In 2008 I was producing loop kits for an iPhone app called Looptastic. Almost 10 years later I’m producing for Retronyms. Funny how the basic technology is the same. Both Looptastic and Hook read ACIDization meta and do stretching. Back then Looptastic was the only app doing this before GarageBand for iOS. In 1998 I worked at a company called Sonic Foundry editing their loops for Acid Pro. As much as I’d like to escape the loop biz it keeps sucking me back in lol. Anyway excited to announce my latest pack Deep EDM now available in the AudioCopy content store!
GarageBand (free) turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
You might enjoy this throw back video featuring Xander Soren as keynote speaker
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
Get Garageband FREE
The cable you need, to use GarageBand or other effects apps with your guitar, bass or keyboard. Our GuitarConnect Cable turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into the most portable guitar rig/practice room/studio you’ve ever used. Connect the cable’s 1/4″ plug to your guitar, bass, or keyboard; then open GarageBand or other instrument effects apps.
As quickly as you can tap your Multi-Touch display, our GuitarConnect Cable and GarageBand plug you into a virtual pedal board with guitar effects, digital tuner, metronome and play-along/practice player that allows you to play along with your favorite songs, or practice tricky sections. No need to lug out the amp; no more neighbors yelling for you to “turn it DOWN…!” Just a super-compact practice rig you can use with your headphones to rock wherever you are, whenever you want.
Tuck your iPhone into a pocket and you’re playing without being tied down (excellent for practicing windmills from atop your coffee table). And because The GuitarConnect Cable provides a standard 1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack, you can plug in your headphones, or an AUX cable (we suggest our own excellent Auxiliary Audio Cable) and play into your home stereo, amp, control board, whatever.
We gave GuitarConnect Cable gold connectors for improved conductivity (and thus, a better signal), as well as a braided exterior for durability.
Heavy-duty 1/4″ mono plug connects to your guitar, bass, or keyboard
1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo plug connects you to the headphone jack of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
1/8″ (3.5 mm) jack allows you to connect headphones, amp, or powered speakers (additional cables not included)
Folks know I love Patterning as most people do. It’s such a wicked drum sequencing app. I’m currently beta testing a new feature that allows users to share their drum kits and patterns via the cloud. I’ve shared my Tempest Industrial kit which is a set I made on a Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine. The following is a video demonstration for my Industrial kit. I made this video a while back before the cloud kit feature was added.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.