PixiTracker 1BIT is a simple and fun tool to quickly create musical sketches, chip tunes and experiments with TRUE 1-BIT SOUND (like on old microcomputers). No musical knowledge required. Perfect for producing Chiptune and Glitch music.
What’s New in Version 1.1
* Audiobus and JACK support;
* additional audio/gfx settings in the Main Menu -> Preferences -> Audio & Graphics;
* additional background images (Main Menu -> Preferences -> Background);
* now you can play any loaded WAV sound with its original speed on the first note of the 6th octave;
* bugs fixed.
[ Key features ]
• true 1-bit sound: only 1 and 0 in the final mix;
• pattern based sequencer (tracker);
• max number of tracks: 12; max number of steps: 64;
• MIDI keyboard support;
• several packs with unique sounds;
• mic/line-in sound recording;
• Wi-Fi export/import;
• export to WAV;
• audio copy/paste;
• iTunes File Sharing;
• warm pixel interface
SquareSynth is a table-based synthesizer for iOS, based on old-school chiptune trackers. Using the “tables” you can create sounds similar to 8bit game consoles, and computers. Must have app for chiptune musicians, or musicians in general. If you want to experiment with 8 bit sounds, look no further!
Authentic 8-bit Sounds! Modeled after NES/Famicom
Pulse, Short Noise, and Long Noise waveform types
Glide, Full Pulse width modulation, and Vibrato
Control Pitch, Wave-type, and Pulse width, via instrument table
Do you have trouble playing chords? Or creating chord progressions? If you’re struggling with chords, then this composition assistant app could be the solution to these problems and more. It’s packed with features, such as a single-finger performance screen, a suggest feature based on a chord progression database, the ability to change voicings of chords and enter user-made chords.
- Play chords with a single finger on the performance screen.
- Get suggested next chords based on a database of chord progressions on the suggest screen.
- Make your own chords on the chord entry screen.
- Change the voicing of chords on the edit voicing screen.
Included Sound Sources:
- Grand Piano
- Electric Piano
- VirtualMIDI OUT compatibility. The app can be connected to other synth apps or Macs to be used as a virtual keyboard.
- Created chord progressions can be managed with saving and loading features.
- Sharp and flat conversion.
- There is no automatic performance feature.
- There is no record or play feature.
- The chord suggest feature is orientated towards popular music. (The current version is major key only.)
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.