DIODE-108 is a drum machine packed with built-in vintage, classic, and acoustic kits. You can easily mix and match the samples provided to make your own custom kits. Import wav files for even more variety.
What’s in version 1.1.0
* Drag and drop effects let you put effects on individual beats!
* Drum kits licensed from respected partners. Dubsounds, Samples From Mars, Orange Tree Samples, and 99Sounds.
* 16 drum voices with unlimited patterns that you can arrange into your own songs
* Each pattern can have its own swing and tempo multiplier
* Every voice has PER BEAT control of pan, volume, tone, pitch, decay, compression, and distortion, delay, and reverb.
* Turn NOTE MODE on for any voice and control the musical note (up or down an octave from the original pitch). Great for basslines or pitched percussion
* Wav sample import
* Mix and Match kits (easily substitute any sample in any kit). Want an 808 kick in a 909 kit? No problem.
* See the Diode-108 in action in this video review and demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=143&v=Sc8kF3Jwd5k
Build your beat on a 16×16 pattern grid. 16 voices is almost twice the number of voices of some of our competitors, and it means that you can have an 808 kit with all the instruments you’re looking for (not just some of them). Set tempo and swing. Several time signatures are supported (and each pattern can have its own).
Tap your beat on our 4 by 4 array of drum pads. Record into the active pattern, or just play along.
Unprecedented control over your drum kit. Dial in the settings you want, mix and match samples from different kits, and save out your modified custom kits for use in any song. How much control do you have? An amazing 7 dials for each of the 16 drum voices!
Diode-108’s crown jewel is its drag-and-drop beat FX. Want a reverse cowbell? Want a bitcrushed tom? Want a cymbal that performs a pitch dive across several beats? Just drag and drop the effect tokens onto beats, and drag them left and right to cover any beats you like. Turn a long-lasting cymbal into a rhythmic backbone. You have to hear it to believe it! Head over to http://www.vibrantdigitalengineering.com for SoundCloud examples.
Build up a collection of named patterns from scratch, or import selected patterns from existing songs. Then drag and drop the patterns to build up a song. Each pattern can have its own swing setting and tempo multiplier if you like!
Export your songs as wav files to SoundCloud, DropBox, or iTunes, or send them through Audiobus to other apps on your iPad.
See music from a new perspective with Rhythm Necklace, the playful yet powerful tool for improvisation and composition. Tap, flip and rotate simple shapes to explore complex polyrhythms. Gestural control of beat distribution algorithms allows for the step-by-step generation of rhythmic shapes. Layer intricate beats in a matter of minutes, then save them for later or export to MIDI.
– Build rhythms on up to four necklaces.
– Adjust the length of each individual cycle to quickly create complex rhythmic ratios
– Use a collection of rhythm building algorithms and geometric transformations to create and morph your rhythm.
-Tap your tempo, use a slider for transitions, or manually type the global speed of your song
– Choose from a variety of pitched sounds and percussive sample sets.
– Quickly modulate between notes in four musical modes (pentatonic, major, minor, chromatic) and five octaves.
– Customize the attack and panning of sounds to suit your composition
– Save your sessions and export them as midi.
– E-mail copies of midi sessions to yourself. These can be opened and edited on most DAWs.
– Midi in/out allows you to fully customize your sounds and record your compositions in real time within an external DAW environment.
The term ‘rhythm necklace’ is used in music to refer to circular representations of repeating patterns. By thinking about rhythms as shapes rather than a linear timeline, it’s easier to see geometric properties that make them enjoyable, such as evenness and symmetry. Often, even subtle changes to the visual interface can completely transform how a rhythm sounds. Rhythm Necklace is a tool for both advanced and novice musicians alike, as well as anyone who wants to think about rhythms in a new way.
Yamaha celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Yamaha Synthesizers with the Yamaha Synth Book. This app features a complete history of Yamaha Synthesizers, an integrated virtual analog soft synth, and serves as a portal to Yamaha’s online synth communities.
– HISTORY features detailed, behind the scenes information about the 40-year design and development history of Yamaha synthesizers. This fascinating historical accounting of the technological breakthroughs behind some of the most innovative, musical and successful Yamaha synthesizers is a must-read for all synth fans.
– AN2015 features virtual analog modeling like the AN1x. It also features a drum part that can keep the beat going while you perform and control the main synth part.
● Use case 1: Enjoy it as a standalone iOS app
There are 2 modes available, SYNTH mode and Drum mode that work at the same time, e.g. when drum phrase is playing, Analog sound can be selectable and playable with the drum phrase, and vice versa without stopping ongoing music.
● Use case 2ÅFUse it with a MOXF as an external tone generator!
When connected to the Yamaha MOXF Music Production Synthesizer (OS version 1.10) using the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter by Apple, the MOXF becomes the MIDI/Audio interface for the iOS app creating a very powerful music production system.
Flection is the ultimate waveshaper for iPad. Select one of the more than 30 base transfer functions and adjust it with exceptional accuracy and flexibility. Use the pre-equalizer for additional frequency-specific shaping. No less than six different real-time audio visualisations (including spectrum difference view and I/O audio histogram) give you a complete picture of the audio before and after processing. Mix between your four favourite shaping presets in performance mode. Full Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatibility allows for the interconnection with other iPad apps.
Flection is an advanced precision tool for shaping your sound. It offers high quality stereo audio processing at very low latency, flexible control and multifaceted visual feedback. Waveshaping is typically known to work great for guitar distortion, but you can use Flection just as well to spice up your drums, mangle your vocals or enhance your synths.
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. Some of the apps that contain my loops are iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.