VoxSyn turns your voice into the most flexible vocal sound generator ever. Instantly following even subtle modulations of pitch and spectral changes of your voice VoxSyn creates signature vocal sounds far beyond traditional vocoding.
Talk or sing into the microphone and you’ll trigger various synthesizer sounds following your voice pitch or the notes touched on the hexagonal keyboard / external MIDI Keyboard. The basic sounds are selected from a vast pool of predefined sounds from the famous TERA synthesis engine which can be further expanded by its unique random sound generator.
The harmonic table note layout visualizes your voices pitch in realtime and also let you play notes for more traditional vocoder effects.
### Introductory offer for a limited time ###
VoxSyn is Audiobus compatible and can be used in the Input, Filter and Output slots in the Audiobus signal chain.
The output can be recorded to an audio file which you can use with other Apps and programs for further processing.
– Voice control of pitch and timbre
– 22-channel Vocoder
– Integrated preset synthesizer engine
– Hundreds of presets included
– Hi-end Reverb and Chorus/Delay/Distortion/Phaser effects
– Share/Export of audio recordings
– CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI and Background audio
– Inter App Audio compatible
– Audiobus 2 support (Input/Filter/Output) with state saving
Voxen is a voice synthesizer. It lets you synthesize singing voices.
Any voice, not just the few voices that someone else designed into it.
Plus voices that no vocalist can sing.
No pitch shifting. No time warping.
Just good ol’ pure synthesis.
Voxen is based on the voice synthesis technology used by speech scientists and psychoacousticians around the globe. Even though it can be great fun to play with, it is not a toy. Voxen is intended for musicians, DJs and producers who are looking for new and different sources of sounds.
It’s time to set your aural imagination free…
– Eight note polyphony
– Keyboard range of more than ten octaves
– Three X-Y touchpads
– Twenty-eight vertical linear knobs
– Choice of dark or light background colour
– Eight choices of foreground colour
– Save and load user-defined patches
For those who are interested in the more technical details, Voxen is a polyphonic formant synthesizer. There are three banks of knobs which control, respectively, the voice, the voice envelope and the formants. The six voice knobs control provide a modified Klatt 1989 voicing source. The ten voice envelope knobs control master amplitude and ADSR envelope for the voicing source and for a separate aspiration source. The remaining twelve knobs control the centre frequencies and bandwidths of the first four formants and the centre values and differences (spread) for a nasal formant/antiformant pair.
Each of the three X-Y touchpads controls a pair of parameters, f1 & f2, b1 & b2 and vibrato rate & vibrato depth.
Spectral tilt (or voice brightness) is controlled by the height you are touching the keys.
The overall aim of the user interface is to make it simple to control the many parameters in a live setting. The colours are based on the Solarized theme by Ethan Schoonover.
And if none of that made sense to you, don’t worry. You do not need to understand any of it to make cool sounds with Voxen.
Voice Synth is a specialized synthesizer for creative voice sculpting
✭✭✭ Ideal tool for creative voice expression ✭✭✭
Voice Synth is much more than your average voice changer app. Create and design your own incredible voices that live, breathe and evolve in real-time as you play. Sound like famous pop artists, “deep” movie voices (“Soon… in this theatre”), a close harmony choir, a robot, a church organ, a baby, lion, guitar, old telephone or anything else you can create. Sing in the mic and become a true artist by tweaking the controls of the vocoder, sampler, pitch and formant shifter, automatic tuning and harmony arranger, distortion, delay, stereo chorus and reverb.
✭✭✭ Voice Synth is a smart instrument ✭✭✭
We spent more than a year designing easy controls optimized for voice sculpting. So you don’t have to deal with the technical complexity of conventional vocoders or synthesizers:
✔ Intuitive voice design: you can tweak every aspect of your voice separately. No experience required, your ears will guide you
✔ Intuitive interface: no scrolling through menus, all voice controls and display information are always available
✔ One app, two interfaces: a dedicated interface designed for iPad and a compact interface for iPhone and iPod without any loss of features so you can create anywhere you go.
What’s New in Version 2.1
* Retina graphics for iPad 3
* Preset Library with over 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets
* Import/ export presets
* Extended equalizer panel with 8 quick presets and stereo VU meters
* Info center with improved news notification badge
* Fixes issue with M4A encoding on iPhone 4S and iPad 2/3
* Fixes issue with sound output becoming silent
* Fixes issue with hanging MIDI notes
* Improved noise resilience for use with noisy headsets
NEW IN VERSION 2.0
* Completely revised sound engine with 2×32 bit 44.1 kHz processing
* Improved reverb
* In-app help (in addition to in-app demo video)
* Improved recording process for samples and performances
* Performance recorder with FF/rewind/pause
* Audio copy/paste to/from iOS pasteboard
* Full MIDI support (Core, Virtual, Network) to control keyboard and effects
* Compatibility audio/MIDI via the dock connector (e.g. Alesis IO Dock, Apple Camera Connection Kit)
* Export recordings in uncompressed WAV format, and M4A format with improved compatibility (PC/iTunes/VLC)
* Export recordings to iTunes file sharing and other apps
* Multitasking support for fast app switching
* Visual sample editor to set start, end, loop and trigger method
✭✭✭ The ideal addition to any project ✭✭✭
Create improved, bizarre, funny, scary or out of this world voices:
✔ Enrich your movie or YouTube video
✔ Enrich your own music by adding your voice
✔ Add famous autotune effects in your musical compositions
✔ Sound like a virtuoso with the tune mode assistant: sing in key and create multiple voices in musical harmony
✔ … or any other voice effect you might need as a DJ or announcer for a live performance
* IMPORTANT NOTE *
1) Some users reported issues with the built-in mic (no sound or noise)
2) We are investigating and resolving this issue!
3) If you experience this, use a headset with included microphone (e.g. standard Apple headset)
Thanks for your patience
✔ All effects applied simultaneously, polyphonic, in real-time with low-latency
✔ Live: voice transform as you speak (headphone only)
✔ Repeat: autorecord/replay
✔ Sampler: record in sampler bank, replay with keyboard
✔ 8 banks of 10sec
✔ 8 tapes, record/replay performance
✔ Export by email
✔ 8 programmable, 8 factory presets
✔ 2.5 octave (iPad), 1 octave (iPhone/iPod), shift +/- 3 octaves
✔ Auto key hold and sampler trigger
✔ Low/high register to add brilliance
✔ 24 bands, 5th order filters
✔ Natural: recreates your own voice
✔ Robot: no intonation, extra harmonics
✔ Breath: hiss-like
✔ 24 bands, adjust +/- 12 dB, VU 0 to -80 dB
✔ Autobalances overall volume
✔ Produces deep “loudness” and shallow “telephone” voices
VoiceSynth is available for $2.99 for a limited time.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.