Acid Techno is easy with Troublemaker by Bram Bos. A TB-303 inspired audio unit synthesizer with step sequencer. In this video I will 1) Show you how to create a pattern in Troublemaker and export the midi into Cubasis 2) Use Troublemaker in Cubasis as an audio unit 3) Run Troublemaker through Squashit multi band distortion. I hope you enjoy it! PS – 600 subscribers!! Thank you for the support over the years.
The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you’re after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
It also has the wow.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
– Ableton Link synchronization,
– MIDI CC mapping,
– Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
– Audiobus support
– Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar 😉
Mode Machines announced today they have completed their iPad x0xb0x and it will be in the app store shortly. Best of all , it’s free!
x0xb0x = Synth + Sequencer
The x0xb0x is not just another MIDI-controlled TB-303 clone. x0xb0x is a full reproduction of the original Roland synthesizer, with fully functional sequencer. The sequencer can be programmed just like the original 303 (ok its actually a little easier, we think) and can be used to control other synthesizers via any of its various output formats. 128 banks of track memory and 64 banks of pattern memory, virtual midi, and more!
Giving the Propellerheads Rebirth a run for the money is Rhythm Studio. This app boasts a full electronic music production kit including TB-303 synth, TR-808 drum machine, and so much more. In fact, the updates and features list almost seem to never stop growing with this app.
1. FM-3 synthesizer included
The FM-3 is a 3 operator FM (frequency modulation) synthesizer capable of making gritty mean noise to sparkling digital chaos. Designed to make FM synthesis simple and accessible, the FM-3 allows you to get results fast. This synth is a lot of fun when you explore its sonic possibilities.
Rhythm Studio FM Synthesizer
What’s New in Version 1.06
The third major update is now included in the app (you asked and we listened!):
1. Phoenix Synthesizer included – The famous Supersaw sound is now in your hands.
2. WIST support included!
3. Background Audio enabled allowing you to play other audio apps while Rhythm Studio is playing (multi-tasking iOS device required)
4. Share song via bluetooth
1. Gemini Synthesizer included – 2 oscillators modeling analog waveforms – 24db resonant filter – oscillator sync – ring modulation.
2. New FX, including: Phaser, D-Verb, S-Verb, Amp Distortion, 2 band Equalizer, & Auto Filter.
3. Improved navigation with a zoom button and panning which snaps to each device.
4. Full multi-touch enabled. Now you can control and move as many knobs and switches as you like!
+ Optimizations and bug fixes.
iOS 5 audio is fixed. Power cycling your device might be necessary to restore audio after the update.
1. You can now have FOUR instrument devices in your song!
2. You now have the ability to choose what devices go into your song. Four TB-3’s? No problem!
3. The DR-9 Drum Machine has been added. This is a 909 style drum machine. Let the legend continue.
4. The Hornet Ribbon Synth has been added. The Hornet is a funky subtractive synth.
5. Export to Audio Paste has been added!
6. The Mixer and FX have been integrated into a single mixer device that fits on one screen.
7. The Control Pad has been improved with a larger control surface and the ability to erase mistakes.
8. You now have the choice to move the knobs linearly or angularly.
9. Email functionality has been added. Email us for support or email your song file to a friend.
10. The Gate FX has been added for slicing and dicing your sound.
11. You can now lock a song to prevent future editing.
12. Single tap from bird’s eye view to zoom into device.
13. Minor Bug Fixes.
14. Lots of optimization!
15. Improved Graphics.
Rhythm Studio by PulseCode Inc is a premier universal electronic music making app, boasting richly detailed graphics and incredible sound, with impeccable recreations of classic synths and drum machines such as the 303 and 808 along with other amazing studio hardware.
Rhythm Studio is a workspace style app with a studio of realistic electronic music instruments. It is a universal app available on all current iOS hardware.
Rhythm Studio balances advanced features by using an easy to understand interface resembling real instruments. This means that one button does one thing just like it would with real hardware. Knobs turn, switches slide, and buttons press. You won’t get lost in abstract interfaces or design. Rhythm Studio is the next best thing to having the real hardware.
Rhythm Studio includes a full 808 drum machine, 303 synthesizer, sample based synthesizer, XY style control pad, and mixer with FX.
Rhythm Studio has three ways of creating music.
Manually program the drum machine and synthesizers like the original hardware.
Use the Control Pad to play the drum machine or synthesizers live.
Create randomized patterns based on the key and scale of the song.
What makes Rhythm Studio stand out?
Imagine having a studio of rare vintage synths and drum machines in the palm of your hand. Beautifully rendered synthesizers make seeing the app as enjoyable as hearing it. Rhythm Studio is the next best thing to having the real hardware.
Rhythm Studio allows you to make music the way you want to by giving you three different ways to create your song.
1. Use the step sequencer like the real hardware.
2. Use the Control Pad to play the synths live.
3. Instantly create a random pattern.
ReBirth is back! Propellerhead Software’s legendary Techno Micro Composer has been resurrected and customized for the iPad. ReBirth faithfully emulates dance music’s three backbone devices: The Roland TB-303 Bass synth and the Roland TR-808 and 909 drum machines. Combine these with FX units, fully featured pattern sequencers and a gorgeous-looking interface and you’re ready to make killer tracks on your iPad. Share your music with friends on Facebook, Twitter and more using the built in sharing features.
What’s New in Version 1.3
• AudioBus support
• Duo Mode – flip instruments around and jam with a friend on the same iPad
• MIDI sync – sync ReBirth to your DAW, MIDI hardware or other apps
• Background mode – keep ReBirth playing in the background when slaved to other apps
• SoundCloud Sharing – share your ReBirth music on SoundCloud
• iTunes export – export your track to iTunes on your computer
• Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
2 x TB-303 Bassline Synthesizer with pattern sequencer
The original Acid House and Techno bass synth. Unrivaled power, unmistakable sound.
Device specific mixer sections with pan, delay sends and FX switches
Includes 7 original user mods with alternative sound sets and graphics
Share function with easy publication of songs to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
Propellerhead Software AB Web SiteReBirth for iPad Support
What’s New in Version 1.2
Wireless sync-start over Bluetooth with WIST compatible apps.
You can now sync with your friend’s iPad or iPhone to create a dynamic live performances. Compatible apps include Korg iElectribe, iMS-20 and of course ReBirth 1.2
technoBox2 is your virtual techno studio on the go featuring stunningly accurate emulations of three classic boxes: The legendary 303 bass machine together with the smooth 808 and punchy 909 drum machines. technoBox2 has easy to use sequencing capabilities which lets you tie together patterns, or use it live by improvising pattern switches on the fly!
technoBox2 is the next version of technoBox implementing many asked for features, amongst others:
– Dual 303s and drum machines (2×303, 2×808/909)
– The 303 emulation is our latest engine which sports improved authenticity
– Dual XY Pads with assignable axis to any parameters
– Improved song sequencing with Start/End and Loop markers
– Lock parameters song bars
– Export recorded songs (as .wav) via iTunes (documents)
– Upload recorded song to SoundCloud directly and share
– Load your own .wav and .aif samples (uncompressed 44.1kHz 16-bit) into the drum machines (via iTunes documents)
– Performance screen with the most accessed controls on one screen
– Completely redesigned FX Panel: You can now activate effects on any or all of the 4 machines
– Improved tempo synced phaser and distortion effects. Added a damp parameter to the delay.
– Filter cutoff added to the drum machines
– Per part decay added to the drum machines
– iPad native resolution support
– Retina display support
– Requires at least iPhone 4 (but runs best on iPad 2/iPhone 4s) or iPod touch with Retina display
Version 2.1.0 changes
– Additional 606-kit added
– Now supports both landscape and portrait modes on iPad
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.