Molten is a powerful and intuitive tool for creating percussive sounds and rhythm sequences. Using a revolutionary approach to grid based pattern sequencing that divides time to instantly add tuplets and fills to your drum programming. Unleash the potential of your beats on the iPad.
A complete rhythm synthesizer – this is the bit we REALLY like =)
Molten is built on a versatile synthesizer that allows you to play and process your own sound samples. The kits can be mangled, filtered and crushed using the multi-touch interface. Load and store your patterns and share them with your friends. Connect to pro music equipment with MIDI CC and clock sync (we also REALLY like this).
This video doesn’t really do it much justice. This thing can do a lot more than what you see here.
Easily and quickly create rhythms with complex time signatures. Intuitively divide a note into tuplets. Sample based synthesis with user loadable samples. Each pattern has 8 instrument track. Global master effects processor including delay, reverb, EQ & compressor. Share your pattern compositions as audio or MIDI files or transfer patterns between Molten users
Arctic Keys is a virtual analog synthesizer. With a newly incorporated Unison Mode technology and classic dual-oscillator subtractive synthesis design that gives you the sound creation flexibility we all know and love. With an easy to use user interface that just wants to be tweaked. The result is a truly professional instrument with an audio quality that rivals that of hardware synthesizers.
Cool new Delay effect!
Unison Mode Technology
Improved the Unison mode detune of each voice
- FIXED: crash bug when setting polyphony voice count
- Performance optimistions for older hardware. I highly recommend that on iPhone 3GS & iPod touch 3rd gen that you set the polyphony to a maximum of 3 and/or lateny to 1024. Go to General Settings then select Arctic Keys to adjust these values.
Added external MIDI scales transformer, effectively making Arctic the Keyboard Scale controller. Set the scale in Arctic Keys, then any incoming MIDI notes are automatically mapped to that scale.
If you suffer audio breakups, try reducing the CPU usage by lowering the polyphony and/or patch complexity.
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Two X-Y Pads with assignable modulation routing
- Keyboard scales
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements including soft limiter and global audio engine settings
With all the synthesizer parameters immediately available on one page, you get instant feedback as you tweak. The two LFOs each have three modulation destinations. Each LFO may also be free running or sync’ed to tempo and the timing rate adjusted. The modulation matrix allows for deep routing between the Mod Wheel, aftertouch and 16 x 4 analog-style gated step-sequencer. Quickly change pages to edit effects and sequences.
The classic arpeggiator is complimented by the 16 x 4 gated step-sequencer. Play a note to trigger the sequencer. Step through a sequence to play short melodic lines or let it modulate the synthesizer. The different key gating options may be used to change how the sequence is triggered. Each of the 4 tracks has an assignable modulation destination and loop point. Along with traditional Pitch and Mod Wheels, adjust the velocity by tapping along the length of the key from top to bottom. Change the key mode to mono for retro lead lines. Adjust the size of the keyboard to suite your style or use a gesture to scroll through the octaves. Place the keyboard into Pitch mode and use multi-touch gestures to bend individual notes, while sliding up and down the keys to add aftertouch.
The live phrase recorder lets you save your performances as 44.1KHz 16-bit WAV files and as a Standard MIDI File. The MIDI File includes all the knob’s control change information along with the notes you play. Use Sonoma AudioCopy or Intua Audio Sharing to paste recorded audio directly into other apps. From within Arctic Keys, e-mail the patches you make, then open them directly and save into your patch library. Or share them with Wi-Fi and iTunes File Sharing.
✚ Follow us on Twitter @onereddogmedia
• Synthesis: analog modelling
• Polyphony: up to 4 voices
• Oscillators: 2 per voice, alias free, saw, triangle and square with pulse width, hard sync, ring mod, noise generator
• Filter: 1 multi-mode resonating filter with 4 filter types
• Envelopes: filter and amp ADSR envelopes
• Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, 3 routable destinations per LFO, independently sync-able
• Effects: master effect processors: 3-band EQ, Distortion, Chorus, Stereo Delay
• Arpeggiator: classic arpeggiator with octave shift, MIDI-sync-able
• Sequencer: 16 x 4 gated step sequencer with multiple modulation destinations, MIDI-sync-able
• Keyboard: glissando, scroll, multi-touch poly pitch bend and aftertouch
• KORG Wireless-Sync Start Technology (WIST)
• Sonoma AudioCopy
• MIDI Learn
• Live phrase recorder with audio and MIDI export
• File and patch sharing via iTunes File Sharing, e-mail and Wi-Fi
• Supports external MIDI in and out via CoreMIDI Networking and USB with the Camera Connection Kit
• Audio background operation
• Virtual MIDI Ports
• Open Music App Collaboration compliant
|\|\|\|\ _|¯|_|¯|_ /\/\/\/\
Synths with built in sequencers are always useful! The UI looks shiny and fun. Nice work gents.
Arctic Keys is available for $4.99
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.