Funkbox contains all your favorite vintage drum machine sounds in one funky quirky little app! FunkBox has been used by electronic artists such as Gorillaz (on their album “The Fall”) and Tom Middleton (Global Communications, Jedi Knights). FunkBox has also been used by rock/pop musicians such as Joan Osborne (“What If God Was One Of Us”) and Glenn Tilbrook (Squeeze) live in concert. Its quirky vintage sounds and advanced features make it popular with musicians of many music genres, both live and in the studio!
What’s New in Version 3.2
MIDI Clock Sync fixed.
Virtual MIDI note input fixed.
Minor scale in MIDI bass sequencer fixed.
Some MIDI in/out values changed to match General MIDI.
MIDI implementation chart in the manual has been updated.
Audiobus is supported, see http://audiob.us for more info on how to use other apps to record or filter FunkBox.
FunkBox 3.1 features:
The look, feel, sound and quirks of a classic vintage drum machine.
iOS 6 compatible, iPhone 5 retina graphics compatible, iPad retina graphics compatible.
Universal app that works great on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Buy it once and you can use it on all your iOS devices.
Fourteen classic boxes to choose from, including favorites like the 808, 909, CR-78, LM-2, MRK-2, DX, TOM, and more.
Create your own custom boxes by mix and matching preset samples, or even import and use your own custom samples.
Includes 36 preset rhythm patterns, plus several more bonus banks. Easily edit the included patterns to create your own beats.
Export your drum loops as audio or midi via email, audio pasteboard, or the iTunes folder.
Easily share your custom boxes and patterns via email with your friends, or between your devices.
Use CoreMIDI to sync up with “real” music equipment or other music apps, multi-tasking in the background or on other nearby iOS devices.
Use the bonus MIDI bass sequencer to play a bassline along with your beat using another iOS app or a “real” hardware synth!
Stochastik is a full-featured Drum Machine with one outstanding difference. Unlike any other Drum Machine, Stochastik lets you set a *probability* that a note will trigger for each step. So, your basic beat can rock steady while accents and syncopation only happen every so often.
Once you add chance into the mix, you can generate thousands of unique variations *automatically* in the time it takes to sequence (one, two or four) bars. It’s as easy as programming a static loop but it generates a dynamic track — no more repetitive beats! Over a thousand of high-quality samples are included, from classic analog drum machines of the past to pristine acoustic jazz and rock kits. You can mix and match samples to create the perfect kit for each song. Plus, you can import your own samples through iTunes File Sharing, email or the Dropbox iPad App.
Stochastik was made to share, so you can collaborate with your friends by emailing or uploading your song, pattern and kit settings.
Stochastik plays well with other apps. When you bounce your pattern to a wav file, it’s automatically put in the clipboard for pasting into other apps. With WIST, you can wirelessly sync with other devices. With background audio, you can let Stochastik lay down the beat while you use a synth. MIDI is coming soon.
☞ Audio Features:
★ 15 Samples at a time, arranged in 3 banks of 5
★ Over a thousand included drum, cymbal and percussion sounds — acoustic, analog and digital.
★ 32 Voices so you will have plenty of polyphony
★ Bounce to 44.1Khz/16bit wav audio files
★ Background Audio – the audio will continue to play when you switch apps.
☆ Coming Soon: Export each drum as a separate track for mixing in your digital audio workstation
☞ Sequencing Features:
★ Stochastic programming of dynamic beats
★ As many Patterns, Songs and Kits as you can fit on your device.
★ Patterns can be 16, 32 or 64 steps long, and you can easily copy them to make tweaks.
★ Quick touch pads on sequencer screen for jamming, recording your beats and making quick tweaks
★ Sliders instead of knobs. I wish every music app got rid of knobs
★ Precise Entry (tap a number to bring up the keyboard) for maximum control over volume, pan, bpm and shuffle
☆ Coming Soon: Mute / Solo, Set Volume per step.
How to use Stochastik with Garageband and other apps.
☞ Integration Features:
★ Import/Export wav files, songs, patterns and kits through Email, iTunes File Sharing, the Dropbox iPad App and more
★ AudioCopy & Pasteboard support to use your drum patterns in GarageBand, BeatMaker and other compatible apps.
★ Full “Open In…” support for working with other apps
★ WIST so you can wirelessly sync Stochastik with other devices – http://www.korguser.net/wist/
☆ Coming Soon: MIDI
RealBeat by Joerg Piringer app for Mac is now available for your iPhone and iPod Touch.
You can beat reality!
Record your voice, your fridge, your neighbour’s dog or let your iPhone or iPad speak and make rhythms out of the sounds immediately.
RealBeat concentrates on simplicity and fast results. No steep learning curve or cluttered screens! Get creative in an instant!
RealBeat is a sampler that enables you to record sounds and create rhythms out of them. It also features an easy way to let your device speak and use the sound as a source material for rhythms and loops.
* Sampler (record sounds easily)
* Text to Speech (let your device speak for you)
* Modify the sound (pitch, reverse, distortion, reverb, …)
* Sequencer (make rhythms)
* Patterns (modify the rhythm easily)
* Live effects (manipulate in realtime)
* Export sounds to other apps via Audio Copy
* Export sounds to your computer via iTunes
* Works with internal microphone
RealBeat offers simple and fast access to sampling and manipulating recorded sounds live or at home. Expect lots of fun with your own samples & sounds.
IMPORTANT: to sample sounds on an older iPod touch you need a microphone like a headset with a microphone.
Ever want to become an Electro producer? Well it’s pretty simple nowadays if you have an iPhone and this cool little app called Bleep!BOX *also available for the iPad!
bleep!BOX is a drum machine, synthesizer and sequencer for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
bleep!BOX has NO SAMPLES – every sound is generated in realtime, so you can tweak to your hearts’ content and kiss repetitive, cookie cutter drum beats and loops goodbye. bleep!BOX is not a simple toy – it’s powerful enough for you to make real music. Great for house, hip hop, R&B, electronica, drum’n’bass, trance, techno, IDM and more.
New: You can now take patterns you make on your mobile device and load them up on your desktop using the bleep!BOX Plugin (VST / AU compatible). See our website for details.
bleep!BOX is the mobile app that musicians, DJ’s, and producers have been waiting for. Check it out and see why Computer Music Magazine gave it 5/5 stars!
Looking to try out bleep!BOX? Check out bleep!BOX Player for free, which will let you get a feel for the app without having the full feature set.
* Works on both iPhone and iPad (with a custom interface on the iPad)
* Audio copying via the General Pasteboard method.
* Realtime processing – NO SAMPLES
* Classic, tweakable x0x drum emulations
* Analog style 2-Osc synths
* 10 parts (voices)
* 50+ Parameters
* Ringmod, FM, PhaseMod, Sync, Distortion
* Global delay FX
* 8 Waveforms
* Tempo, swing, pattern length
* Save patches and presets
* Live performance modes
* Step sequencing + recording modes
* Parameter automation
* Song Mode: make a song from several patterns.
* Record songs or Patterns to .WAV
* VST / AU plugin is available for integration with your DAW (please see our website for details)
bleep!BOX was made by White Noise Audio Software (http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/), makers of Zero Vector, Additive and Doppelmangler. We have over a decade of experience coding synthesizers and effects!
Beatmaker 2 by Intua is a complete electronic music production studio for iPad. It was also the very first app to do this when the iPhone first came out.
- Native iPad interface
- Support for MIDI controllers through CoreMIDI, with MIDI learning and templates
- Instruments parameters automations (LFOs, envelopes, pads settings, etc.)
- MIDI export improved with Control Change (MIDI CC) messages
- New Master track with volume, pan, and 3 FX slots
- Audio input monitoring while recording
- New “Note Repeat” mode
- Pad copy & paste on the drum machine
- Improved memory management
- Info window for monitoring CPU, memory usage, battery and controlling the audio device
- SoundCloud API now uses OAuth2
- Reduce application binary size
- Add support for bluetooth speakers and headphones (A2DP compliant)
- Many improvements in every aspect of the application
- Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine or Keyboard interface
- 10 effect units to choose from: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive.
- 3 effect slots for each instrument, unlimited global effect racks
- Customizable Cross Controller for all effects, to manipulate multiple parameters at once
- CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
- Up to 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 different banks
- Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
- Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
- Low/high pass filter per pad with cutoff and resonance control
- Choose between various pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
- Customizable envelope (ADSR) control for each pad
- Exclusive groups and polyphony management
- “Live” modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
- Pad copy & paste
- 128 keys keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
- Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
- Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
- Low/high pass filter with cutoff, resonance and key tracking
- 2 LFOs with customizable amplitude, offset and rate (synchronizable), controlling volume, pitch and filter parameters
- Polyphony control, with up to 32 voices per keyboard sampler
- Legato play mode with customizable glide
- Keygroup controls: volume, pan, semitones, fine-tune, reverse and one-shot, hold, hold & loop trigger modes
- Create unlimited instrument and FX tracks
- Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
- Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
- Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters, and automations.
- Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
- Includes multiple convenient tools such as zooming
- Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive pinch and selection for manipulating samples
- Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with 8 levels undo/redo
- High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
- Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
- Record new samples from device microphone or plugged instrument
- Loop points and tempo/signature editor
- Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
- Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for individual tracks
LARGE SOUNDBANK INCLUDED:
- 68 Drum Machine presets from all genres
- 111 Keyboard Sampler presets, from synthesizers to realistic orchestral instruments.
- More than 1800 quality samples to choose from
SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS:
- Native iPad & iPhone interfaces, Retina display
- Export your songs to Audio or MIDI files
- Transfer and manage your files from your computer using the integrated FTP server
- Import any songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
- Share audio content with more than 20 other music applications using the iOS pasteboard
- Upload your songs directly to your SoundCloud account
- User friendly file browser and manager, with sample, preset and project tagging for quick lookup
- Supports BeatMaker 1 kits and projects
- Compatible with iRig Mic and iRig Plug Interface for professional audio and vocal recordings
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.