Folks know I love Patterning as most people do. It’s such a wicked drum sequencing app. I’m currently beta testing a new feature that allows users to share their drum kits and patterns via the cloud. I’ve shared my Tempest Industrial kit which is a set I made on a Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine. The following is a video demonstration for my Industrial kit. I made this video a while back before the cloud kit feature was added.
Stroke Machine is a professional Groove Synthesizer for the iPad. HALF PRICE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!
• Play your percussion sounds in the new Pad view.
• Mix your tracks in the new Mix view.
• Assign MIDI Controllers to any sound, effect or mixer parameter to control them with an external MIDI hardware controller.
• Audiobus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns with the sample-exact ultra-high resolution pattern sequencer and switch between them in a live performance. Mix, mute or solo sounds, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality oscillators with analog waveforms, playback of your own samples or from the huge factory sample library, frequency and ring modulation, white and pink noise generator, transient generator, multimode filter, overdrive, sample rate and bit depth reduction stage, two-band equalizer, extremely fast envelopes and LFOs, routed into four studio-quality multi-effect busses each featuring sum overdrive, compressor, a modulation effect like chorus, flanger, phaser or sum filter, and a space effect like time or clock delay, or natural, plate or non-linear reverb, all at the same time.
Modulate all continuous parameters with the modulation sequencer, assign envelopes, the LFO, random values or other modulation sources, or control them with dedicated MIDI hardware controllers.
Choose between a colorful user interface skin for dim light situations on stage or a subdued skin for pattern creation sessions in the studio.
• 12 drum and percussion sound parts
• 12 melodic sound parts
• number of voices only limited by CPU
• 4 multi-effect busses
• pattern with up to 16 bars and 256th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable
• modulation sequencer for smooth or quantized automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter
• 128 quick access patterns
• track mix, pan, solo and mute
• sample import
• audio export of a pattern or the whole performance
• MIDI Channel selection per melodic sound and all percussion sounds
• MIDI Clock synchronization
• MIDI Control Change message learn
• Inter-App Audio
• Audiobus 2
• 2 oscillators with analog waveforms and sample playback
• sine wave adjustable in slope, symmetry and saturation
• frequency modulation
• ring modulation
• white and pink noise generator with variable density and multimode filter
• transient generator with crack, rattle, spike, click and thump generators
• multimode filter with 6 dB low or high pass, 12 dB and 24 dB low, band or high pass and band stop
• drive stage with light, medium, hard, clip, tube and fuzz overdrive and tone control
• redux stage (decimator) with sample rate and bit reduction
• fully parametric two-band equalizer with shelf and band types
• glide generator with portamento and glissando for melodic sounds
• voice allocation poly, mono and 3 alternate groups
• 1 LFO with waveforms sine, triangle, pulse, positive pulse, sawtooth, 4 step ramp, 8 step ramp, sample & hold, random, rate synchronizable to clock
• 2 ADSR- or ADBD-envelopes with variable slope for each stage
• modulation sources LFO, envelope 1 and 2, velocity, note number, 4 random generators, pitch bend and modulation wheel
• any continuous parameter can be modulated
• voice mixed into one of four effect busses
Per effect bus:
• sum drive stage with various types and tone filter
• modulation effect with 2 to 6 stage chorus, 4 to 12 stage phaser or multimode filter
• space effect with stereo modulation delay, synchronizable to clock, natural, plate, or non-linear reverb
Minimum requirement: iOS 6.0
Get Stroke Machine! (half price for a limited time)
Funk Drummer is the grooviest drum machine with the ability to improvise like a human drummer. The essence of authentic Funk, from classic R&B to fusion.
The new Live Pads lets to play live sessions on the way with 8 assignable pads and buttons for fills, intro, end with midi controls. And now, you can synchronize with any app easily with Ableton Link.
What’s New in Version 2.01
– Live Pads
– Ableton Live Sync
– Improved Jam
– Solved iPhone 6 issue engine and interface
– Bugs Solved
– New sounds for Raters
– More than 150 funk grooves divided into banks: Fusion, Odd Times, Disco Funk, Ternary rhythms and more.
– The best jamming tool improvise like a human drummer. Set the improvisation level with a simple slider. From 0 (totally stable rhythms) to 100 (creative drummer took too much coffee)
– 35(+6 for Raters) multilayer sounds with 3 different hits (ghost note, accented note and special) x 3 RoundRobin alternating samples.
– Round Robin alternating samples, combining 3 layer samples of each stroke makes a extremely natural sound.
– 4 Effects to combine, including Compressor/Gate, Equalizer, Delay and Reverb.
– Several Random generators to get creative ideas instantly.
– Song Mode. Extra fast tool to create rhythmic structures for your song in seconds.
– Ableton Link Sync.
– Inter-App Audio.
– Midi Sync by The Spectacular Sync Engine
– Control several parameters with midi Control Change and Program Change.
Midi Program Change: SoundSet
Midi CC 0: Bank
Midi CC 7: Master Volume
Midi CC 11: Swing
Midi CC 32: Rhythm
Midi CC 91: Reverb Gain
— Live Pad Midi Controls:
C2 to G2 : Select Pad
D1: Fill for the next Pad change
E1: Fill for every Pad change
A1: Fill & Start / End.
– Song Mode Controls:
Midi Note C1: Preview Song
Midi Note D1: Next Song
* Double press to edit a part or song
* Long press to move parts or songs
PRAXIS BEATS version 2 is here and it is a very important update. Many users will be happy to now have MIDI, AudioCopy, and AudioShare support. you also have an option to unlock 2500 new samples for the app but a twitter account is required. This is done by using an in app link which involves tweeting a message about the app.
Praxis Beats redefines what a drum machine can do. Control the beat with individual parameters down to 128th notes in a simple, intuitive interface. Instantly program complex loops with maximum precision. Make your beats expressive and dynamic with a few taps. Sub-millisecond accuracy and advanced streamlined DSP all at the tip of your fingers. Glitch and roll and fill to your heart’s desire. The drum machine you never knew you needed.
What’s New in Version 2.0
MASSIVE update. Everything you know and love is back and better than ever! Including:
• MIDI support
• AudioCopy and AudioShare support
• Access to over 2500 exclusive samples
• Effects automation
• 2 Effects Pads with automation. Choose from 9 available effects.
• 14 Drum kits out of the box. Over 200 samples to start with.
• Dropbox and iTunes File Sharing sync for samples, drum kits, and song files.
• MIDI integration, powered in part by the Spectacular Sync Engine.
• AudioCopy and AudioShare support.
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support.
• Numerous recording options, including live recording, loop export, and track export.
• Over 2500 exclusive extra samples available for FREE by posting a tweet.
Triqtraq will soon support Ableton Link. Link is a technology that keeps devices in time over a wireless network, so you can forget the hassle of setting up and focus on playing music. Link will soon be available to the wider music-making community as a built-in feature of a growing number of iOS apps.
Triqtraq is a sort of all in one Groovebox type app with an intuitive easy to use interface. It’s perfect for creating beats and sampling.
SUPER QUICK INTERFACE
• Compose and tweak beats fluently in an all-in-one window interface, without ever hitting stop.
• It’s all about touch: build up, vary, mangle and break your patterns with a swipe of your finger.
• Compose up to 16 patterns, and arrange them in the 16 step queue to build entire songs.
TWEAK YOUR (OWN!) SOUNDS
• Have endless fun with the real-time sound manipulation by recording various effect and parameter sliders.
• Add that personal touch and record your own sounds while jamming, with the super fast microphone recording feature.
• Get creative with a large library of over 400 included samples in 4 categories: Drums, Bass, Percussion and Keys.
• Take your custom sample library on the road by importing or pasting sounds from other apps.
GO DEEP WITH THE ADVANCED POSSIBILITIES
• Surprise yourself and make endless variations of one loop: give each of the four channels a different length.
• Every recorded parameter automation can have its own length too, resulting in ever evolving rhythms or melodies.
• Create your own original grooves by changing the swing amount and BPM per step.
SHARE IT & PLAY TOGETHER
• Get your recorded tunes out there and export your tracks to Soundcloud or Mail.
• Move ideas to other apps and store audio recordings on Dropbox (via Open in…).
• Get an even bigger sonic palette by using it along other apps with Audiobus and Inter-app-audio.
What’s New in Version 1.5.3
– User Guide and Kick Start tutorial (in menu)
– reduced latency on the sample pads
– 64-bit support
– removed Korg Wist support
– AudioBus SDK 2.2
– AudioCopy SDK 3
COMING SOON ABLETON LINK
• Four channels, each containing 8 sample pads
• Up to 16 patterns in one session
• Live input or step editor
• Automation (recording slider movements) of all effects in real-time
• Multi-editing and recording by selecting multiple channels
• Unique amount and speed of sequencer steps per channel (Loop Range)
• Sample swapping during playback
• Sample recording with the internal microphone, also during playback
• Library with more than 400 one-shot samples included
• Queue feature for arranging patterns into a full track
• Real-time switching between patterns
• Export of real-time jams, patterns or queues to SoundCloud, Audio Copy, E-mail or iTunes
• Open In… export option to open recordings in apps like Dropbox
• Import of sounds via iTunes file sharing or Audio Paste
• Audiobus support
• Inter-App Audio: use triqtraq as a generator in Inter-App Audio compatible hosts
• Background Audio option in the App Settings menu
• User manual included
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.