VST Connect Performer for iPad offers absolute freedom when it comes to remote recording collaborations with producers and musicians. Connect your iPad to the Web, hook up your mic or instrument and allow any studio running Cubase with the VST Connect plug-in record your performance in real time, no matter where you are.
And it just gets better: with VST Connect Pro on the host machine VST Connect Performer for iPad excels in audio quality as well as providing multi-channel and LAN support. And with onboard cue mix capability for talkback and monitoring, it’s just like in a typical recording studio environment, but that’s probably as representative as it’ll get: you could be anywhere besides the studio.
Language versions and support
The manual is localized in the following languages:
VST Connect Performer for iPad requires VST Connect SE or VST Connect Pro as a counterpart.
VST Connect SE is included in
• Cubase 7
• Cubase 7.5
• Nuendo 6
• Nuendo 6.5
VST Connect Performer for iPad support requires iOS 7
Rock solid standard
Major stadium-touring acts use Lemur on stage. The original hardware version was introduced to the public in 2004 and Lemur software now benefits from nearly 10 years of development. These are just two of the reasons Lemur is the name cited when talking about multitouch control.
Lemur is a professional iOS controller app that doesn’t cut any corners. It lets you control anything, any way you want. Total flexibility means it can go as deep as you need it to. Lemur can control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more. In fact, any software or hardware that can be controlled by MIDI/OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
A controller unequalled
Lemur has often been imitated but never equalled. The physics engine, which can make faders and balls bounce, is entirely unique: allowing anything from a slight organic feel to absolutely chaotic modulations. Lemur goes deep: it comes with more than twice as many objects as comparable apps. Options for adjusting the look and feel of objects are vast, and connection to your gear is simple.
Access templates from top artists and the Lemur community. Some of these are actual templates used on stage, others are pure studio or creative tools. Share your own or simply browse the library and download whatever suits your needs. Liine has a Lemur community user library online. Sign up, tag, and trade Lemur templates. http://liine.net/en/community/user-library
Hated physics at school? Now you’ll love it! The behaviour of many Lemur objects can be affected by powerful and easy to use physical models which can make your controller bounce, rebound and oscillate. Make your controller come alive.
There’s absolutely no need to dive into scripting if you don’t want to. But if you’re the type who likes to get their hands dirty then there’s a powerful scripting engine inside Lemur. Harnessing this power will allow you to build extremely dynamic templates.
The Lemur editor, is a cross-platform (OS X/Windows) interface builder. It allows you to create new Lemur templates or edit existing ones. The drag & drop interface makes it easy to use. It allows you to create anything from the simplest set of faders to the most complex groovebox with no hassle.
Simply connect your iPad/iPhone to your laptop over Wi-Fi and make the connection! Lemur also supports CoreMIDI allowing you to use hardware interfaces such as Alesis’ iO Dock or the iConnectMIDI or class-compliant USB MIDI interfaces (with a camera connection kit). You can even control up to 8 computers from one iPad with Lemur!
eyoControl is a set of MIDI controllers for the iPad to work with your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software or MIDI instrument, as a control surface or a virtual instrument/controller.
eyoControl includes the following controllers:
– Surface: a control surface with traditional Mixer View with per-track buttons/knobs/faders, and a Panel View with quick access to the status of 64 tracks. Supports major DAW software such as Logic, Cubase… (read details about DAW support at http://eyosido.com/eyocontrol/surface).
– Transport: a simple Transport Bar including a large Timecode display, large control buttons and scrub wheel to operate basic play/record operations with your DAW/recorder software.
– Pad: a 4/6/8/12-pads MIDI controller with tap-location sensitive (controls MIDI note velocity) pads suitable to play drum parts. Each pad has a configurable color/MIDI channel/note. A global velocity slider adds up to the velocity control of each pad.
– Keys: a dual keyboard MIDI controller with separate MIDI channels assignable per keyboard. Choose among three key widths per keyboard, and customize key colors. A global velocity slider controls note velocity.
– mXY: a multi X/Y controller featuring four independent, highly configurable X/Y controllers. Choose assignments among 55 MIDI Continuous Controllers or Pitch Bend. Each axis can be swapped, muted, reversed, mirrored… X/Y controllers can also be merged in a single coordinate system to create special effects when moving altogether.
eyoControl communicates with your DAW through the iPad’s WIFI connection using either the native iPad wireless MIDI capabilities (CoreMIDI) or eyoControl Server (OS X only) for advanced connectivity options. Using a CoreMIDI compatible MIDI interface for the iPad or equivalent, you can connect your iPad to the MIDI ports of your synthesizer and take advantage of mXY, Pad or Keys to control the sounds of your synth. (no DAW or WIFI required in this configuration).
eyoControl supports Accessibility/VoiceOver.
NOTE: eyoControl is a set of MIDI controllers, it does not produce sound by itself!
– iPad running iOS 4.2 or above.
– a local WIFI connection or a CoreMIDI compatible MIDI interface for iPad or equivalent.
– a laptop/desktop computer running either OS X 10.4 or above, or Windows XP/Vista/7 (rtpMIDI required when using Windows) or other system compatible with the iPad wireless MIDI protocol.
– a Digital Audio Workstation software / audio sequencer with MIDI support or a MIDI instrument.
Testing out the iTeleport app on my iPad for the first time. Just using it as a basic remote control for Cubase. There will be more extensive videos soon
You can use iTeleport as a touchscreen remote to control ANY of your music programs via WiFi.
Get iTeleport here
If all you’re looking for are basic transport controls Steinberg released a transport control for Cubase called the iCh.
Dual Time Position Displays
Job Band and Project Time Sliders
Go to Zero
Go to Previous Marker
Go To Next Marker
Cycle (Repeat) On/Off
To Use this iPhone App, there is a Computer side client you must install, but it’s readily available from Steinberg on their Cubase iC Page.
Control Steinberg Cubase remotely with your iPhone or iPod Touch. iPad version coming soon. Sadly it is only for Cubase 5 and I am a proud owner of version 4. Guess I’ll have to look into upgrade options. Upgrade is going to cost $199 from 4 to 5.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.