In 2008 I was producing loop kits for an iPhone app called Looptastic. Almost 10 years later I’m producing for Retronyms. Funny how the basic technology is the same. Both Looptastic and Hook read ACIDization meta and do stretching. Back then Looptastic was the only app doing this before GarageBand for iOS. In 1998 I worked at a company called Sonic Foundry editing their loops for Acid Pro. As much as I’d like to escape the loop biz it keeps sucking me back in lol. Anyway excited to announce my latest pack Deep EDM now available in the AudioCopy content store!
GarageBand (free) turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
You might enjoy this throw back video featuring Xander Soren as keynote speaker
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
Get Garageband FREE
Folks know I love Patterning as most people do. It’s such a wicked drum sequencing app. I’m currently beta testing a new feature that allows users to share their drum kits and patterns via the cloud. I’ve shared my Tempest Industrial kit which is a set I made on a Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine. The following is a video demonstration for my Industrial kit. I made this video a while back before the cloud kit feature was added.
Those who know me know I’ve been involved in iOS music content production since the old Looptastic on a 1st gen iPhone and I got my start producing loops back in 1998 when I worked at Sonic Foundry editing for Acid Pro.
Get the full package of MIDI sender and effect apps for Audiobus 3. Modify MIDI data coming from other apps or external MIDI devices to create interesting effects and take your performances to a new level.
+ Play multiple synth apps at the same time
+ Control effects with the motion of the device
+ Split your keyboard to play multiple sounds
+ Filter and remap note velocities
+ Remap notes to a scale or eliminate wrong notes
+ Randomize notes and timing
+ Transpose notes (*)
+ Monitor MIDI data (*)
(*) Make sure to get the free apps ‘Midiflow Transposer’ and ‘Midiflow Monitor’ to make your set complete.
MIDIFLOW KEYBOARD allows you to perform music with multiple synth apps at the same time. Use the piano or scale layout to play single notes, and select the chord keyboard for accompaniments.
MIDIFLOW MOTION lets you control effect parameters of other apps – in a way that no touch screen can replace – by moving the device. Set any kind of MIDI command like volume or modulation as output and fine-tune it to the exact motion range you want to perform with. You can even control multiple effects simultaneously.
MIDIFLOW SPLITTER lets you create split and layer configurations in an easy but powerful way. If you play your synth apps with an external keyboard, it is an essential tool for you. Thanks to Audiobus State Saving, everything can be saved and recalled when your show is about to start.
MIDIFLOW LIMITER is a filter and remapper for note velocities. Filter out notes that are too loud or too quiet, or remap them to different values. Use multiple instances to create velocity layers, which trigger different sounds based on the notes’ velocity.
MIDIFLOW SCALES lets you filter out unwanted notes or remap them to a scale. Thin out tracks from a sequencer to create a reduced variation. Prevent wrong notes when playing on a keyboard. Generate harmonies by using the app in combination with Midiflow Transposer.
MIDIFLOW RANDOMIZER can be used to add a human touch to note sequences or to find inspiration. Randomize notes, note velocities, and timing just by specifying a desired range of variations. With the help of Midiflow Scales, you can keep your randomized notes in harmony.
MIDIFLOW TRANSPOSER lets you shift notes by octaves and half-tones. This is useful if you want play an external keyboard in a different tone. You can also use it to create harmonies, i.e. create a second voice in an interval.
MIDIFLOW MONITOR shows you what MIDI is doing in your Audiobus setup. Just add it into one or more MIDI effect ports and the app will print what is going through. This can help you find problems or just understand how MIDI works.
Get Midiflow For Audiobus 3 (6 Apps in This Bundle) $8.99
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.