Acid Techno is easy with Troublemaker by Bram Bos. A TB-303 inspired audio unit synthesizer with step sequencer. In this video I will 1) Show you how to create a pattern in Troublemaker and export the midi into Cubasis 2) Use Troublemaker in Cubasis as an audio unit 3) Run Troublemaker through Squashit multi band distortion. I hope you enjoy it! PS – 600 subscribers!! Thank you for the support over the years.
The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you’re after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
It also has the wow.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
– Ableton Link synchronization,
– MIDI CC mapping,
– Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
– Audiobus support
– Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar 😉
Dj App Roundup and Review – In this video we’ll have a look at Traktor DJ, Cross DJ, EDjing, WeDJ, and Pacemaker. We feel these are the top leading iPad Dj apps on the market. Please let us know if you can think of something we missed.
– Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
– Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
– Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
– Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
– Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
– Ingenious use of iPhone’s compact screen real estate – swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
– Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
– Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
– Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
– 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
– Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
– Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
– Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
– External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
– Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
– Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
– Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Traktor Dj iPad and iPhone
• Accurate BPM detection of your music, down to the last decimal
• Stable sync: one-press & the 2 tracks never go out of phase
• Quantize mode: hot cues & loops are automatically set on the beat
• Customizable, manual pitch range (4 to 100%)
• Progressive, manual pitch bend
• Split audio: pre-listen tracks in your headphones before mixing them (In-App Purchase)
• Automix: Cross DJ mixes your tracks & play music automatically, from any sources (playlist, album, etc.)
/// OUTSTANDING AUDIO PERFORMANCE
• Realistic scratch sound – as on real turntables
• Audio FX: Hi & Low-Pass, Echo, Delay, Flanger, Chopper, Roll, Phaser, Brake & much more (In-App Purchase)
• Loops (16 to 1/32), slip loops, 16 large hot-cues pads
• Sampler: 72 samples, synced to the main player (In-App Purchase)
• Record your mix & share it to SoundCloud, Facebook & Twitter (In-App Purchase)
• Keylock mode: change BPM without affecting the tone (In-App Purchase)
• Key detection: detect the key of the songs and know which tracks sound good together
• Autogain : automatically equalizes the levels of 2 tracks + Autosync
• External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers
• MIDI controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO1&2, Mixvibes U-Mix Control Pro I & II, Numark Mixtrack Pro I & II, Numark iDJ Live I & II, Hercules DJ Console RMX 2, Hercules DJ Control Instinct, Hercules DJ Control AIR, Vestax Spin2
• Multichannel audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
/// INTUITIVE INTERFACE
• Industry standard DJ setup: 2 decks, crossfader, Cue/Play/Sync buttons
• 3-band mixer with DJM EQ preset
• iTunes integration: sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• Mix SoundCloud: your SC account, in Cross DJ, for free. Fast loading of tracks
• Sort your music library by title, artist, album, BPM or length
• Play MP3, AAC, WAV & AIFF
• Separate tabs: swipe to display different panels on each side
• Portrait mode: big single player
• Change each deck’s color: blue, orange, red, yellow, green, purple, pink
• Large pads & controls
/// IN-APP PURCHASES
• Record & Share: HQ live recording of your mixes + share
• Automix: let Cross DJ mix your tracks automatically
• Advanced audio: split audio + external mixer + sound card output
• Essential effects: Hi-Pass, Low-Pass, Delay
• Beat effects: Transform, Brake, Roll, Chopper
• Morph effects: Phaser, X-Phaser, Jet, Crush, Bliss
• Sampler: 8 (iPhone) to 12 pads (iPad), 72 samples
• Harmonic mixing: keylock & key detection
• Value Pack: unlock all features
Cross Dj iPad and iPhone
– iTunes music library (including iTunes shared files)
– Deezer integration (requires a Premium account)
– Soundcloud integration
– DJ dedicated section “My sets” to retrieve your playlists (sets) and recorded mixes
– smart search feature that displays results for all your musical sources
– library analyze to save the BPM of all your local tracks
– queue system to prepare your upcoming songs
– advanced sorting: browse your tracks by alphabetical order, BPM, or Time
– dedicated iPad design: displays the music library, the queue AND the turntables to avoid switching screens when mixing.
A MAJOR FEATURE: THE SAMPLER
– access 16 free samples: siren, gunshot, kick, snare…
– possibility to link the sampler to the crossfader
– access 20+ sample packs created by Pro DJs
ALL THE MUST-HAVE DJ TOOLS
– automatic BPM detection
– manual adjustment of the BPM of your tracks with the Tap BPM
– continuous sync between your two tracks
– little audio spectrum to navigate in your music
– wide audio spectrum for optimised beat detection
– pro audio FX: Echo, Flanger, Reverse, Filter
– audio FX expansion (in-app purchase): Roll, Roll Filter, Steel, Gate, Double Beat, Phaser, Color Noise, Beatgrid, Band pass, Band stop, Reverb
– loops: from 1/64 to 128, or customizable through ‘in’ and ‘out’ points
– cue point on the main interface
– set up to 8 Hot Cues on each deck
– automated audio FX sync on the BPM (loop, cue, seek)
– EQ three bands and Gain
– Smart Volume that automatically adjusts the volume and gain of the two tracks playing
– pitch control and key lock (to change the tempo without affecting the tone of your track)
– Pre-cueing with headphones (in-app purchase)
– Automix: let edjing play your tracks and do seamless transitions on its own
– ultra precise scratch
– a ‘Slip’ mode for Loops and Scratch
– HD recording of your mixes in .aiff format
– possibility to set the vinyl inertia, and the starting speed of the vinyl
– choose your crossfader curve
– 4 skins to customize your turntables (in-app purchase): Diamond, Gold, Neon, Metal
DESIGNED BY PRO DJs
– intuitive interface with direct and quick access to all the essential features
– apply two audio FX at the same time on each deck
– reorder the FX lists to customize the panel as it suits you best
HARDWARE INTEGRATION – MORE POSSIBILITIES
– control edjing with the world’s first wireless crossfader: Mixfader
– compatible with your timecoded and standard audio vinyls
– MIDI support
MIX FROM YOUR APPLE WATCH
– access all the key information of your set
– access the BPM of your tracks and sync them
– control 4 DJ effects
– start your transitions
EDjing for iPad and iPhone
◇Colourful animated user interface for intuitive control
◇Performance features for endless creativity
◇“DDJ-WeGO4” and “DDJ-WeGO3” support for tactile control
◇Flexible layout – Choose the layout you like best, with two options for jog wheel position and displaying waveforms horizontally or vertically.
◇Automix – Press the Automix button and WeDJ will start mixing in the next track automatically.
◇Record – Capture your performances within the WeDJ app.
WeDJ iPhone and iPad
– Make it personal! Pacemaker’s AI DJ technology helps you find tracks that match and make perfect transitions between them.
– Your mixtape, your rules! Push the “Mix now” lightning button to instantly mix in the next track. Ta-daa!
– When ready, be generous! Share your mixtape, so others can enjoy it too.
– Follow users who create mixtapes just the way you like it.
– Hot hot hot! Discover the most popular mixtapes in the Hot List!
– Show some love and like your favourites to save them for later.
– Comment and share your opinion if a mixtape impressed you!
– Remix if you feel like someone else’s mixtape could use some pick-me-up!
– Being a killjoy is impossible! Seamlessly jump to any part of a track, and it will keep playing in sync with the beat.
– Pimp it up! Blast your mixtape to the next level with a full range of colorful live effects.
Pacemaker for Apple Watch – One-touch-mixing magic!
Add live effects and mix in new tracks directly from your wrist.
– Be social on the move! Enjoy your Mixtape Home Feed and keep track of the number of plays and likes on your friends’ mixtapes.
– Quickly get the next track into the mix! Just tap it and Pacemaker will move to the next mix moment.
– Rule the party from your wrist! Pacemaker for Apple Watch comes with our most popular effects, ChopChop, Whitenoise, 8-Bit and Hi-Lo! – for free!
Pacemaker for iPad – The complete live DJ tool with the epic Autopilot™ feature.
– Hit sync and with a full set of colorful effects and a crossfader, you have unlimited creative influence over the music you love!
– What to play next? Pacemaker’s track selection assistant Match Machine™ finds tracks that match perfectly with the ones currently playing.
– Need a break? Activate Autopilot™ – your personal DJ that automagically mixes music for you.
In-App purchases for iPhone and iPad:
Whitenoise – SwooooOOOSH! The powerful build up effect that gives you a dramatic and perfectly timed drop, every time.
8-Bit – The bit crusher that makes your track sound like a retro video game.
ChopChop – Slice up a track for a stuttering effect and build up tension before the big drop.
Hi-Lo – Remove the high or low frequencies from your tracks to create a swooping sound effect.
Reverb – Make the track sound as if it’s being played in a small hut or the largest of cathedrals.
(iPad) Echo – Echo echo… Is there anybody out there?
(iPad) Roll – Create a loop that spins on top of a track.
(iPad) Loop – Create synchronised loops on the fly; split or double, exit and re-loop. Also included is the exclusive Pacemaker Loop Travel.
(iPad) Beatskip – Skip a pre-determined number of beats forwards or backwards to create stutter in your sound.
Pacemaker iPad and iPhone
Powerful DJ Interface
• Jog Wheels
• Four Decks
• Landscape & Portrait Modes
• Instant access to over 20 million songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations
• Instant access to BPM and Key information through the cloud
• On-the-fly playlist export and song saving
• Powerful audio streaming technology: ultra-low latency, up to 320 kbps
• Video library with pre-bundled content
• Video mixing and scratching
• Music Visualizers
• Visual FX
• Title & image overlays
• A/V recording
• Support for external displays and Airplay
Four Deck Mixing
• Horizontal / vertical layouts
• Spotify + iTunes
• Video library
• History and Queue
• Instant preview
• Light / dark mode
• Expanded mode
• Horizontal / vertical
• Two deck / four deck
• Variable zoom level
• Live sampling and preset editing
• Pre-bundled content by Loopmasters
• Pre-bundled samples by DJQbert
• Live Audio Recording
• Live Video Recording
• Automatic, beat-matched mixes
• Queue and Playlist automation
• Automatic transitions
• Automix Radio powered by The Echo Nest
• Over 30 state-of-the-art audio effects powered by Sugar Bytes (available via In-App Purchase)
• Up to three chain-able audio effects per deck
• XY-Pad and Instant FX
• Advanced time-stretching (up to +- 75%)
• Pitch shifting (up to +- 1 octave)
• Audio mixing with adjustable crossfader curves
• EQ, panning, and highpass/lowpass filtering
• Audio Limiter
• BPM and beat detection
• Flexible beat grids with support for dynamic tempo
• Frequency-based colored waveforms
• Key detection
• Auto-gain / Normalize
• Multi-core batch analysis
• Native support for DJ controllers including Reloop Mixon4, Reloop Beatpad, Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, Numark Mixdeck Quad
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces
Optimized for iPhone and iOS 10
• Haptic feedback
• 3D Touch
• Apple Watch integration
• AirPlay integration
• Full HD video capture and rendering (1080p)
• Support for 4K videos
• iPhone camera integration
• iCloud integration: syncs cue points, grid edits, and metadata with iOS and Mac versions of djay
Electro-Harmonix, a pioneer since 1968 in the field of sound effects pedals for musicians, has produced an app which is a faithful digital re-creation of their circa 1980 analog cult-classic, The MINI-SYNTHESIZER.
Available for iPad and iPhone (IOS version 8.0 or later), the EHX MINI-SYNTHESIZER accurately delivers all the vintage synth sounds of the original plus modern updates.
EHX President and Founder, Mike Matthews stated: “Fans of vintage synths will appreciate the apps ability to recreate the original’s warm analog sounds and deep funky bass, but because it’s so affordable ($2.99 for phone, $4.99 for tablet) and user-friendly, parents, educators and non-musicians will love it, too.”
The MINI-SYNTHESIZER app comes with 25 presets and the ability to store an almost unlimited number of user presets programs. Audiobus and inter-app audio capabilities are included as well as Aftertouch for iPhone 6s, 6s Plus.
Intuitive, flexible and powerful control are provided by the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s 12 sliders and nine switches. Here’s a breakdown of the user interface:
– PITCH slider lets the player raise or lower the pitch of the note by +/- 1 octave
– SUB-OCTAVE slider introduces a note one octave below what’s being played for extra bottom
– OCTAVE UP switch causes the note being played to jump up one octave.
– TUNE knob lets the player tune the MINI-SYNTHESIZER to other instruments and sound sources over a +/- 50 cents range.
– PHASE RATE slider adjusts the speed of the phase shifter
– FILTER START sets the start frequency of the filter sweep
– FILTER STOP sets the stop frequency of the filter sweep
– SWEEP RATE controls the speed of the filter sweep
– PHASE switch turns the effect on/off
– 2X FILTER switch changes how the audio passes through the filters (either in parallel or in series)
– Q switch sets the amount of resonance on the filter sweep
– RETRIGGER switch turns the filter retrigger on/off
– TIME slider adjusts the delay time up to two seconds
– FEEDBACK controls the number of echo repeats
– BLEND adjusts the mix of the original signal and the echo repeats
– DELAY switch turns the effect on/off
– AMOUNT slider adjusts the reverb effect level
– BLEND slider controls the mix of the wet and dry signals
– REVERB switch turns reverb on/off
– REVERB>DELAY switch lets the user place either Delay or Reverb first in the effects chain for a variety of cool sound effects.
– VOL (Volume) slider adjusts the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s overall sound output level
– POLY/MONO switch toggles between polyphonic (four notes can be played simultaneously) or monophonic (only one note can be played at a time) modes
– PRESETS pop-down menu displays the presets available and allows the user to instantly select one
– HORIZONTAL slider lets the player adjust the keyboards sounding range over an expansive eight-octave range.
– RIBBON Interface lets the player perform portamento (glide up or down to pitch), vibrato and other expressive playing.
The easy-to-use Electro-Harmonix MINI-SYNTHESIZER App is loaded with great sounds and features and is sure to appeal to serious musicians and non-musicians alike.
– There is a known issue with old iPad and iPhone devices (pre-2012) and the emulation will cause a CPU overload.
– For iPad 2nd gen, iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad mini 1, mini 2, mini 3, and iPad Air, polyphonic mode limits to 3 voices instead of 4 voices for Holy Grail REVERSE reverb.
DOWNLOADING iPHONE VERSION ON iPAD
– The iPhone version is not meant to perform optimally on the iPad. Be aware that if you download the iPhone version on the iPad you are more prone to glitches and crashes than having the iPad version on the iPad.
Electro-Harmonix Web SiteMini Synthesizer for iPhone Support
What’s New in Version 1.1.0
– MIDI Input and Output Functionality Implemented/Improved
– MIDI Aftertouch Issues Fixed
– Preset File Sharing
Today we’re going to have a look at an app called Band Creator by Wojciech Janiszewski. Band Creator is a simple drum and bass accompaniment app for iOS. You can play live into it using a microphone or an instrument on the input slot in Audiobus. I chose to put Audiobus to the test. I’m using an app called Real Guitar as an input device and it’s going to Band Creator as in the output slot.
It took Band Creator a few tries to get the rhythmic timing right. I found using an external metronome helped but still even with the metronome and simple spot on playing it had a tough time. It could be something to do with Real Guitar who knows. Perhaps I’ll do another demo using the microphone input and an acoustic guitar. I chose Audiobus this time because this is a new feature for the app and there wasn’t anything online demoing it. We did finally get it right though as you see in this demo. It would be nice to have a metronome built into Band Creator. I had to use an external one. The tempo it guessed was a little slow but it was close enough. Also there is no stop and start from the beginning button just play and pause and you can’t edit the chords or timing once recorded. The sounds are really basic. Would be nice to have access to higher quality realistic sounds.
What’s New in Version 2.3
* Audiobus integration
Band Creator is now compatible with Audiobus, an app that lets you to connect your audio apps! You’ll be able to use generated backing tracks as an input for other apps. Also, you can use another app sound as an input for Band Creator.
* Create Any Backing Track You Can Imagine
Jam to the exact backing track you want. To create tracks we use quality samples that were recorded using real instruments.
* Over 40 Different Styles
Band Creator accompaniments you using different styles: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Folk and R&B. Each genre has up to 10 different styles you can play to. Choose the one that inspires you and unleash your creativity!
* Multiple Controls
You can adjust volume separately for each instrument and control the master volume. You can change the tempo and even alternate it to play in double time!
* Practice and Songwriting
Band Creator has 3 banks for each session. You can record different song parts (verse, chorus and bridge) and change it automatically in the right moment.
* Audiobus integration
Band Creator is compatible with Audiobus, an app that lets you to connect your audio apps! You can use generated backing tracks as an input for other apps. Also, you can use another app sound as an input for Band Creator.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.