Built for Live performance and hands free use, Quantiloop recreates the simplicity of a hardware loop pedal in an iOS app. Attach a MIDI foot controller and control it the way you want. No MIDI controller at hand; just preset your loop length, enable auto–record or a count–in and your loops will automatically close, no hands or feet required. Big onscreen controls allow for easy configuration and tactile control by vocalists or beat boxers. Focus on your performance instead of fiddling with dip switches or complex menu’s.
New in Version 1.1
This update improves on the MIDI control capabilities, by adding MIDI note message support and several additional MIDI control actions, enabling workflow emulation similar to virtually any hardware loop pedal. Additionally individual stereo panning controls for each track have been added.
Create two tracks with endless layers of overdubs to build your performance. Record a Chorus and Verse in each track and switch between them seamlessly, or create a 1 bar percussie loop on track one, a 4 bar chord progression on track two and layer a bass line on top, all in perfect synchronisation.
The builtin rhythm guide provides a rhythmic backing. Use the internal metronome for practice, import drum loops from virtually anywhere or host and control your favourite rhythm apps to enhance your performance. Ableton Link you lets you even play in time with external apps and devices. Quantisation aligns your actions to the nearest measure or beat so you stay in time, and real-time tempo control sets the pace. Prefer setting your own pace, disable quantisation and Quantiloop will react to your actions with minimum latency to create tight synchronised recordings.
• Free, Synced and Serial Playing Styles
• Multiple Quantise Modes
• Multiple Stop Modes
• Adjustable Fade Out
• Unlimited Overdubs
• Overdub Decay
• Undo / Redo
• Auto Record
• High quality stereo audio
• Clear loop status display
• Rhythm guide with optional auto-start, auto-stop and count-in
• Audible and Visual Metronome
• Send start, stop and host sync to hosted rhythm apps.
• Sync to host when embedded in an Inter-App-Audio host
• Real-time Tempo Control
• Extensive MIDI control
• Multiple Assignments per MIDI controller (tap, hold, double tap)
• Support for Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio
• Individual outputs for each track and rhythm
• Synchronise to other apps and devices with Ableton Link
• MIDI clock sync
• Cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare …) import / export
• Store Phrase Presets in unlimited banks with 32 presets each
• Individual Volume and panning controls for each track
MidiBridge is the comprehensive MIDI tool that iOS is missing and absolutely essential for anyone using MIDI with an iDevice. It MIDI Routing For iOS.
A backgroundable virtual MIDI patchbay/router/manipulator that interconnects all MIDI interfaces (external, virtual and network) on an iOS device at a fraction of the cost of equivalent hardware.
– Connect any MIDI in to any MIDI out (including merge and clone)
– Add full CoreMIDI compatibility to Synthstation 25 and Midi Mobilizer I
– Go wireless between any iDevice or connect to Mac or PC
– Interconnect just about any CoreMIDI virtual app
– Apply keyboard splits, velocity curves and other useful MIDI functions on any MIDI port
MIDI DEVICE SUPPORT
– All CoreMIDI physical devices
– Akai Synthstation 25
– Line6 Midi Mobilizer I
– CoreMIDI network (as a session originator or receiver to/from Mac or PC)
– CoreMIDI virtual ports (to/from other apps)
– Runs in background
– Visual indication of connections, MIDI events received/sent/blocked and CoreMIDI network
– Full OMAC music app fast-switch support
– Support for H-Pi microtonal keyboards, including U-PLEX via USB
– Block/allow event filtering by type (Note/Program/Controller/Sysex/Aftertouch/TimeSong) and MIDI channel
– Initiates CoreMIDI network connections from iDevice
– Save/recall module presets
– Keeps track of MIDI interfaces and restores connections/modules automatically
– Streamlined efficient code passes/filters events very quickly
*NEW* – EVENT MANIPULATION (on every MIDI port)
– Velocity curve
– Keyboard range split
– Note remap
– Note transpose
– Velocity split
– Channel remap
– Controller remap
– Drive most CoreMIDI apps (eg. Animoog, GarageBand, SampleTank, BeatMaker) from a Synthstation 25 or original Midi Mobilizer
– Connect Geo synth to SampleTank (see Jordan Rudess on youtube)
– Filter out active sense messages from instruments
– With a powered hub and Apple CCK, connect multiple USB class compliant MIDI devices and route between them
– Connect your battery operated keyboard/drum controller (or SynthStation) to your iDevice and connect wirelessly to perform cable-free
– Connect a MIDI transport surface wirelessly to your computer and move around your studio controlling your DAW transport
– Duplicate MIDI events from one external device to another and to a remote MIDI destination wirelessly at the same time
– Use as an inline MIDI filter, cloner, merger or splitter
– Connect apps that have CoreMIDI network support but no virtual MIDI support to virtual ports by connecting to ‘localhost’ to create a loopback virtual interface (see our website)
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.