From the dev “Blocs Wave is a music creation app designed to inspire new musical ideas. Easily combine original professional sounds across a wide array of genres. Tweak your sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms, and make your ideas even more unique. Record your vocals and instruments, and bring your ideas to life within minutes.”
My review: This app costs $4.99 and it comes with some loops. It’s an 8 track recorder/looping app and a loop mixing app. You can record into it and you can import your own loops. In this version you can NOT export a mix of loops as one sound file (maybe I missed something?). You are limited to exporting each of the eight possible loop pads individually. There are a ton of features found in other apps like GarageBand for example that are just not included in this app. I feel they rushed it out to test the waters. Sadly for the money it is just not worth it. I would get something like GarageBand which is loaded with valuable features for the same price. BUT if you’re looking to burn five bucks for a simple easy to use 8 track loop recorder/mixer then this might be for you. Keep in mind there is not a way to sequence the loops and record the sequence. It’s basically a manual track on track off type situation aka mute and unmute. There is no mixer page so to adjust the volume of a loop you have to click on it which means you can’t adjust multiple loops simultaneously. There are no effects and no sync options. You can not import a whole folder of loops just one by one. There is no user folder for imported loops. You have to import them individually each time. You CAN’T share your loop kits as one container file with a project again they have to be exported individually. No inter app audio support and does not support audio input from audiobus. Wow they just plopped a really simple basic no frills app down on us and want five bucks for it.
Get it now at a special introductory price.
• Start new music – Quickly tap sounds to combine and make new original musical ideas.
• Make every sound unique – Tweak sounds using beautiful touchable waveforms.
• Record new sounds – Effortlessly capture your own sounds, vocals and instruments.
• Explore and combine your sounds from a huge library – Explore amazing sounds across genres from EDM to dubstep, indie to songwriting and tons more.
• Expand your collection – Download even more sounds from an ever expanding pro library
• Real-time stretch – Change bpm while playing, and blocs will adapt.
• Record with Low-Latency
• Export & Import – Bring in your own sounds from other apps, or export to them.
• Key aware – All library sounds are ‘key aware’ and can stay in-key.
• Works well with others – Audiobus, AudioCopy, AudioShare, and hardware input and outputs supported.
Compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Pro
Supports iOS 8 and iOS 9.