Here’s some exciting news for Seaboard RISE users! Wizdom Music’s award-winning GeoShred instrument for iPad is now fully compatible with the RISE. The factory presets all support 5D Touch and can also be modulated with the XY Pad and and the three Touch Faders which are mapped to GeoShred’s control surface.
GeoShred, winner of a 2017 Electronic Musician Editor’s Choice Award as “one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months”, has been enhanced with unprecedented MIDI/MPE I/O control, new effects, and additional model control parameters.
GeoShred is highly expressive when being controlled by instruments like the RISE that use the “MPE” MIDI specification. It’s a fusion of Wizdom Music’s Geo Synthesizer user interface (Jordan Rudess), and moForte’s powerful, modeled guitar and effects chain based on the next generation Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA.
With GeoShred’s physical modeling synthesis, you can achieve realistic guitar sounds that bend, stretch and manipulate the sound into endless possibilities. You can explore, edit and control the physics of a guitar model – including solid or hollow body, nylon or metal strings, pick position, harmonics and more.
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is an app for building your own customized MIDI controllers for iOS devices such as iPad and iPhone. You can choose from tons of preset templates for popular hardware devices and software DAWs OR create your own.
2016-12-20: 50% Off (for now)!
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the “Pedalboards Feature”
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It’s the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT’S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: “Trio” (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
These little adapters just might save your life. You can charge your iDevice while working on music with these handy adapter by Apple and Belkin.
Lightning to USB 3 with charging.
With the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, it’s easy to transfer photos and videos from your high-resolution digital camera to your iPad Pro. After you connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, your iPad Pro automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose photos and videos to import, then organizes them into albums.
Add even greater capability and versatility to your iPad Pro by powering the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter with a USB Power Adapter. Then you can connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces, and card readers for CompactFlash, SD, microSD, and more.
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter supports standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro transfers data at USB 3 speeds, while the 9.7-inch iPad Pro uses USB 2.
OR you might need two Lightning ports and no USB so there is also this Belkin adapter.
The Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar offers dual functionality for charging and listening to your iPhone or iPad. Whether you want to charge in the car, on the go, or at home, the adapter makes it possible to listen to Lightning Audio and power your iPhone, simultaneously.
12W pass-through charging powers up your iOS device at maximum speed. So whether you’re listening to music or watching videos, using audio navigation, or taking calls while you charge there’s nothing slowing you down.
The Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar supports Lightning Audio with up to 48 kHz, 24-bit audio output for clear conversations and flawless music playback.
There’s no need to remove your iPhone case to connect your Lightning Audio headphones or your charging cable, since the Lightning + Audio Charge RockStar works with most cases.
Listen to music and charge at the same time
Lightning Audio with up to 48 kHz, 24-bit audio output
Supports pass-through charging up to 12W for iPhone and iPad
Compatible with Lightning Audio headphones
Supports remote and mic control
Compatible with Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
Requires iOS 10 or later
Folks trying to connect their iPad pro 12.9 to a Focusrite iTrack Dock might notice that the iPad just won’t fit. No worries! Get your self a nice extension cable like the one shown here. The problem is the adjustable connector on the iTrack Dock does not move up high enough to accommodate the iPad Pro size. This lightning extension cable (6 foot, Black) is for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6 / 6S / SE / iPad Pro, and all Lightning Accessories; Pass video, data, and audio through male to female 8-pin cable.
You can purchase this one from Amazon here on this link
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.