Acid Techno is easy with Troublemaker by Bram Bos. A TB-303 inspired audio unit synthesizer with step sequencer. In this video I will 1) Show you how to create a pattern in Troublemaker and export the midi into Cubasis 2) Use Troublemaker in Cubasis as an audio unit 3) Run Troublemaker through Squashit multi band distortion. I hope you enjoy it! PS – 600 subscribers!! Thank you for the support over the years.
The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you’re after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
It also has the wow.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
– Ableton Link synchronization,
– MIDI CC mapping,
– Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
– Audiobus support
– Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar 😉
Now you can export your iOS music ideas straight to a Live Set as an ALS project file. Several apps already support this feature. In this example we will use Korg Gadget. You can see I was able to export each track from Gadget as audio loops. The different patterns are exported as well as “scenes” in Ableton Live.
About Live Set Export: Ableton Live Set Export is a library that allows an application to write Ableton Live project files. The library handles generation of the ALS document, but also creates the project folder structure and copies any associated audio resources to the project. The library provides an Objective-C wrapper for iOS development.
The library only contains functionality for generating Ableton Live projects. It does not support reading or parsing Live Sets or other Ableton-generated files. This library also does not handle transmitting the project data from an iOS device to Live, or any other network operations. Ableton will provide separate UX guidelines to advise on how the library can best be integrated in your app.
I was able to export my Gadget song to Live in just 5 simple steps.
Step 1 (click image to see larger) Open your Gadget project.
Step 2 (click image to see larger) Select Export/Ableton Live Project.
Step 3 (click image to see larger) Connect to Dropbox.
Step 4 (click image to see larger) Confirm and download the folder from Dropbox to Live folder.
Step 5 (click image to see larger) Open the ALS project in Live.
Dan Rosenstark from MusicIO shows us how to sync an iPad (and the app iMaschine 2) to Ableton Live using the MusicIO app and a lightning cable. This is a hard-wired option that streams Audio and MIDI over USB between your iOS device and your Desktop DAW. The app is designed for the Mac, but also works with most Windows DAWs. One easy-to-use, professional app. Easily send audio from your iOS device to your desktop DAW using USB; musicIO lets you integrate Inter-App Audio compatible iOS synthesizers with a traditional desktop DAW system. MIDI is built in to musicIO too; everything you need, all in once place. It’s simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
• Low latency audio from iOS to your desktop DAW, with crystal-clear 32-bit resolution. Native support for IAA allows for the best possible audio quality, and seamless integration with iOS synthesizers and effects apps
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose “send to” ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose “receive from” (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• musicIO is designed to work with iOS 7 or newer, OS X 10.7 or newer, and Windows Vista, 7, and 8. Audio is transferred in 32-bit stereo. The PC client currently handles a 44.1khz sample rate, while the Mac can handle all sample rates. Please check VST compatibility if you are using a PC DAW.
The following tutorial shows you how to achieve a pumping effect using sidechain compression in Cubasis and an inter app audio effect AUFX PUSH. Good for producing Future Bass pads with a ducking effect. *AUFX Push is by Kymatica. In the video I say it’s by AUFX which was a mistake.
highly tweakable stereo dynamics processor with noise gate, compressor/expander with external side-chain input, and limiter/clipper. From subtle compression, extreme pumping, to maximum loudness!
This app is part of the AUFX series, a collection of simple and powerful audio effect apps.
• High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
• Compressor/expander with optional lookahead buffer.
• Allows negative ratios for pumping/cancellation effects.
• Hard or soft knee with adjustable radius.
• Built-in side-chain low/high cut filters with monitor toggle.
• External side-chain input through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
• Built-in noise gate.
• Brick-wall lookahead limiter.
• Hard/soft clipper.
• Supports “parallell compression”.
• RMS/Peak envelope followers with attack, release and hold time.
• Switchable between Linear and Logarithmic mode.
• Automatic makeup gain.
• Stereo link on/off.
• Process hardware input/output, or other apps through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
• Save, load and share user presets.
• Supports Audiobus 2 state saving.
• Comes with several bundled presets.
• Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
• Background Audio.
• Record the result directly in app.
• Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
• Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
The following video tutorial will show you how to patch external synths (other iOS synthes and apps) through the Model 15 synthesizer by Moog using Audiobus. In this case you see the output source as Audiobus input and the Model 15 input as Audiobus output.
You might want to for example run an app through the Model 15 filter. This is how you can route the signal into Model 15 using Audiobus.
The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
Moog Model 15 Modular Synth For iOS
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.