Dj App Roundup and Review – In this video we’ll have a look at Traktor DJ, Cross DJ, EDjing, WeDJ, and Pacemaker. We feel these are the top leading iPad Dj apps on the market. Please let us know if you can think of something we missed.
– Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
– Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
– Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
– Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
– Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
– Ingenious use of iPhone’s compact screen real estate – swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
– Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
– Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
– Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
– 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
– Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
– Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
– Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
– External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
– Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
– Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
– Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Traktor Dj iPad and iPhone
• Accurate BPM detection of your music, down to the last decimal
• Stable sync: one-press & the 2 tracks never go out of phase
• Quantize mode: hot cues & loops are automatically set on the beat
• Customizable, manual pitch range (4 to 100%)
• Progressive, manual pitch bend
• Split audio: pre-listen tracks in your headphones before mixing them (In-App Purchase)
• Automix: Cross DJ mixes your tracks & play music automatically, from any sources (playlist, album, etc.)
/// OUTSTANDING AUDIO PERFORMANCE
• Realistic scratch sound – as on real turntables
• Audio FX: Hi & Low-Pass, Echo, Delay, Flanger, Chopper, Roll, Phaser, Brake & much more (In-App Purchase)
• Loops (16 to 1/32), slip loops, 16 large hot-cues pads
• Sampler: 72 samples, synced to the main player (In-App Purchase)
• Record your mix & share it to SoundCloud, Facebook & Twitter (In-App Purchase)
• Keylock mode: change BPM without affecting the tone (In-App Purchase)
• Key detection: detect the key of the songs and know which tracks sound good together
• Autogain : automatically equalizes the levels of 2 tracks + Autosync
• External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers
• MIDI controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO1&2, Mixvibes U-Mix Control Pro I & II, Numark Mixtrack Pro I & II, Numark iDJ Live I & II, Hercules DJ Console RMX 2, Hercules DJ Control Instinct, Hercules DJ Control AIR, Vestax Spin2
• Multichannel audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
/// INTUITIVE INTERFACE
• Industry standard DJ setup: 2 decks, crossfader, Cue/Play/Sync buttons
• 3-band mixer with DJM EQ preset
• iTunes integration: sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• Mix SoundCloud: your SC account, in Cross DJ, for free. Fast loading of tracks
• Sort your music library by title, artist, album, BPM or length
• Play MP3, AAC, WAV & AIFF
• Separate tabs: swipe to display different panels on each side
• Portrait mode: big single player
• Change each deck’s color: blue, orange, red, yellow, green, purple, pink
• Large pads & controls
/// IN-APP PURCHASES
• Record & Share: HQ live recording of your mixes + share
• Automix: let Cross DJ mix your tracks automatically
• Advanced audio: split audio + external mixer + sound card output
• Essential effects: Hi-Pass, Low-Pass, Delay
• Beat effects: Transform, Brake, Roll, Chopper
• Morph effects: Phaser, X-Phaser, Jet, Crush, Bliss
• Sampler: 8 (iPhone) to 12 pads (iPad), 72 samples
• Harmonic mixing: keylock & key detection
• Value Pack: unlock all features
Cross Dj iPad and iPhone
– iTunes music library (including iTunes shared files)
– Deezer integration (requires a Premium account)
– Soundcloud integration
– DJ dedicated section “My sets” to retrieve your playlists (sets) and recorded mixes
– smart search feature that displays results for all your musical sources
– library analyze to save the BPM of all your local tracks
– queue system to prepare your upcoming songs
– advanced sorting: browse your tracks by alphabetical order, BPM, or Time
– dedicated iPad design: displays the music library, the queue AND the turntables to avoid switching screens when mixing.
A MAJOR FEATURE: THE SAMPLER
– access 16 free samples: siren, gunshot, kick, snare…
– possibility to link the sampler to the crossfader
– access 20+ sample packs created by Pro DJs
ALL THE MUST-HAVE DJ TOOLS
– automatic BPM detection
– manual adjustment of the BPM of your tracks with the Tap BPM
– continuous sync between your two tracks
– little audio spectrum to navigate in your music
– wide audio spectrum for optimised beat detection
– pro audio FX: Echo, Flanger, Reverse, Filter
– audio FX expansion (in-app purchase): Roll, Roll Filter, Steel, Gate, Double Beat, Phaser, Color Noise, Beatgrid, Band pass, Band stop, Reverb
– loops: from 1/64 to 128, or customizable through ‘in’ and ‘out’ points
– cue point on the main interface
– set up to 8 Hot Cues on each deck
– automated audio FX sync on the BPM (loop, cue, seek)
– EQ three bands and Gain
– Smart Volume that automatically adjusts the volume and gain of the two tracks playing
– pitch control and key lock (to change the tempo without affecting the tone of your track)
– Pre-cueing with headphones (in-app purchase)
– Automix: let edjing play your tracks and do seamless transitions on its own
– ultra precise scratch
– a ‘Slip’ mode for Loops and Scratch
– HD recording of your mixes in .aiff format
– possibility to set the vinyl inertia, and the starting speed of the vinyl
– choose your crossfader curve
– 4 skins to customize your turntables (in-app purchase): Diamond, Gold, Neon, Metal
DESIGNED BY PRO DJs
– intuitive interface with direct and quick access to all the essential features
– apply two audio FX at the same time on each deck
– reorder the FX lists to customize the panel as it suits you best
HARDWARE INTEGRATION – MORE POSSIBILITIES
– control edjing with the world’s first wireless crossfader: Mixfader
– compatible with your timecoded and standard audio vinyls
– MIDI support
MIX FROM YOUR APPLE WATCH
– access all the key information of your set
– access the BPM of your tracks and sync them
– control 4 DJ effects
– start your transitions
EDjing for iPad and iPhone
◇Colourful animated user interface for intuitive control
◇Performance features for endless creativity
◇“DDJ-WeGO4” and “DDJ-WeGO3” support for tactile control
◇Flexible layout – Choose the layout you like best, with two options for jog wheel position and displaying waveforms horizontally or vertically.
◇Automix – Press the Automix button and WeDJ will start mixing in the next track automatically.
◇Record – Capture your performances within the WeDJ app.
WeDJ iPhone and iPad
– Make it personal! Pacemaker’s AI DJ technology helps you find tracks that match and make perfect transitions between them.
– Your mixtape, your rules! Push the “Mix now” lightning button to instantly mix in the next track. Ta-daa!
– When ready, be generous! Share your mixtape, so others can enjoy it too.
– Follow users who create mixtapes just the way you like it.
– Hot hot hot! Discover the most popular mixtapes in the Hot List!
– Show some love and like your favourites to save them for later.
– Comment and share your opinion if a mixtape impressed you!
– Remix if you feel like someone else’s mixtape could use some pick-me-up!
– Being a killjoy is impossible! Seamlessly jump to any part of a track, and it will keep playing in sync with the beat.
– Pimp it up! Blast your mixtape to the next level with a full range of colorful live effects.
Pacemaker for Apple Watch – One-touch-mixing magic!
Add live effects and mix in new tracks directly from your wrist.
– Be social on the move! Enjoy your Mixtape Home Feed and keep track of the number of plays and likes on your friends’ mixtapes.
– Quickly get the next track into the mix! Just tap it and Pacemaker will move to the next mix moment.
– Rule the party from your wrist! Pacemaker for Apple Watch comes with our most popular effects, ChopChop, Whitenoise, 8-Bit and Hi-Lo! – for free!
Pacemaker for iPad – The complete live DJ tool with the epic Autopilot™ feature.
– Hit sync and with a full set of colorful effects and a crossfader, you have unlimited creative influence over the music you love!
– What to play next? Pacemaker’s track selection assistant Match Machine™ finds tracks that match perfectly with the ones currently playing.
– Need a break? Activate Autopilot™ – your personal DJ that automagically mixes music for you.
In-App purchases for iPhone and iPad:
Whitenoise – SwooooOOOSH! The powerful build up effect that gives you a dramatic and perfectly timed drop, every time.
8-Bit – The bit crusher that makes your track sound like a retro video game.
ChopChop – Slice up a track for a stuttering effect and build up tension before the big drop.
Hi-Lo – Remove the high or low frequencies from your tracks to create a swooping sound effect.
Reverb – Make the track sound as if it’s being played in a small hut or the largest of cathedrals.
(iPad) Echo – Echo echo… Is there anybody out there?
(iPad) Roll – Create a loop that spins on top of a track.
(iPad) Loop – Create synchronised loops on the fly; split or double, exit and re-loop. Also included is the exclusive Pacemaker Loop Travel.
(iPad) Beatskip – Skip a pre-determined number of beats forwards or backwards to create stutter in your sound.
Pacemaker iPad and iPhone
Powerful DJ Interface
• Jog Wheels
• Four Decks
• Landscape & Portrait Modes
• Instant access to over 20 million songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations
• Instant access to BPM and Key information through the cloud
• On-the-fly playlist export and song saving
• Powerful audio streaming technology: ultra-low latency, up to 320 kbps
• Video library with pre-bundled content
• Video mixing and scratching
• Music Visualizers
• Visual FX
• Title & image overlays
• A/V recording
• Support for external displays and Airplay
Four Deck Mixing
• Horizontal / vertical layouts
• Spotify + iTunes
• Video library
• History and Queue
• Instant preview
• Light / dark mode
• Expanded mode
• Horizontal / vertical
• Two deck / four deck
• Variable zoom level
• Live sampling and preset editing
• Pre-bundled content by Loopmasters
• Pre-bundled samples by DJQbert
• Live Audio Recording
• Live Video Recording
• Automatic, beat-matched mixes
• Queue and Playlist automation
• Automatic transitions
• Automix Radio powered by The Echo Nest
Advanced DJ Tools
• Cue Points
• Slip Mode
• Beat grid editing
• Over 30 state-of-the-art audio effects powered by Sugar Bytes (available via In-App Purchase)
• Up to three chain-able audio effects per deck
• XY-Pad and Instant FX
• Advanced time-stretching (up to +- 75%)
• Pitch shifting (up to +- 1 octave)
• Audio mixing with adjustable crossfader curves
• EQ, panning, and highpass/lowpass filtering
• Audio Limiter
• BPM and beat detection
• Flexible beat grids with support for dynamic tempo
• Frequency-based colored waveforms
• Key detection
• Auto-gain / Normalize
• Multi-core batch analysis
• Native support for DJ controllers including Reloop Mixon4, Reloop Beatpad, Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, Numark Mixdeck Quad
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces
Optimized for iPhone and iOS 10
• Haptic feedback
• 3D Touch
• Apple Watch integration
• AirPlay integration
• Full HD video capture and rendering (1080p)
• Support for 4K videos
• iPhone camera integration
• iCloud integration: syncs cue points, grid edits, and metadata with iOS and Mac versions of djay
Djay Pro iPhone and iPad