Pads is basically a wavetable synthesizer with a noise/grain generator and a high cut filter. With a carefully developed ”wobbler” that detunes the waveforms and makes small inconsistencies to several internal parameters and a nice sounding chorus, this synthesizer is able to create some really interesting and non-statical pad sounds.
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
• 30 handcrafted presets created by professional musicians
• Filter, Attack and volume can be modulated by velocity
• Controllable grit/grain level, sampled from a real hammond organ with a broken tone wheel
• Controllable wobble factor that adds analogue unpredictability
Important: Pads in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can try it out using the keyboard at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Pads with AUv3 compatible hosts.
iPhone 6 or later is recommended.
iPad Air 1 or later is recommended.
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80’s and 90’s and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre!
The library of 188 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module.
What’s New in Version 1.2
• added Midi Learn feature. To enter it, tap 3 times on any knob or fader control. When done, tap WRITE button to save changes.
• added ability to Export / Import user preset sound banks using iTunes File Sharing system (look in Settings page);
• added ability to merge user presets banks;
• maximum number of user presets is raised to 300;
• added “Poison-202” Virtual Midi In Port;
• 10 new patches added to factory Bank B;
• added new Bank C with 17 drum patches;
• added background audio idle timer (adjustable from Settings page);
• added default midi mapping (can be changed using Midi Learn);
• fixed: audio units midi program change event issue;
• fixed: issue with midi note off event, appeared when working with Geo Synth;
• fixed: preset number related issues in audio units, which could cause crashes under Garage Band;
• master volume and patch gain changes are now interpolated (no clicks);
• delay time parameter change is now interpolated;
• other minor improvements.
• supports Audio Unit Extension (AUv3)
• can work either as standalone synth app, or as plugin inside Cubasis, Garage Band, AUM, ModStep and other hosts
• Inter-App Audio supported
• Virtual Midi supported
• Midi Learn feature
• 2 oscillators, 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring modulation
• Sync modulation
• PW modulation
• Cross frequency modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (S&H)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall Limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Series
• Portamento, Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24 (device dependent)
• Up to 300 user presets to store
• Import/Export user preset banks via iTunes File Sharing
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control and Hold button
• Show Oscillogram feature
• iOS 7 or higher
• iPhone 4S and up
• iPad 2 and up
Redshrike is a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer by iceWorks, Inc. It features a single oscillator and a sub oscillator along with waveform morphing. There are three onboard effects Chorus, Delay, Reverb and it supports all the MIDI standards like CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI and external sync.
The Wave Sequence Synthesizer for iPad – KORG iWAVESTATION
When Sequential Circuits finally went belly-up, their research and development into vector synthesis was picked up at Korg. This led to the hugely successful Wavestation Synthesizer which was based on Sequential’s ProphetVS. The Wavestation incorporated the 2-dimensional vector joystick of the ProphetVS which allowed the user to alter and animate sounds.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer appeared in 1990 with its new “advanced vector synthesis system” which combined and shifted between multiple complex waveforms. The user could operate a joystick to “mix” or “morph” between four oscillators selected from the large onboard collection of waveforms.
iWAVESTATION is evolved the operability of the KORG Legacy Collection. The original editing structure has been preserved, while giving you a redesigned graphical user interface that takes advantage of the intuitive operation possible with iPad.
[ Features ]
– An evolved WAVESTATION sound
– New graphical WAVE SEQUENCE operation
– Total 1,500 sound, including the option PCM/Program cards*
Seaboard 5D unlocks the extraordinary potential of your iOS device as a touch-responsive surface for making music. It recreates the expressive possibilities of the Seaboard RISE, the award-winning instrument from ROLI. Shape sounds on-screen through the Five Dimensions of Touch: Strike, Glide, Slide, Press and Lift. You’ll discover the power and fun of Seaboard 5D as soon as you touch the screen. Seaboard 5D not only turns your iOS device into a powerfully expressive musical instrument, it is also the ultimate portable sound engine for your favorite MIDI controller.
APP AND ALL SOUND PACKS CURRENTLY FREE!!!!!!!!!!
ADD NEW DIMENSIONS
Play a gentle woodwind melody, a rich textured pad or a killer synth lead. Players of any ability can pick up Seaboard 5D, make some tunes — and put the instrument back in their pockets.
The unique playing surface of Seaboard 5D is laid out like a piano keyboard from the future. Instead of white and black piano keys you now have a continuous set of “keywaves” — just like the Seaboard RISE. You can bend the pitch by gliding your fingers from side to side, modulate a sound by moving up and down a keywave, and — on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 — deepen sounds by pressing into the surface. You can create an astonishing variety of sounds and effects through the Five Dimensions of Touch.
FIND YOUR SOUND
Seaboard 5D comes with the Fundamentals Soundpack, which offers 25 diverse, custom-crafted sounds. Polyrhythmic Loops morphs as you play up and down the keywaves. Breath Flute lets you simulate breath control on a wind instrument through pressure. Smoky Rhodes is a cool, modern reinterpretation of the Fender Rhodes.
Expand your collection with additional Soundpacks. Hybrid Acoustic comes with over 500MB of unique samples. Expressive Electronic includes both vintage synths and contemporary pads. Synthetic Leads is for when you really just need to shred!
POWER YOUR KIT
Seaboard 5D is also the ultimate mobile sound engine for a range of MIDI controllers. Using MIDI over Bluetooth, the app lets you make music wirelessly — with just a mobile device and a MIDI controller — wherever you want.
It is also one of the first apps with MPE (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression) Mode, and it works plug-and-play with any MPE-compatible controller.
To get the most out of Seaboard 5D, try it with our own Seaboard RISE, the multi-award-winning MIDI controller hailed as “the future of the keyboard” (MusicRadar). The Seaboard RISE and Seaboard 5D are the ultimate tools for making music on the go.
THE WORLD OF ROLI
At ROLI, we are creating a set of connected tools for modern music creation. The Seaboard RISE, Seaboard GRAND, and ROLI BLOCKS are part of our family of beautifully designed, technologically cutting-edge products.
– Tweak your sounds with onscreen macro controls and XY Touchpad
– Vary the size of the onscreen keywave surface to suit your screen and preferences
– Octave shift buttons and an onscreen sustain pedal add depth to real-time performance
– Control Five Dimensions of Touch: Strike, Press, Glide, Slide and Lift
– Purchase Soundpacks in-app and build your collection of sounds
– Recreate the Seaboard RISE experience on the iPhone 6s and make the most of its new 3D Touch feature
Seaboard 5D is designed for:
– iPhone 5c and above
– iPad Pro
– iPad Air 2 and above
– iPad Mini 2 and above
– Please note that while Seaboard 5D works well as a sound engine on all supported iPhones and iPads, you will only be able to use all of the Five Dimensions of Touch with an iPhone 6s or iPhone 7.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.