April Fools! Moog Music today announced the release of the BASE Pack for Animoog, the World’s first professional mimetically mephitic sound set designed for a synthesizer. In honor of the release of the BASE Pack, Moog is offering Animoog for iPad, their groundbreaking synthesizer technology for iOS devices, for only $2.99 (regular price $29.99). Animoog for iPhone 4 and iPod Touch will be offered for only $1.99. This offer is only good for 7 days (April 1-April8, 2012). The BASE Pack is available for $.99 in the “Animoog Store” found in the Animoog app.
The BASE Pack is born from a quest Moog engineers embarked on with help from researchers at The University of North Carolina at Asheville to discover the most primordial sounds known to man. The result is the Biomimetically Augmented Synthesis Expansion Pack (BASE Pack) for the Animoog synthesizer. The BASE Pack is a collection of timbres and presets that radically extends the sonic capabilities of Animoog from the purely electronic realm of its Moog ancestry into a richly organic world of biological sound.
The unique timbres of the BASE Pack are drawn from the sounds of the human body itself. UNC-Asheville professor Dr. Wayne Kirby explains the significance of this sonic spelunking: “Our gastric activity in our body is really a microcosm of what we are as humans. The BASE Pack allows us to utilize the essence of this gastric activity to mold an expression of our external reality and internal reality.”
In addition to the over 40 new Timbre files, Moog recruited top sound designers to craft 25 powerful new presets which demonstrate the range of BASE sounds that Animoog can now emit. Some of the Presets included are Extravasation, Eructations, Bad Beans, Bathtub Bubbles, and Oops Sorry Excuse Me. Some of the Timbres included are Sploot2, WetGas1, Dribbly, WetSquish2 and Excuse Me.
“Only a professional synth engine like Animoog could render these organic timbres with such pungent detail,” said Moog Product Development Specialist, Amos Gaynes. “You can really feel the natural movements of the sound.” UNC-Asheville professor Dr. Wayne Kirby is similarly enthusiastic: “Exploiting the rich character of the expulsion of bodily gas is the pinnacle of engineering success.”
LISTEN TO THE BASE PACK HERE:
ANIMOOG ON SALE FOR ONLY $2.99 FOR A LIMITED TIME.
Animoog, powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is the first professional polyphonic synthesiser designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesisers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthisis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression.
- Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE): An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evvoling soundscape.
- Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y sapce from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesisiers and pedals. Note, this is not simple sample playback.
- Plolyphonic Modulation – Simply slide your finger to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting – Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
- Delay Module – A classic analog style ping pong delay
- Thick Module – From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge, and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
- Moog Filter – The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with Higgh Pass, Low Pass, and Band Pass modes.
Animoog is available for $2.99 for a limited time and then $30