Folks know I love Patterning as most people do. It’s such a wicked drum sequencing app. I’m currently beta testing a new feature that allows users to share their drum kits and patterns via the cloud. I’ve shared my Tempest Industrial kit which is a set I made on a Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine. The following is a video demonstration for my Industrial kit. I made this video a while back before the cloud kit feature was added.
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
*** Cubasis special price valid from March 27 to April 10, 2017: € ($) 24.99 (regular price: € ($) 49.99).
Special price for FX Pack 1 and FX Pack 2 (exclusively available through in-app purchase) valid until April 10, 2017: € ($) 3.99 (regular price: € ($) 6.99). ***
What’s New in Version 2.1
• Audiobus 3 support — Connect your favorite MIDI controller and filter apps, and enjoy seamless workflows
• MIDI Editor refresh — Quickly edit your MIDI tracks and creatively compose, sustained by most accurate tools and ultra-intuitive interface design
• RoomWorks SE* — Utilize the powerful reverb effect delivering pro-quality sounds that enrich your tracks with shine and extra sparkle
• Over 40 improvements — Experience utmost performance paired with rock-solid stability
For a complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasis.
We hope you find the latest feature additions useful.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you.
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
BandShift is a multi-band auditory filter and frequency shifter taking a new approach to manipulate the pitch of complex sound sources in realtime. The well know analog Bode frequency shifter shifts all frequencies in an input up by the same amount and thereby alters their harmonic relation and tends to produce inharmonic results. But it’s perfect in dealing with transients and sounds smooth even with high amounts of down pitching.
BandShift splits the spectrum in 27 bands and applies a different amount of frequency shifting to each band emulating a harmonic pitch shifting. This gives you perfect pitch shifting for all kind of drum sounds over a vast shifting range of +/- five octaves without disturbing the transients or introducing metallic distortions. The extreme range of shifting gives you access to a vast field of unknown sonic territory.
The possibility to apply different shiftings on each band gives you exciting possibilities: Suppose you have a drum loop which is perfect, but the bass drum is a bit too high or too low to fit in your mix then you can easily get the bass drum shifted a bit down and the rest of the spectrum remains unchanged. But it’s applications are not limited to drum sounds, they’re only limited by your imagination.
• Multi band bode frequency shifter
• Linear phase filter bank with 27 bands
• AudioUnit for AUv3 compatible hosts.
• Inter-app audio compatible effect.
• Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving.
• Apply effect to any song in your iTunes library.
• MIDI Learn for X/Y Pads
• Low latency live usage with mic and headphones.
• Audio recorder
Orsilus is new DAW for iOS that integrates a powerful yet streamlined solution for collaborating online. Korner Stone is the hub of collaborating with other users over the internet. With Korner Stone you can add friends, bandmates and remote collaborators to your friends list so that you can share presets, audio files, bounces and even your entire project. Use the instant messaging based conversation system to communicate with your collaborators. Don’t worry your music is secure with a HTTPs file transfer via Dropbox.
Visual Mixer – A Unique visual representation of your song’s space.
Traditional Mixer – The old school knob and fader based mixer with effects per channel.
Qwarts Beat – A new circular take on the drum machine and sequencer.
Collaboration – Korner Stone is the new home of collaboration.
Song Arranger – A basic audio and event clip arranger.
The Orsilus audio engine provides support for iOS Class Compliant Audio interfaces. It’s 64-Bit floating point mix engine is practically limitless in terms of head room and precision. You can record up to 48 Audio Channels with up to 16 Aux Channels. Each channel has it’s own effects rack.
What really makes Orsilus stand out from the rest is it’s unique visual mixer interface. The visual mixer allows you to control instrument volume with the vertical axis and pan with the horizontal axis. A color spectrum helps visualize track volume and frequency.
KRFT is a new approach to music creation. Build beautiful interfaces from a toolset of musical cells. Make anything from a funky groove box to a full composition, and everything in-between. Open the door to new workflows and inspiration.
*** LAUNCH DISCOUNT – 40% OFF UNTIL 20TH FEB ***
Moving away from the typical 80s multi-track paradigm found in most music making software, KRFT is a unique and inspiring way to create music. By combining a variety of loops, dials, effects and more, you build your own customized musical Surface. These interfaces are a collection of musical functions and ideas that can be controlled and interpreted in real time.
The nature of this workflow allows you to make expressive decisions on-the-fly and create dynamic compositions that would be difficult to achieve in typical music software.
◆ ◆ ◆
MODULAR MUSIC MAKING
Don’t be confined by pre-defined interfaces, make your own rules! Want to build a song? Add loops and groups to build a structure. Need to add a layer of jam-ability? Add drum fills, live effects and filters. Now get jamming!
POWERFUL SOUND ENGINE
A highly optimised and high quality custom sound engine is at the core of KRFT. Choose from 50 Bass presets, 50 Lead presets, 14 Drum Kits & over 50 Sound Effects to make your creations. Go deeper and tweak filters, effects and more to make the sound your own.
Rather than writing a song from start to finish, KRFT lets you play and re-interpret your composition giving you the opportunity to experiment and add flair in real time. Record multiple takes and export them to your favourite audio software or upload online.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.