Dan Rosenstark from MusicIO shows us how to sync an iPad (and the app iMaschine 2) to Ableton Live using the MusicIO app and a lightning cable. This is a hard-wired option that streams Audio and MIDI over USB between your iOS device and your Desktop DAW. The app is designed for the Mac, but also works with most Windows DAWs. One easy-to-use, professional app. Easily send audio from your iOS device to your desktop DAW using USB; musicIO lets you integrate Inter-App Audio compatible iOS synthesizers with a traditional desktop DAW system. MIDI is built in to musicIO too; everything you need, all in once place. It’s simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
• Low latency audio from iOS to your desktop DAW, with crystal-clear 32-bit resolution. Native support for IAA allows for the best possible audio quality, and seamless integration with iOS synthesizers and effects apps
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose “send to” ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose “receive from” (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• musicIO is designed to work with iOS 7 or newer, OS X 10.7 or newer, and Windows Vista, 7, and 8. Audio is transferred in 32-bit stereo. The PC client currently handles a 44.1khz sample rate, while the Mac can handle all sample rates. Please check VST compatibility if you are using a PC DAW.
iMASCHINE 2 is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments, used by professional producers all around the world. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
***Get iMASCHINE 2 now for 50% off! Limited time introductory price. Ends December 1, 2015***
***Buy ULTIMATE COLLECTION now and get 36 iMASCHINE Expansions for the price of one. Limited time only. Ends December 1, 2015***
///MAKE. ARRANGE. SHARE.
Create a beat on 16 pads with hundreds of professional sounds. Use the Smart Play keyboard to add melodies and basslines that are always in-key. Spice up your track with vocal and field recordings or sample directly from iTunes. Use Apple’s 3D Touch technology to optimize your workflow and get even more creative.
The Arranger in iMASCHINE 2 lets you turn your loops and scenes into full tracks with the swipe of a finger. Add parts quickly and easily. Change the color of your pads or groups to see your entire arrangement at a glance – rearranging and editing tracks on-the-go has never been quicker or easier.
Share your creations with the world by uploading them directly to Soundcloud. Or export your projects to the MASCHINE 2 software and continue working on them in the studio with your full MASCHINE hardware setup.
///KEY FEATURES OVERVIEW
– Use 16 pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device
– Quickly create beats without finger drumming using Step Mode
– Use the Arranger to structure your track by adding, moving, and deleting different patterns on the fly
– Play always-in-key melodies and basslines by combining Chord, Scale, and Arpeggiator features with the Smart Play keyboard
– Use Note Repeat in Keyboard and Drum Pad Modes to create rolls, fills, and fast note attacks with note ranges from 1/4 notes to 1/32 notes
– Better organize your sounds using multi-colored pads and groups
– Optimize your workflow using Quick Actions with Apple 3D Touch for app and pad shortcuts*
– Control the velocity or rate of note repeat depending on how hard you press the screen using 3D Touch*
– Capture vocals, field recordings, or any audio from the microphone on your iOS device
– Sample directly from your iTunes library
– Mix your sounds and choose from professional audio effects
– Open your existing iMASCHINE projects effortlessly in iMASCHINE 2
– Start building tracks immediately with the included extended iMASCHINE 2 library, featuring over 300 MB of content: 19 projects, 38 drum kits and over 750 samples
– Choose from a huge collection of additional drum kits, projects and instrument sounds from top sound designers and renowned artists with iMASCHINE Expansions – available at the In-App Expansions Store
– No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production
– Learn how to use the app and discover helpful tricks with the New Features Notification function
– Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud and share it with the world
– Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. Projects exported to MASCHINE support multiple Scenes as well as Pad and Group colors.
– Universal App. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all iOS devices registered to that iTunes account
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.