What’s New in Version 1.4
• Play and record music apps supported by Audiobus directly into GarageBand*
• Turn off grid snapping to get finer control over region and note editing
• Fixes an issue that resulted in feedback while connecting 3rd-party audio accessories into the headphone/microphone jack
* Requires iPhone 4S, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 or later. Audiobus requires a separate purchase.
Learn Garageband in 30 days is for all you aspiring rock stars and music producers out there. Mahalo is here to start you on your way to recording, editing and modifying your own songs with GarageBand. For both iPhone and iPad.
Mahalo Learn Garageband In 30 Days Screenshot
This app will help you do the following:
✓ Learn to auto tune your voice
✓ Create a song without knowing how to play music
✓ Create a ringtone for free
✓ Use the built-in guitar, piano, synths and drums
Through a series of 81 HD video lessons, audio expert Joey Biagas will show you how to setup and use external hardware, make and employ loops, and use Magic GarageBand and Learn to Play features on the desktop version of this Apple software.
Joey is an audio engineer with a degree in Audio Recording from California State University Dominguez Hills. He picked up his first guitar at age 16 and has been working on musical projects ever since. He wrote, produced and recorded two solo EPs under his band Setting Sunrise and wants to help you do the same!
Learn Garageband In 30 Days is available for $4.99
• Start a Jam Session to play or record live with up to three of your friends using iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch*
• Conduct an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Combine recordings to free up additional tracks using Track Merge
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud*
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Perform retro and modern synth bass lines and grooves with new Smart Bass instruments
• Play synth melodies and arpeggios with new Smart Keyboard instruments
*Jam Session and iCloud are available on iPhone 4 or later, 4th generation iPod touch, and all iPad models.
Apple announced that it is now possible to import loops in Garageband for the iPad meaning you can import your OWN loops. This is a tutorial to show you how to import your loops into Garageband for the iPad. You can learn how to install loops into the desktop version of Garageband here http://soundtrackloops.com/how-to-install-apple-loops-in-garageband/
Import Loops In Garageband
Import an audio file
You can import an audio file from your computer into Tracks view. GarageBand for iPad supports uncompressed audio files with a 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit depth (the standard for audio CDs). You can also import Apple Loops. If the audio file is an unsupported sample rate or bit depth it will be unavailable in the import window.
Check out my buddy Xander from Apple as he gives us a demo of the Garageband instruments.
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses on your iPad. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy a full range of Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use the built-in microphone or a guitar to record, or capture any performance. Then mix up to eight tracks to create a song you can share.
Play your iPad like a musical instrument.
• Perform on dozens of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard.
• Tap out beats from the seat of acoustic and electronic drum kits.
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs on your iPad with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects.
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone, and apply fun sound effects.
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard.
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments.
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard.
• Strum chords on acoustic and electric Smart Guitars, or trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords.
• Groove with an onscreen electric or upright Smart Bass by tapping on chords.
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with the Smart Drums.
Create a song anywhere you go.
• Arrange and mix your song with up to eight tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops.
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play.
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume — solo or mute any track, or adjust pan, reverb, and echo.
• Use over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song.
Share your songs.
• Email songs right from your iPad (AAC).
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC.
• Send a project to your Mac and open it in GarageBand to continue refining your song.
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. Some of the apps that contain my loops are iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.