FM4 is a four operator FM synthesizer for iPad. Modelled on the popular DX series from the 1980s FM4 provides the same gritty sound, with a modern interface, and without being bound by the limitations of the original units.
Every aspect of the hardware — from envelope curves to sine-table sizes and quantisation errors to digital-to-analogue converters — has been meticulously analysed, in order to recreate the raw and dirty sound of the original units.
The interface of FM4 has been carefully thought-out and is simple and intuitive, yet powerful — with every parameter being available on a single page. No menus, tabs, or jumping from page to page.
FM4 is capable of producing a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
– Four operators configurable in eight different routings
– Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
– Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
– 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
– Tempo-syncable arpeggiator with up, down, up-down, and random patterns
– Microtuning with eight different temperaments
– Supports Inter-App Audio, background audio, and MIDI over bluetooth (support for Audiobus is coming)
– Up to 24 voices of polyphony
– Presets can be imported/exported through iTunes
Intro offer: $0.99 throughout December!
DISCLAIMER: MIDI is not working. Apple is currently reviewing an updated version that adresses this and other minor issues, which will be available next week.