d(- -)b, the first Modular DJ App for the iPad. Looks promising. I have not tried it and they don’t have any reviews at the moment so it’s tough to say but yes it looks good.
Mаԁе bу thе people behind touchAble, d(- -)b provides endless possibilities for DJs with an iPad. Its modular approach lets the app adapt to the user, not the other way around.
DJs can choose from pre-installed templates or create their own interface with up to 6 decks – on one or several pages – making it the perfect tool for any use-case.
The comprehensive in app editor makes it simple to configure your very own DJ setup. The numerous modules include everything a DJ needs, and allow for an incredible amount of flexibility and customization.
With beautiful color-coded waveforms instead of fake vinyl platters, and accurate tools for both worlds of beat-matching: Grid & Sync or Pitch & Nudge – it opens the door to a whole new world of touchable DJing.
With support for Multi-Route Audio, d(- -)b turns the iPad into into a professional DJ setup – powerful, customizable, portable.
+ Zoomable realtime waveforms with spectrum colorcoding
+ 4 cue points per deck
+ 3 band EQ with kill switches
+ loops from 1/64th to 8 bars
+ loop roll while track keeps playing
+ automatic beat & grid detection
+ manually grid tracks if the detection is off
+ pitch coarse & fine faders for 10% / 1% pitch control
+ custom browser with access to the iTunes library
+ record stereo mixes – even without multi-route (optionally listen to the dry/wet monitor signal instead of the recorded main signal)
+ multi-route audio to precue tracks in stereo
-> use any class compilant USB Audio Interface as a secondary stereo output
DJ Rig is a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPad. It provides instant song-playing from the device’s music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads, automatic mixing and performance recording plus an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. When used with the new iRig MIX audio mixer for iOS devices, DJ Rig provides the most portable professional setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
DJ Rig has many advanced app features found only in professional mixing software and hardware combined with the magic of the iPad multi-touch surface to give DJs a whole new level of expression and creativity with the convenience of total mobility.
The DJ Rig double deck comes with selectable waveform, turntable or digital jog interfaces, so no matter what type of software or hardware setup you are used to, you get them all in one single app.
DJs have all the tempo and sync controls they expect from a pro rig at their disposal, while the new waveform view, the drift meter and multiple deck modes provides instant visual feedback on track sync. You can even let the machine go, and DJ Rig will automix your entire sound library while you can focus on creating accurate mash and dramatic breaks.
The unique X-Sync feature (available when used with iRig MIX) enables anyone to automatically synchronize the app audio with any other external audio source like a second iOS device but also regular CD or MP3 players.
1 Direct Cue plus up to 4 cue points, 3-band kill EQ with band isolator, 18 high-quality DJ effects, an advanced looping section and direct access to the music library complete the deck controls for a truly complete mixing experience.
Professional DJ Features:
• Direct access to iPod library and playlists with instant play
• Multiple deck modes including accurate lifelike waveform display, vinyl and digital interfaces.
• Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ with band isolator and Crossfader
• Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup including headphone monitoring
• Professional pitch control section with drift meter for fine BPM adjustments
• Live recorder lets you record full mixing gigs, export and share.
• Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
• 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades
• Auto level detect and track level adjustment for the perfect balance between decks
• Crossfade filter allows fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
Mix & Scratch
• Tempo Sync
• Beat Match
• Fast BPM detection and beat map analysis
• AutoMix lets you automatically mix the entire music library and playlists
• 5 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 4 available as an in-app purchase)
• Auto CUE for automatic first beat positioning.
• Advanced looping section with continuous loop surface, customizable loop and slip mode
• Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat
• X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the audio/tempo of internal decks to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
• Effects deck with 18 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, Filter High Pass, Filter Low Pass, Filter Band Pass, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter,Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist Up and Twist Down (6 available for in-app purchase, Low Pass Filter included as Free FX)
• XY touch interface
• All effects are BPM-synched
• Multiple controls
• Extra filter available
• On-the-fly sampler machine
• 9 pads matrix with assignable pads
• 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase)
• Live sampling functionality
• Individual pad adjustment for pitch and volume
DJ Rig FREE offers double-deck DJ mixing with instant song-playing from the device’s music library, with automatic tempo sync and, for the first time on an iOS app: beat matching, allowing anyone to perfectly synchronize any song just like a pro DJ – but with just one touch of a button.
All the controls needed for an inspired mixing experience are included in DJ Rig FREE such as tempo controls for fine tuning BPM adjustments, multiple crossfader curves, a waveform display that can be dragged and zoomed, and an accurate scratch engine modeled on real deck behavior with IK’s proprietary CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat and a live recorder to capture the full mix performance and export it easily.
Further augmenting the app’s capabilities, DJ Rig FREE also includes a beat-synced effect (filter) with XY touch interface and a sampler machine with a set of 9 sample pads and one sample bank. These can be used to enhance the remixing performance or record and play your own samples on top of your mixes. More effects (up to 12) and sample banks (up to 15) can be added via in-app purchase by upgrading to the full version of DJ Rig or getting the Pro-bundle pack, which also includes multiple (4) visual cue-points.
Most notably, DJ Rig also includes X-Sync. This feature, when used with iRig Mix, unlocks the full capability of the iRig DJ system. For the first time it is now possible for anyone to synchronize the app’s audio with any other external audio source. This can be a second iOS device of course, but DJ’s can now also sync to external CD and MP3 players!
DJ Rig FREE features
-Landscape and portrait interfaces
-Instant songs and playlists playing from the device music library, with BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
-Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
-Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader
-Tempo Sync and Beat match
-Effects with XY touch interface – all beat-synced
-Sampler-machine with sample pads
-Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
-X-Sync mode detects the tempo from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the app audio to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
Pricing and availability
-DJ Rig FREE is now available for download in the App Store.
-An upgrade to the full version is available as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes looping, 5 effects (Band Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, Delay, Stutter, Phazer) and 7 sound banks (Drones, Hoovers, Instrument Hits 1, Stabs 1, Synth 1, Vocals 1, Classic FX). The regular paid version of the DJ Rig app with all these features already included is also available in the iTunes store for the same price.
-A Pro bundle pack is available for the users of the full version as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes: multiple cues, digital deck skin, 6 effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzzy, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crush) and 7 Sound Banks (Atmo FX, Animals FX, Instrument Hits 2, Instrument Hits 3, Synth 2, Stabs 2, Vocals 2).
-iRig MIX is priced at $99.99/€74.99 (ex. VAT) and will start shipping in May.
-An iPad version of DJ Rig is currently in development and will be available soon.
MixVibes is proud to present the most exciting DJing application we have ever made: CrossDJ for iPad. MixVibes brings a comprehensive iPad DJing experience with a user friendly yet professional and feature rich layout. This application allows all DJs to enjoy performing quality sounding mixes on an iPad.
CrossDJ was developed by the same professional software team who developed Cross, awarded best DJing software in 2010 and 2011 at Paris MIXMOVE awards. MixVibes has been providing DJs with professional solutions for over 10 years. Hence, no other iPad DJing application has ever received such expertise, attention to ergonomics and user feedback in its development
A complete DJing tool, CrossDJ is a full-fledged DJing controller. It features a full 2-channel mixer with 3-band EQs and Kills, preset Loops, 6 Locators, High-precision audio FX with X/Y control pad and much more. These professional features are what will no doubt make this application a reference in the DJing Market.
In addition, CrossDJ takes advantage of the iPad/iPhone media management paradigm with a fluid, rapid and intuitive browsing and loading. You can easily access all iTunes playlists and browse media using a Dynamic Triple Criteria Filter.
The audio stream can be split in order to be able to monitor tracks with headphones which is essential for a professional mix.
A DJING CONTROLLER
Thanks to 10 years of expertise in DJing software, MixVibes brings you a functional iPad application including all the main DJing features you need to perform and control a seamless mix.
The mixer section includes 2 players with 3-band equalizers, frequency kills, gains, 2 volume faders, a crossfader and 2 pitch sliders with adjustable range (4%, 6%, 8%, 16%, 32%, 100%).
FX TOUCH PAD AND VINYL WHEEL
The interface features 2 deck views: The “vinyl record deck” allows precise scratching and the possibility to cue a track as you would with a regular turntable.
The “FX view” features a large X/Y control pad allowing you to explore the full extent and potential of the 13 audio FX. The “FX hold” feature allows you to lock down an audio effect on a precise setting point. These features are the gateway to a whole new spectrum of creative possibilities.
TWO LOOP MODES
The first mode is the regular loop mode with 8 different lengths of loops varying from 1/8th to 16 beats (4bars).
The second mode is called “slip” mode. Here, loops are active only when a finger is pressed on the loop. While the loop is active the track keeps playing so that when you release the finger the musical flow is not affected.
The BPM analysis algorithm used by CrossDJ has been fire-tested and perfected to the max for the iPad.
This analysis is performed automatically the first time you load a track. Once analyzed, the mix is visually assisted with a sync meter and high definition waveforms.
Thanks to the “Beatgrid” feature, mixes will be flawless and synchronized automatically. Edits to the beat grid are doable on-the-fly and saved to the collection.
HEADPHONE MONITORING: SPLIT OUTPUT
CrossDJ offers the possibility to monitor the mix with headphones by splitting the audio signal.
This will allow you to perform mixes in professional conditions.
CrossDJ is stocked with a combination of MixVibes’ multiple award-winning Media Management system and Apple’s intuitive track search paradigm.
Media browsing is made through a multi-criteria filter or directly on the full size iPad keyboard. Hence, loading a new track is done in seconds.
Announcing Mashup powered by Waves. Works on iPad 2 iPad 3 iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation.
Technical Grammy® award-winning Waves Audio goes mobile with the first truly professional mobile mixing system for pro DJs.
The Mashup Pro DJ Mixer App rocks any party from the club to the bedroom with just an iPad.
Replacing complex, expensive and cumbersome DJ gear like turntables, CDJs, mixers, and PCs, Mashup on the iPad is a fully operational mobile DJ booth.
What’s New in Version 1.2
The new Mashup 1.2 includes several optimizations and improvements based on DJs feedback:
– Improved CUEING feature. When tapping on CUE when a cue point is not set, the CUE point is set to the current playback time.
– Playback is not paused when CUE button is released after behing touched for extended period of time.
– Tapping on CUE when a deck is PAUSED will start playback from the CUE point while the CUE button is tapped.
– Maintain deck playback state – when loading a track to a playing deck, the track will start playing immediately after being loaded.
– Improved looping precision.
– Time-stretching improvements: The tempo panel buttons now works for tracks without auto-detected or user-set BPM / Tempo
– Disable time-stretching and beats-view interactions while scratching to prevent accidental operations while in scratch mode.
– Fixed issue with some tracks not reseting to 00:00 playback time when playback ends and auto-mixing is off.
– Improved the quality of Mashup default track cover art when the iPad goes into lock mode.
– Improved loops display over the beats grid: active loop color is orange and inactive loop color is white.
– Disabled loop out button while in an active loop.
Mashup offers a turnkey solution for all pro-DJs needs:
– Two rotating stereo decks and mixer, playing all unprotected audio formats
– Advanced scratch engine for rotating deck manipulation and scratching
– Resonant filters with large touch-ribbon interface for maximum seamless control
– Unlimited Playlists created ‘on the fly’
– Hi-end EQs with large interface controls
– Auto sync and beat matching between decks
– DJ Shop with hot new track downloads
Mashup features audio technology from digital audio pioneers Waves, used by professional producers and DJs worldwide. Waves technology delivers superior sound quality, robust audio engine, hi-end EQs and resonant filters, noise-free scratching, and more.
Play and mix music from your iPad’s music library, your Mac or PC, or music downloads from top DJs Junior Sanchez, Kris Menace, and more.
Mashup also offers Waves’ unique sound enhancing engine MAXX, boosting bass frequencies and overall volume.
From personal earbuds to large cabinet speakers, MAXX makes any listening environment sound better. (MAXX is a premium feature)
– Superior sounding 2-channel stereo mixer with up to +6 db gain per mixing channel
– Beautifully designed and intuitive mixer user interface with quick access to music, EQ, filter, loops and more..
– Tempo change with real time time-stretching for each channel
– Pitch-shift for each channel
– Robust 3-band EQ per channel
– Resonant Filters – one high-pass and/or low-pass filter with adjustable resonance per channel, using a unique touch ribbon interface
– iPad music library instant playback – instantly play any track from your device
– DJ with headphones. Run Mashup on an iPhone or an iPod Touch and connecting it with your – iPad using WiFi or Bluetooth
– Free mixable music downloads from major dance music artists
– A robust music library with multiple playlists and quick loading to the mixer
– Realistic, noise-free scratching
– Record your mixes in stereo to an uncompressed audio file and copy the file to your computer to editing, further mixing and sharing
Premium Feature – MAXX
– Make your Mashup mixes sound even better with MAXX
– MAXX is an audio enhancement technology developed by Waves
– MAXX uses sophisticated algorithms to enhance the sound of your music and mixes
– Unlock MAXX to get amazing robust sound out of your iPad-connected speakers
– Choose from 5 built-in presets: Ear-bud Headphones, DJ Headphones, Dock Speakers, Home Speakers or Club Speakers
– Easy to use – Boost your mix volume with MAXXVolume, your, bass with MAXXBass or both
– MAXX is available as an optional paid feature
Mashup is designed for iPad 2 and the new iPad. Mashup for iPhone and iPod Touch allows using these devices for headphone monitoring when mixing on an iPad.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.