klimper shows scales and chords as markings on the keyboard, enabling you to improvise fluently even on complex chords and scales you don’t have internalized yet. With Klimper you can find scales and chords by a given set of notes with ease. klimper also shows suitable chords based on what you are playing on the keyboard.
— create chord progressions —
just drag and drop chords to your idea space to create chord progressions, harmonize your ideas by inverting chords
— store and share your ideas —
save your ideas for later use or send it to other musicians by e-mail
Got a song idea off hand? Bring it to life within seconds. Simply sing out your original melody and Melody Miner will generate various songs with unlimited sets of chord progression in different tempos. In each generated song, your voice will automatically be tuned to match the chords and instruments will play along.
* Easy To Use
– Open up the app, choose a tempo, and start recording.
– Play and navigate through generated songs with varied chord progressions, tempos, and settings.
* Editable Chord Progression and Tempo
– Pick a chord of your choice at any position. Almost all types of chords used in popular music are available.
– Allowed to change tempo after recording.
* Vocal Tuning Options
– Change the level of vocal tuning from Off to High.
– Enable or disable harmony effect.
– Allowed to increase overall pitch of vocal up to 12 semitones (1 octave)
* Backing Instruments
– Choose any combination of piano, guitar, and drums with bass.
– Four different basic patterns are selectable for piano and guitar.
– Share vocal track as MP3, AIFF, or MIDI file.
– Share via Email, AudioCopy, or other installed apps that support specified file format.
Are you a seasoned musician or a songwriter?
Then, Melody Miner will greatly assist you in all aspects while you are in an idea-developing phase. Besides ease of song-prototyping, it will even bring you new inspiration by generated songs.
Transfer output vocal as a MIDI or an audio file and continue working on your masterpiece on other applications seamlessly.
Meet Changeling; the super easy, flexible, diatonic chord sequencer from the future.
This sequencer has its foundation in musical improvisation theory; All recorded musical notes remain relative, and can be changed in various ways during playback.
It’s a simple tool for people that like to create music, but don’t have the discipline or time for studying music theory, or years of piano improvisation practice. Changeling does not generate compositions, you remain in full creative control over the music that you come up with.
Just start by recording a simple melody-line with one finger.
Change the scale and root by sliding the ribbons.
Transform the melody to a chord progression by turning the chord knob. Play around with the available voicings and transition modes that affect chord inversions.
Finally spread out the chord notes over time using the arpeggiator.
Use Changeling’s MIDI output to record patterns to your DAW or other MIDI capable IOS apps.
NOT just another synth for the iPad. This one also allows you to write your lyrics down, record vocals, and more!
SongSynth has been designed so no previous keyboard skills are required to play a huge variety of chords. These chords, coupled with a great lyric and vocal line, are the building blocks of many thousands of amazing pop songs.
NOTE FOR IPHONE/iPOD USERS: SongSynth requires a minimum of 3GS / 3rd Generation iPod Touch to function.
Create and store song ideas! Write songs anywhere!
SongSynth is a songwriting tool for iPad & iPhone that offers a unique, easy-to-use way of experimenting with chords, and a host of other features to help you create and store song ideas.
– a unique, easy way to play hundreds of chords
– write down lyrics and chords – use SongSynth as a song notebook!
– create and store as many song ideas as you like
– record demos of your ideas using the built-in recorder
– sing or play directly into your device
– record on top of a recording using the ‘overdub’ function
– 3 sound sets: synth, acoustic guitar, piano
– a simple drum machine to play along with
– email yourself (or others) both your lyrics and your demo as an mp3
– Soundcloud, Dropbox and Social Media integration
SongSynth is available for $1.99
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.