Echo Pad is a real-time Echo effect processor featuring a unique delay + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch device.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces. (Verified up to date list of compatible audio interfaces below.)
Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and noisy, dirty analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions.
Who needs another whack, sterile digital delay to strum generic radio rock riffs with? No one.
Adding to the fun is a no frills sound on sound looper, perfect for quickly looping and layering guitar riffs or vocal melodies, glitching live audio input, building layered ambient soundscapes and more.
Loops can be quickly bounced to an audio file for sharing with other apps.
Echo Pad is a Universal app that supports Audio Copy/Paste (General Pasteboard) for quickly sharing loops and recordings created with Echo Pad with other audio apps, as well as playing back and processing pasted audio from other apps through Echo Pad’s effects. You can also export a loop or recording directly into the AudioShare file management app by using the “Export to AudioShare” functions. This exports your loop or recording directly into the AudioShare app without needing to use AudioCopy/Paste, for a super fast workflow.
Additionally, recordings and loops can be exported to iTunes FIle Sharing for access on your Mac/PC.
– Route main looper through FX. Record into the main looper, then process it. 🙂
– Paste audio into Main Looper. Paste audio to be automatically recorded and looped in the main sound on sound looper.
– Paste audio to scratch loopers. Paste audio from other apps to load directly into the scratch loopers using AudioPaste.
– Export/AudioCopy Scratch Loop to Pasteboard. Export and AudioCopy current contents of scratch loopers to the pasteboard.
– Export Scratch Loop to AudioShare. Export current contents of scratch loopers directly to AudioShare.
– New delay type: “Shimmer” octave up pitch shift delay, inspired by my favorite blue pedal (rhymes with ES-3).
– adjusted UI for better access of controls
– separate Import and Export menus
– delay hi pass/lo pass filter control (the red circle) is now controlled independently, no longer requires first finger to be onscreen.
– “Output L.P. Filter” replaces previous “Input L.P. Filter”. This now filters the master output, and can be modulated by the L.F.O.
* Realtime FX processor designed for live performance and sound design
* Multi-touch XY control of delay parameters for expressive control
* Sound on sound looper for creating layered loops on the fly
* Universal app
* Supports iPhone 5 screen
* supports Background audio
* Works with headphones as well as most iOS and professional USB audio interfaces including:
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– Apogee ONE (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– Apogee GIO (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– many more
* Audio Copy and Paste for sharing loops and recordings made within Echo Pad, as well as playback and process pasted audio from other apps using Echo Pad in realtime. (General Pasteboard)
* supports NEW “Export to AudioShare” functionality.
Loops and recordings created with Echo Pad can be exported directly to the AudioShare app for easy audio file management.
* recordings & loops are exported to iTunes File Sharing for access on your Mac/PC
Sound design and Control:
* 4 delay types – Tape/analog echo, 8-bit, Rising, Reverse
* LFO assignable to delay time, input filter, volume. Great for subtle to extreme modulated echoes.
*Control delay time, feedback, and echo high pass and low pass filters with XY control. (dual touch, more gestures coming in updates.)
*Toggle slider control panels for access to full parameters.
* Save and recall effect settings.
*BPM sync for rhythmic delays.
*Tap tempo to set delay time and global BPM.
*Sound on sound looper for quickly capturing and layering sound.
Echo Pad is available for $2.99