Unlike many of the other music app blogs this handy little app did NOT pass me by. I posted about MiMix back in April of 2015 and now here we are with a version 2 update and what an update! Now MixMix, the virtual mixer for Audiobus, features support for Audiobus remote, state saving (this is a really nice feature), virtual midi support, and much more. Please read on.
What’s New in Version 2.0
– Audiobus Remote support with customizable trigger setup
– State Saving support
– MIDI capabilities upgrade:
– Virtual MIDI port handling
– In-app settings
– Knob Pickup
– Multi Solo option
– Remember Mute States option
– Latest Audiobus SDK (2.2.1)
With MiMiX You can take total control of mixing of Your favorite Audiobus enabled apps’ outputs in the most convenient way. Just insert MiMiX into the Output Slot of Audiobus, even into multiple chains to mix the sound of the connected input or effect apps. You can even insert MiMIX into the input slot to send the mix to an other app, like a DAW to record the mix.
– Mix up to 8 Audiobus enabled apps including the system input or multiple channels of a multichannel input hardware
– Set the main mix volume level between -INF and +12dB
– Set the volume level of each input port between -INF and +12dB
– Set the panning or balance of each port (selectable)
– Mute any port
– Set any port to solo or several port in multi-solo mode
– Monitor any port or the main mix on the built-in oscilloscopes and VU meters
– Control the main mix volume and volume, balance, mute and solo for each port using a MIDI controller or a Core MIDI app
– Control the main mix volume and volume, mute and solo for each port using Audiobus Remote on a second iOS device
– Set the MIDI CC parameters of each control via MIDI learn
– Change the MIDI settings in-app
– Double-tap on each knob or slider to set its default value
– Check the saturation indicator for each port to check if the pots power reached 0dB
– Check the clip indicator on the main mix to avoid clipping.
– MiMiX supports Audiobus state saving feature
– MiMiX supports multi-output hardware devices, up to 12 stereo pairs
– MiMiX uses a 32 bit float engine so clipping can only occur at the main mix
– MiMiX is lightweight – minimal CPU usage and memory footprint
CONTACT US!! Have a question and don't see the answer?
iPadLoops On FB | Our music app specialist awaits you.