Kyma Control is the Swiss-army-knife of controllers for the Kyma Sound Design Workstation, providing four of the most popular Kyma controller-modes in one, wireless multi-touch package: a bi-directional mirror of Kyma’s Virtual Control Surface, a multi-touch pen/tablet controller, a standard and a Tonnetz keyboard, accelerometer controls, and compass heading for using direction as a control.
For use in the studio, on stage, in the lab, at home, or in classroom, Kyma Control frees you from having to sit in front of your laptop; put yourself inside the sound field and perform your Sounds in an expressive, intuitive manner using your hands and gestures.
What’s New in Version 1.1.1
This version adds support for two dimensional faders, and buttons and switches with distinct on and off labels. The standard and Tonnetz keyboards are now on separate tabs, the keyboard range indicator now includes keyboard rounding mode selector, and the Volume control faders are now longer. This version is compatible with iOS 5.
• Auto-mapping, bi-directional multi-touch mirroring of Kyma’s Virtual Control Surface (VCS)
• Pen/tablet surface tracking as many as 11 fingers with color trails to help you track finger position
• A keyboard for sending !KeyDown and either continuous or discrete values for !KeyPitch & !KeyTimbre
• A Tonnetz pitch-space with configurable vertical and horizontal intervals
• Pitches can be rounded to equal tempered pitch, rounded only on !KeyDown and continuously variable after that, or, in Strum-mode, triggered when your finger passes by the key
• Trigger or control Sounds with the iPad’s accelerometer measurements in the X, Y, Z directions, as well as controls corresponding with Pitch, Roll and Yaw
• Compass heading from the iPad’s magnetometer tells you which way the iPad is pointing so you can use it for panning and other controls
• Symbolic Sound Kyma X.77 (or newer) with Paca(rana) Sound Computation Engine
• WiFi connection to network accessible to the Paca(rana)
KymaControl is NO LONGER AVAILABLE