One of my all time favorite drum synth apps for iOS just got another update. Elastic Drums, is a music app with 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 fx channels, all tweakable in an elastic way. The sound range is from classical analog beatbox sounds to the weirdest effect drone soundscapes.
What’s New in Version 1.6.2
– iOS 9 ready (Fixed font bug, newest Audiobus)
– Bugfix for crash, when loading a deleted preset
– Jam knob settings get stored for each preset
– Midi in is „understanding“ incoming velocity values now
– Ability to tweak effects with sequencer stopped
– 25 Basic Groove presets by App Sound
– 6 synth channels with 12 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone)
– 12 parameters for each synth engine
– automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
– 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
– automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
– master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
– 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
– record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
– email audio recordings and presets
– iOS 8 supported
– Audiobus supported
– Inter-App audio (IAA) supported with transport control
– Midi start/stop/sync
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
Plans for upcoming versions:
– Midi controller support
– Midi notes recording
– native screen size for iPhone 6, 6+
– new sequencer features (rolls, etc.)
– new synth engines (other percussions, sampler, etc)
CONTACT US!! Have a question and don't see the answer?
iPadLoops On FB | Our music app specialist awaits you.