Elastic Drums announced it will integrate Ableton Link sync into the app by end of November.
Link is a new technology developed by Ableton that lets you play in time with multiple iOS devices and multiple instances of Ableton Live music software over a wireless network. It’s not JUST MIDI over Wi-Fi so don’t worry it actually works and works well based on a new type of development that sends song position and tempo information and that’s all.
How Link works
To set up, just switch on Link, connect to the same network and start jamming. Anyone can start and stop their part while others keep playing. And anyone can adjust the tempo and the rest will follow. No MIDI cables, no installation, just free-flowing sync that works.
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition!
– 6 synth channels with 12 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone)
– 12 parameters for each synth engine
– automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
– 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
– automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
– master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
– 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
– record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
– email audio recordings and presets
– iOS 8 supported
– Audiobus supported
– Inter-App audio (IAA) supported with transport control
– Midi start/stop/sync
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
Plans for upcoming versions:
– Midi notes recording
– native screen size for iPhone 6, 6+
– new sequencer features (rolls, etc.)
– new synth engines (other percussions, sampler, etc)
CONTACT US!! Have a question and don't see the answer?
iPadLoops On FB | Our music app specialist awaits you.