The iPad Loops music app blog is proud to share news about apps from Oliver Greschke in collaboration with Mouse On Mars
If you are a fan of classic electronic music from the 1990s and on you might well be familiar with Mouse On Mars. Oliver Greschke and Mouse On Mars have a lovely iOS app company and one his hottest apps to date is Elastic Drums. Elastic Drums is most definitely a one of a kind in its class. Elastic Drums, is a music app with 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 fx channels, all tweakable in an elastic way. The sound range is from classical analog beatbox sounds to the weirdest effect drone soundscapes.
What’s New in Version 1.6
– Added Audiobus Remote Triggers and a Jam view to jam with you current preset
– Added 2 new synth-engines: bass and drones
– Lots of great new presets from various users
– Polyrhythms possible with new in between time settings in each sequencer
– Improved Song editing: Move pattern by long tap and dropping somewhere else
– Improved Midi synchronization, especially outgoing sync
– Added Midi input channel
– Simplified synced audio recording
– Preset import works again
– 6 synth channels with 12 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone)
– 12 parameters for each synth engine
– automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
– 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
– automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
– master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
– 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
– record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
– email audio recordings and presets
– iOS 8 supported
– Audiobus supported
– Inter-App audio (IAA) supported with transport control
– Midi start/stop/sync
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
Plans for upcoming versions:
– Midi controller support
– Midi notes recording
– native screen size for iPhone 6, 6+
– new sequencer features (rolls, etc.)
– new synth engines (other percussions, sampler, etc)
CONTACT US!! Have a question and don't see the answer?
iPadLoops On FB | Our music app specialist awaits you.