Acid Techno is easy with Troublemaker by Bram Bos. A TB-303 inspired audio unit synthesizer with step sequencer. In this video I will 1) Show you how to create a pattern in Troublemaker and export the midi into Cubasis 2) Use Troublemaker in Cubasis as an audio unit 3) Run Troublemaker through Squashit multi band distortion. I hope you enjoy it! PS – 600 subscribers!! Thank you for the support over the years.
The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you’re after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
It also has the wow.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
– Ableton Link synchronization,
– MIDI CC mapping,
– Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
– Audiobus support
– Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar 😉
The following is a quick start guide for the PPG Phonem iPad voice synthesizer app by Wolfgang Palm. Now if you’re like me you just got this app and said where do I start? It’s a very deep complicated app and I’ve only spent a couple hours with it today so here are some real basic instructions to get Phonem singing for you. There is so much more to this app and it’s capabilities are amazing so please use this video as a starting point and let me know what you have accomplished with the app in the comments below!
PPG Phonem lets the user create expressive vocal synthesis beyond anything ever heard before. With its advanced routing system every aspect of the voice can be controlled and modulated in any conceivable way. Anything from a quiet whisper to a scream. Use the intuitive text to speech tool to make Phonem say whatever you want.
Although the PPG Phonem was originally designed to do just vocal synthesis, it turned out that the system was also capable of producing a wide range of universal synthsizer sounds. So we extended the parameter ranges and made everything accessible to the user, to take advantage of this fact.
▪ Create your own singing style and expressions
▪ Large Phoneme inventory – 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
▪ Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
▪ Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
▪ Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
▪ Pitch track – let your robots sing
▪ Control track – let it cry and shout
▪ Song mode – making it easy to compose your synthesized text
▪ Wave page – create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
▪ Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
▪ All internal parameters available to the user – give your voices a special dialect or individual character
▪ Versatile matrix system – allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
▪ Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
▪ 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
▪ 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
▪ Fully programmable resonator filter – allowing production of new sound effects
▪ Delay/Reverb effect
▪ Overdrive/Distortion effect
▪ A/B compare your edited sounds
▪ AU extension – run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
▪ IAA – inter-app audio support
▪ Audiobus 2 with statesaving
▪ 10 min audio recording and Audio copy to the pasteboard
▪ Redesigned browser with new listing filters
▪ Directly accessible context help for each module
▪ Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
▪ 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
▪ 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel.
Noisepad is a user friendly drum computer, sequencer and beat creator made specifically for live performances and instant result.
It has been designed to give you the most functionality and fun without having to go through a steep learning curve. After installation you’ll find 5 preloaded soundbanks of 12 samples each, ready to start the beat making. You’ll be bouncing your head within 5 minutes, that’s a promise!
The onboard sequencer allows you to program up to 12 patterns on-the-fly, each with their own duration (1 — 99 bars). Switching between patterns is seamless; the sequencer makes sure the next pattern starts when the current has finished. Apply effects to the pattern, mute samples or have them playing solo on your command. Adjust the Beats Per Minute with precision or by tapping at the speed of the beat and add a bit of swing to make the beat feel just right.
It adds a new dimension to your live-sets, parties and all places where you want to make noise. Synchronize the BPM with the music you’re playing and add a little bit of your own flavor to it, or simply trigger the samples by hand. Real-time effects such as pitch, delay, cut-off, phase, reverb and bit-crush will bring your noise to life.
Organize the samples into your own custom soundbanks using the built-in organizer. Once you’re done playing with the packaged samples, the in-app shop provides additional soundpacks to discover or you can load your own samples using iTunes File Sharing for unlimited possibilities.
Noisepad Ver 2.0 is available for $0.99 for a limited time.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.