SoundPrism has to be one of my all time favorite midi controller apps. I am instantly inspired upon touching this app. I first acquired SoundPrism Pro back in 2011 and created a demo video using it to control my Nord Lead 3 (see video below). Now 5 years later we have SoundPrism Link edition. The Link edition allows SoundPrism to sync to other apps and hardware using Live Link by Ableton. Link Edition integrates flawlessly into the new Ableton Link workflow with a totally redesigned sound engine that syncs with other Link enabled apps. This new edition also includes a lot of new sounds and presets. The sound designers behind SoundPrism have always impressed me with their rich beautiful sounds.
Play full arrangements of bass, harmony and melody with just one tap – in sync with all other Link enabled apps.
* Breathtaking multi-timbral sound engine with massive polyphony and great-sounding effects. SoundPrism Link Edition’s sounds are hand-crafted by Swiss sound designer Oliver Imseng to work beautifully with each other.
* Innovative and improved chord input system: effortlessly play inversions and chord progressions while focusing on your track, not on the music theory behind it.
* A ribbon controller for live manipulation of the built-in effects – all in sync with other Ableton Link enabled apps.
* Interactive tutorial system: SoundPrism walks you through its interface and teaches you how to play.
* Supports Audiobus including state saving.
* Supports Core MIDI. You can even split bass, chords and melody by routing different MIDI channels to different MIDI enabled apps or devices.