Dingsaller is a workspace for creating algorithmic compositions. Cool app for only $4.99
Patch together a complex graph of music generating nodes, synths, and effects and control them with a touch.
New RingMod Node
Tempo Increment Controls
– Synths and Sampler Instruments
– Digital Effects
– Pattern Sequencer
– Random Note Generators
– Touch and Tilt Controllers
– MIDI Input and Output
– Audio Copy / Paste
Tim Bolstad Web SiteDingsaller Support
What’s New in Version 1.61
– Chord Node – Automatic chord and arpeggio generation.
– Note passing now handled on independent thread.
– Improved node sizing and layout.
Beatmaker 2 by Intua is a complete electronic music production studio for iPad. It was also the very first app to do this when the iPhone first came out.
– Native iPad interface
– Support for MIDI controllers through CoreMIDI, with MIDI learning and templates
– Instruments parameters automations (LFOs, envelopes, pads settings, etc.)
– MIDI export improved with Control Change (MIDI CC) messages
– New Master track with volume, pan, and 3 FX slots
– Audio input monitoring while recording
– New “Note Repeat” mode
– Pad copy & paste on the drum machine
– Improved memory management
– Info window for monitoring CPU, memory usage, battery and controlling the audio device
– SoundCloud API now uses OAuth2
– Reduce application binary size
– Add support for bluetooth speakers and headphones (A2DP compliant)
– Many improvements in every aspect of the application
– Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine or Keyboard interface
– 10 effect units to choose from: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive.
– 3 effect slots for each instrument, unlimited global effect racks
– Customizable Cross Controller for all effects, to manipulate multiple parameters at once
– CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
– Up to 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 different banks
– Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
– Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
– Low/high pass filter per pad with cutoff and resonance control
– Choose between various pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
– Customizable envelope (ADSR) control for each pad
– Exclusive groups and polyphony management
– “Live” modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
– Pad copy & paste
– 128 keys keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
– Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
– Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
– Low/high pass filter with cutoff, resonance and key tracking
– 2 LFOs with customizable amplitude, offset and rate (synchronizable), controlling volume, pitch and filter parameters
– Polyphony control, with up to 32 voices per keyboard sampler
– Legato play mode with customizable glide
– Keygroup controls: volume, pan, semitones, fine-tune, reverse and one-shot, hold, hold & loop trigger modes
– Create unlimited instrument and FX tracks
– Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
– Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
– Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters, and automations.
– Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
– Includes multiple convenient tools such as zooming
– Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive pinch and selection for manipulating samples
– Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with 8 levels undo/redo
– High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
– Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
– Record new samples from device microphone or plugged instrument
– Loop points and tempo/signature editor
– Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
– Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for individual tracks
LARGE SOUNDBANK INCLUDED:
– 68 Drum Machine presets from all genres
– 111 Keyboard Sampler presets, from synthesizers to realistic orchestral instruments.
– More than 1800 quality samples to choose from
SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS:
– Native iPad & iPhone interfaces, Retina display
– Export your songs to Audio or MIDI files
– Transfer and manage your files from your computer using the integrated FTP server
– Import any songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
– Share audio content with more than 20 other music applications using the iOS pasteboard
– Upload your songs directly to your SoundCloud account
– User friendly file browser and manager, with sample, preset and project tagging for quick lookup
– Supports BeatMaker 1 kits and projects
– Compatible with iRig Mic and iRig Plug Interface for professional audio and vocal recordings
Create magical music with Mixtikl, the most powerful generative music app for mobile devices. Available for iPad and iPhone.
A powerful, deep & unique music lab / instrument.
– Start with a random mix (Menu > New > Random); keep the “parts” you want & add more.
– Customise sounds, FX & Noatikl generative rules & (new) parameters including note patterns.
– Tweet your “mixtikl” for others to enjoy and play / remix / retweet, too!
– Record your mix, copy/paste into e.g. GarageBand or other apps; try out mic recordings.
– From the devs of the SSEYO Koan (1990-2007) & Noatikl (2007-) Generative Music systems.
Computer Music Magazine Review:
“Mixtikl’s end results … are really in a class of their own when it comes to generative music.”
Key features of Mixtikl:
• A unique 12 track cell-sequencer, mixer & “generative music” lab with integral synth
• Includes Tiklpaks with over 380 customisable “parts” & 30 audio loop beats + 50 FX presets
• Includes integral Partikl MIDI DLS wavetable / modular synth for Mixtikl sounds / FX:
– Tone Generators (Oscillator, Particle, Dsynth, Wavetable)
– FX units (Chorus, Reverb, Filter, Distortion, ODrive, Delay, EQ, Compressor, Amp)
– FX control units (LFO, Envelope, Amp);
• Create or customise Partikl synth sounds and FX (synth, cell, track, global) networks
• Includes integral Noatikl generative music engine with ability to customise rules & params
• Use your mix recordings royalty free in films, videos, presentations, cds etc.*
• Copy / Paste audio files via Sonoma AudioCopy & AudioPaste + Apple General Pasteboard
• Export / import fun music mix “mixtikls” – for tweeting, email etc – share your mixes!
• Transfer in / out your own loops, recordings & mix files via iTunes App File Sharing
• Transfer in your own zipped content Paks via iTunes App File Sharing
• Make microphone audio recordings for use in mixes (external mic required if no internal mic)
• Auto time stretch & pitch shift Tiklpak content, plus change mix tempo & root settings
• Set individual track volume & pans, global volume & solo / mute tracks
• Play and record (live or mixdown) at up to CD quality (user configurable, device dependent)
• Extendable with in-app purchasable Tiklpaks of additional audio loops (if required)
* Improved access to mixer from Message / Display Settings Screen
o First top button changed to Vis (tap) and Menu (tap/hold)
o Second top button changed to Mixer (tap) and New Random (tap/hold)
* Fixed: Option to export via Sonoma clipboard re-activated (was always sending to General Pasteboard)
* Fixed: Export to Clipboard: changed to export the Mix URL, not the tweet string
Important: Mixtikl 5 for iOS is for iOS 5+ only. iOS 3.x or iOS 4.x users: If you wish to continue using an earlier version of Mixtikl and cannot update your device to iOS 5, then you should not delete it from your device or from iTunes.
iSequence is a complete mobile music production environment designed to play and compose real music. ?Thanks to intuitive, single screen sequencer and 55 instruments built-in you can easily create, edit and mix your compositions just like in a “big” audio creation software.
iSequence is one of the most powerful music creation studio designed exclusively for iPad.
Thanks to intuitive 8-track sequencer, tons of instruments, flexible mixer with DSP effects you can easily program and record profesional loops, beats and melodies. Now you control every aspect of your music project.
MUSIC IN MOTION
The workflow is extremely fluid, you can now record tracks and control movement in real-time, edit them using step sequencer and automation editor, switch between instruments, tracks and views without stopping playback. You can compose, jam and mix at the same time!
– Use one of 160 built-in instruments: a collection of acoustic instruments, drum kits, pads, leads, sweeps and ambient atmospheres recorded with top classic and modern hardware synthesizers.
– Buy additional banks in the BankShop
– Play using adjustable piano keyboard or large drum pads
– Create custom instruments using built-in sampler.
REAL-TIME RECORDING AND PARAMETERS AUTOMATION
– Record as you play the notes. Change instruments and tracks without stopping playback
– Use metronome and “slow down” mode if you are not a piano virtuoso
– Record parameter changes as you move controls
– 8 tracks and FX curves editor. Instruments are not bound to tracks, so you can play chords or use multiple instruments on a single track
– Edit music events using piano keyboard, drum pads and other controls
– Set note duration, panning, velocity and gliss
– Copy/paste, move and transpose selected area or patterns
– Arrange pattern sequences to create a complete song
MIXER AND EFFECTS
– Adjust tempo, master volume and beat shuffle
– Set level / mute or solo mode for each of the 8 tracks
– Route tracks to one of 5 configurable effect channels. Available effects: Filter, Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Ring Modulator, Equalizer, LO-FI crusher, live looper, Distortion.
– Upload, record or paste samples to create custom instruments.
– Use sample editor to set a looping area, ADSR envelope, sample-mapping
– Powerful loop slicer and automatic tempo synchronization
SHARING FILES OVER WI-FI NETWORK
– Export your work as HSQ, MIDI or WAV
– Import samples and create custom presets
– Copy your tracks to the audio clipboard
– Import HSQ songs
The app is on sale until next update. Was $13.99 now only $6.99 for a limited time. Upcoming features: VA synth, sub-note resolution, full MIDI support.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.