In 2008 I was producing loop kits for an iPhone app called Looptastic. Almost 10 years later I’m producing for Retronyms. Funny how the basic technology is the same. Both Looptastic and Hook read ACIDization meta and do stretching. Back then Looptastic was the only app doing this before GarageBand for iOS. In 1998 I worked at a company called Sonic Foundry editing their loops for Acid Pro. As much as I’d like to escape the loop biz it keeps sucking me back in lol. Anyway excited to announce my latest pack Deep EDM now available in the AudioCopy content store!
Those who know me know I’ve been involved in iOS music content production since the old Looptastic on a 1st gen iPhone and I got my start producing loops back in 1998 when I worked at Sonic Foundry editing for Acid Pro.
KRFT is a new approach to music creation. Build beautiful interfaces from a toolset of musical cells. Make anything from a funky groove box to a full composition, and everything in-between. Open the door to new workflows and inspiration.
*** LAUNCH DISCOUNT – 40% OFF UNTIL 20TH FEB ***
Moving away from the typical 80s multi-track paradigm found in most music making software, KRFT is a unique and inspiring way to create music. By combining a variety of loops, dials, effects and more, you build your own customized musical Surface. These interfaces are a collection of musical functions and ideas that can be controlled and interpreted in real time.
The nature of this workflow allows you to make expressive decisions on-the-fly and create dynamic compositions that would be difficult to achieve in typical music software.
◆ ◆ ◆
MODULAR MUSIC MAKING
Don’t be confined by pre-defined interfaces, make your own rules! Want to build a song? Add loops and groups to build a structure. Need to add a layer of jam-ability? Add drum fills, live effects and filters. Now get jamming!
POWERFUL SOUND ENGINE
A highly optimised and high quality custom sound engine is at the core of KRFT. Choose from 50 Bass presets, 50 Lead presets, 14 Drum Kits & over 50 Sound Effects to make your creations. Go deeper and tweak filters, effects and more to make the sound your own.
Rather than writing a song from start to finish, KRFT lets you play and re-interpret your composition giving you the opportunity to experiment and add flair in real time. Record multiple takes and export them to your favourite audio software or upload online.
I’m excited to announce that today I signed a 12 page contract with Retronyms. I will be producing loop and sample content for their apps Hook and iMPC which will be available through their iOS audiocopy content store. In the past I’ve produced content for the following iOS apps Sound Trends (Looptastic, Studio HD, Meta Dj), Finger Pro LP-5, Noisepad 2.0, Audio Elements, and iPro.DJSampler.
As a loop content producer with almost 20 years of experience I am very pleased to be part of this fantastic new technology and Retronyms is always on the cutting edge. This is why I created my brand “Dj Puzzle” back in 2001. I’m producing puzzle pieces to put together in your music 🙂
For those who don’t know about LP-5 yet it is an extremely fun FREE loop mixing app and you can get my Drum n Bass loop kit as an in app purchase. Fingerpro recently release a new update for the app and it’s even better than before with Link, Audiobux, and a better time stretching algorithm.
What’s New in Version 3.0
– Loop recording from hardware and other apps
– Time stretching by Superpowered
– 40 scenes per set
– iPad Slide Over and Split View Support
– Audiobus I/O
– LinkKit 2.0
– Bug fixes and improvements
Designed for live arranging and remixing, LP-5 allows you to play audio loops from an intuitive launch grid, while automatic tempo synchronization keeps you in time with the beat. Loop recording, real-time stretching, IAA effect hosting, and MIDI connectivity make LP-5 a powerful tool for your studio sessions, live performances, or DJ acts.
– Five individual tracks that synchronize to the current tempo, without affecting the pitch.
– 5×40 launch grid.
– Ableton Link
– Desktop-grade time stretching quality
– In-app store offering royalty-free sound packs.
– Performance Recorder
– Universal support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
SAMPLING & IMPORT (Full version)
– Loop recording from hardware input and other apps (Inter-App Audio, Audiobus).
– Mix and match your own loops of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. beats in length.
– Supported file formats include .wav, .mp3, AAC, and many more. No size limit.
– Import from document providers (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, …), pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing, or via “Open in…”
– Batch import from Zip file
– 2 Inter-App Audio effect slots (Bus A/B).
– IAA timeline sync support in both node and host mode.
– MIDI clock sync/generate support to play along an external MIDI sequencer, drum machine, or DAW.
– Scene launching from a MIDI keyboard.
– Mixer control via MIDI CCs.
– Hands-free scene trigger, tap tempo and start/stop by using a MIDI foot pedal.
– MIDI message routing to and from class-compliant USB hardware, other apps, and WLAN or Bluetooth LE wireless peripherals.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.