Quite possibly the coolest app to come out to date. This takes sampling to a new level of performance. Samplr lets you make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen directly with your fingers. Explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
The sound at your fingertips.
With an interface designed for live performance, Samplr gives the musician quick and precise access to all the instrument functionality at any time. Unlike other apps that try to recreate real life instruments or interaction concepts from traditional computers Samplr was designed from the very beginning for Multi-Touch devices.
A fully fledged instrument.
• 7 different play modes: Slicer, Looper, E-bow, Tape, Scratch, Keyboard and Loop Player.
• 6 simultaneous samples (with 6 voices each).
• 5 sound effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb.
• Gesture recorder.
• High quality audio engine.
• Detailed user guide.
• Import your own samples (WAV) through iTunes.
• Ready to use sample library.
Echo Pad is a real-time Echo effect processor featuring a unique delay + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch device.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces. (Verified up to date list of compatible audio interfaces below.)
Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and noisy, dirty analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions.
Who needs another whack, sterile digital delay to strum generic radio rock riffs with? No one.
Adding to the fun is a no frills sound on sound looper, perfect for quickly looping and layering guitar riffs or vocal melodies, glitching live audio input, building layered ambient soundscapes and more.
Loops can be quickly bounced to an audio file for sharing with other apps.
Echo Pad is a Universal app that supports Audio Copy/Paste (General Pasteboard) for quickly sharing loops and recordings created with Echo Pad with other audio apps, as well as playing back and processing pasted audio from other apps through Echo Pad’s effects. You can also export a loop or recording directly into the AudioShare file management app by using the “Export to AudioShare” functions. This exports your loop or recording directly into the AudioShare app without needing to use AudioCopy/Paste, for a super fast workflow.
Additionally, recordings and loops can be exported to iTunes FIle Sharing for access on your Mac/PC.
– Route main looper through FX. Record into the main looper, then process it. 🙂
– Paste audio into Main Looper. Paste audio to be automatically recorded and looped in the main sound on sound looper.
– Paste audio to scratch loopers. Paste audio from other apps to load directly into the scratch loopers using AudioPaste.
– Export/AudioCopy Scratch Loop to Pasteboard. Export and AudioCopy current contents of scratch loopers to the pasteboard.
– Export Scratch Loop to AudioShare. Export current contents of scratch loopers directly to AudioShare.
– New delay type: “Shimmer” octave up pitch shift delay, inspired by my favorite blue pedal (rhymes with ES-3).
– adjusted UI for better access of controls
– separate Import and Export menus
– delay hi pass/lo pass filter control (the red circle) is now controlled independently, no longer requires first finger to be onscreen.
– “Output L.P. Filter” replaces previous “Input L.P. Filter”. This now filters the master output, and can be modulated by the L.F.O.
* Realtime FX processor designed for live performance and sound design
* Multi-touch XY control of delay parameters for expressive control
* Sound on sound looper for creating layered loops on the fly
* Universal app
* Supports iPhone 5 screen
* supports Background audio
* Works with headphones as well as most iOS and professional USB audio interfaces including:
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– Apogee ONE (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– Apogee GIO (*requires external power thru USB hub)
– many more
* Audio Copy and Paste for sharing loops and recordings made within Echo Pad, as well as playback and process pasted audio from other apps using Echo Pad in realtime. (General Pasteboard)
* supports NEW “Export to AudioShare” functionality.
Loops and recordings created with Echo Pad can be exported directly to the AudioShare app for easy audio file management.
* recordings & loops are exported to iTunes File Sharing for access on your Mac/PC
Sound design and Control:
* 4 delay types – Tape/analog echo, 8-bit, Rising, Reverse
* LFO assignable to delay time, input filter, volume. Great for subtle to extreme modulated echoes.
*Control delay time, feedback, and echo high pass and low pass filters with XY control. (dual touch, more gestures coming in updates.)
*Toggle slider control panels for access to full parameters.
* Save and recall effect settings.
*BPM sync for rhythmic delays.
*Tap tempo to set delay time and global BPM.
*Sound on sound looper for quickly capturing and layering sound.
Clip it. Loop it. Mix it. Drop it. Musaico is the most streamlined interface for recording and remixing music. Record, loop, layer, and remix sounds in real time, from layering guitar parts to looping rap beats. Designed and optimized as a universal app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch platforms, you can record your musical ideas quickly and intuitively from anywhere.
Musaico features a new compositional paradigm consisting of integrated loop-based and timeline-based approaches. First, quickly record or import sound material, organize it, and loop it. Experiment with sounds by instantly triggering clips that will automatically play in time together. Then, drag clips into the timeline to create compositions with multitracker precision and control. Export those compositions back into loops and continue to refine your ideas in real time! When running on the iPhone, Musaico offers all of the features as for the iPad, except for the timeline features.
What’s New in Version 2.3
NEW FEATURE: Live Mode
Use the iPad’s processing to its fullest extent by triggering samples like a traditional hardware sampler
– Enter Live Mode by tapping the Production/Live switch. Your clips and groups will become arranged into a grid of large buttons.
– Clips will begin playing the moment your finger touches the screen. Stop playing or adjust loop settings with the control buttons. Adjust volume for each clip with the volume indicator control.
– Move clips around in the grid by tapping the Lock/Unlock switch, then dragging the clips around.
– For a higher degree of control, switch back to Production mode, tap the upper left button on a clip or group, the Edit Quantization to OFF, 1/8, 1/4, or 4/4. Now while in Live Mode, the clip will trigger immediately (OFF), or exactly on the half beat (1/8), full beat (1/4), or each 4th beat (4/4).
Now you can edit a clip by tapping on the upper left hand corner of each clip to edit, duplicate, set quantization or delete the clip.
Features included in Musaico:
– Real time, instant touch-and-play control interface. Record, play, import, and edit sound material without interrupting the audio stream
– Automatic beat alignment – sound material plays in time together
– Automatic or manual play speed adjustment
– Import from iPod library (supports non-DRM .m4a, .mp3, .aac, .caf, and .wav)
– Import from iOS clipboard using audio paste
– Precisely edit sound material with dynamic, real time waveform views – pinch to zoom, swipe to scroll, and tap to play
– Group sound material to play in time together
– Multiple timeline arrangement views with mute and solo, track volume, and metronome controls (iPad only)
– Export themes from timeline into loop-based clips (iPad only)
– Share clips, clip groups, or timeline themes via e-mail (.wav or .m4a formats for iPad, .m4a for iPhone)
– Demo projects included (3 for iPad and 1 for iPhone)
Guitar Loops is an easy to use looper station with slick design and great low latency audio engine.
Designed from guitarists for guitarists.
Record your guitar, bass, drums, keyboard or any other music line and play the new line on top of the recorded to evolve your music.
You can use your iRig, GuitarJack, Peavey AmpKit LiNK, Apogee Jam or any other similar device to connect your guitar for ultimate experience.
Perfect companion to create great solos over your awesome lead guitar riffs.
– Set BPM, BEATS, COUNT-IN seconds, number of LOOPS
– Set METRONOME SIGNATURE – 2/4, 3/4, 4/4
– PASS THROUGH Option
– INPUT and OUTPUT gain level
– TRIM your recording
– very accurate waveform
chipPad IS ON SALE! ONE OF THE VERY FIRST iPad MUSIC APPS IS NOW 66% OFF UNTIL 2012! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
chipPad is a multi-track sample and loop playback and performance application.
It is made for the musician who creates loop-based music and is looking to experiment with on-the-fly arrangements or to glitch it up a notch. This application does not make music for you – you need to provide the clips that you create with your other instruments.
By adding your own pre-cut loops on up to 8 tracks you can perform using various “grid-based” controller techniques and develop new ones that are only capable on a multi-touch device.
Sliding one or multiple fingers back and forth on various tracks or tapping rhythms like on a drum machine can yield some amazing results you can’t hear elsewhere.
chipPad comes with a few sample sessions to get you started. Simply select Help from the Gear menu to get started or load your own AIF or WAV audio files into the app using File Sharing via iTunes.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
8 stereo tracks · AIF/WAV support · up to 128 steps per track · saves sessions and loads them quickly · quarter/half/double speed · 4 mute groups · bit mode · loop mode · reverse · per track volume faders · per track mute & solo · microfades · optional track display · master volume fader · scenes · multi-touch · portrait or landscape · practically zero latency · built-in help and sample sessions · made for musicians who create their own music · supports audio files of practically any length · manage audio files using file sharing via iTunes · load audio, create some sessions, take it with you and jam on the commute · amazing performance feel
ChipPad is available for $0.99 for a limited time.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.