For those who don’t know about LP-5 yet it is an extremely fun FREE loop mixing app and you can get my Drum n Bass loop kit as an in app purchase. Fingerpro recently release a new update for the app and it’s even better than before with Link, Audiobux, and a better time stretching algorithm.
What’s New in Version 3.0
– Loop recording from hardware and other apps
– Time stretching by Superpowered
– 40 scenes per set
– iPad Slide Over and Split View Support
– Audiobus I/O
– LinkKit 2.0
– Bug fixes and improvements
Designed for live arranging and remixing, LP-5 allows you to play audio loops from an intuitive launch grid, while automatic tempo synchronization keeps you in time with the beat. Loop recording, real-time stretching, IAA effect hosting, and MIDI connectivity make LP-5 a powerful tool for your studio sessions, live performances, or DJ acts.
– Five individual tracks that synchronize to the current tempo, without affecting the pitch.
– 5×40 launch grid.
– Ableton Link
– Desktop-grade time stretching quality
– In-app store offering royalty-free sound packs.
– Performance Recorder
– Universal support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
SAMPLING & IMPORT (Full version)
– Loop recording from hardware input and other apps (Inter-App Audio, Audiobus).
– Mix and match your own loops of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. beats in length.
– Supported file formats include .wav, .mp3, AAC, and many more. No size limit.
– Import from document providers (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, …), pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing, or via “Open in…”
– Batch import from Zip file
– 2 Inter-App Audio effect slots (Bus A/B).
– IAA timeline sync support in both node and host mode.
– MIDI clock sync/generate support to play along an external MIDI sequencer, drum machine, or DAW.
– Scene launching from a MIDI keyboard.
– Mixer control via MIDI CCs.
– Hands-free scene trigger, tap tempo and start/stop by using a MIDI foot pedal.
– MIDI message routing to and from class-compliant USB hardware, other apps, and WLAN or Bluetooth LE wireless peripherals.