Gestrument and ScaleGen let you go far deeper into any genre you choose, or even further out to create your own new styles. With full and deep music theoretical control you can then intuitively improvise within the framework of the “musical DNA” you have created.
Gestrument – the revolutionary gesture instrument is an award winning app that lets you delve into practically any musical style with just the swipe of your finger.
ScaleGen redefines musical scales by letting you generate and edit scale in almost limitless ways.
With the combination of both apps you can delve deeper into any kind of “musical DNA” and even use any MIDI file as a base for a new composition. Explore music in completely new ways with Gestrument and ScaleGen.
What’s New in Version 1.2.1
• Fix bugs related to Audiobus support
• Fix deletion of MIDI recordings
• Other minor improvements and fixes
• Play and compose music with the swipe of your finger
• Generate music within defined scales and rhythms
• Improvise freely within a fully controlled musical framework
• Use the internal GM sound bank or your favorite MIDI synthesizer, or load your own sf2 soundfonts.
• Use Gestrument to control other iOS apps or external MIDI programs through a MIDI interface (CoreMidi enabled) or Network MIDI
• MIDI clock out let’s you sync with sequencers and DAW’s
• Create and save your own presets and share with your friends or download new presets from www.gestrument.com
• Record what you play to audio and MIDI file
• Export recordings to AudioShare – audio document manager
• Copy recordings with AudioCopy
• Play back previous recordings, optionally looping
• Use Gestrument as a source synth in Audiobus
• Allow mixing with other apps, for example play a track in the Music app and play along with it in Gestrument.
Improvise or compose within the scales and rhythms you choose. Use parameters like pulse density, scale morphing, rhythm randomness or pitch fluctuation to find new paths for your musical expression and creativity. Use the tutorials or define your own settings to fit the musical style you want to play and compose in. Play on up to eight instruments at once – all with different individual settings.
Gestrument works equally well for rhythmic music or sweeping soundscapes, for solo melodies or chord blocks, for long lines or short staccatos. It can help you make music in whichever genre you can imagine.
Gestrument works directly with its built in sounds and is therefore perfect for the amateur or beginner who wants to make music in an intuitive way. But it is first and foremost built for professional musicians and composers who can work with the settings to build advanced theoretical frameworks that they can later improvise or compose within.
Gestrument is available for $7.99
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.