Transform your voice with RoboVox and have your voice sound scary or funny, musical, evil or like a robot! RoboVox is a voice recorder and voice changing app using vocoder technology.
Choose among 24 different voice styles and jam with the pitch and modulation settings by sliding your finger across the X-Y control field.
Modify your voice live with your headphones on, record your voice and play it back transformed or use the parrot mode that repeats your altered voice automatically.
Save your recording, send it via email or share it directly on Facebook* or SoundCloud.
What’s New in Version 1.6.1
- Fixed arrows to browse different voice models.
- Added long press gesture on the voice model to open coarse and fine tuning page. Each voice model can be tuned individually.
- 24 voice models such as Pitch Shift (Chipmunk, Helium voice), Discobot, Badman, Exorcist, Bionic, Croack, Singing Robot, Dark, HAL, Stephen, Prophet
- X-Y control field for modifying pitch and modulation
- 3 different modes: real-time, parrot and recording
- Real-time mode (with headphones)
- Voice recording
- Share your results directly on Facebook* or SoundCloud
- Email your creations as WAV files
- Play RoboVox by connecting a MIDI keyboard
- Vocoder with real-time FFT spectral analysis
Echo Pad is a real-time Echo effect processor featuring a unique delay + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch device.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces. (Verified up to date list of compatible audio interfaces below.)
Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and noisy, dirty analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions.
Who needs another whack, sterile digital delay to strum generic radio rock riffs with? No one.
Adding to the fun is a no frills sound on sound looper, perfect for quickly looping and layering guitar riffs or vocal melodies, glitching live audio input, building layered ambient soundscapes and more.
Loops can be quickly bounced to an audio file for sharing with other apps.
Echo Pad is a Universal app that supports Audio Copy/Paste (General Pasteboard) for quickly sharing loops and recordings created with Echo Pad with other audio apps, as well as playing back and processing pasted audio from other apps through Echo Pad’s effects. You can also export a loop or recording directly into the AudioShare file management app by using the “Export to AudioShare” functions. This exports your loop or recording directly into the AudioShare app without needing to use AudioCopy/Paste, for a super fast workflow.
Additionally, recordings and loops can be exported to iTunes FIle Sharing for access on your Mac/PC.
- Route main looper through FX. Record into the main looper, then process it.
- Paste audio into Main Looper. Paste audio to be automatically recorded and looped in the main sound on sound looper.
- Paste audio to scratch loopers. Paste audio from other apps to load directly into the scratch loopers using AudioPaste.
- Export/AudioCopy Scratch Loop to Pasteboard. Export and AudioCopy current contents of scratch loopers to the pasteboard.
- Export Scratch Loop to AudioShare. Export current contents of scratch loopers directly to AudioShare.
- New delay type: “Shimmer” octave up pitch shift delay, inspired by my favorite blue pedal (rhymes with ES-3).
- adjusted UI for better access of controls
- separate Import and Export menus
- delay hi pass/lo pass filter control (the red circle) is now controlled independently, no longer requires first finger to be onscreen.
- “Output L.P. Filter” replaces previous “Input L.P. Filter”. This now filters the master output, and can be modulated by the L.F.O.
* Realtime FX processor designed for live performance and sound design
* Multi-touch XY control of delay parameters for expressive control
* Sound on sound looper for creating layered loops on the fly
* Universal app
* Supports iPhone 5 screen
* supports Background audio
* Works with headphones as well as most iOS and professional USB audio interfaces including:
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (*requires external power thru USB hub)
- Apogee ONE (*requires external power thru USB hub)
- Apogee GIO (*requires external power thru USB hub)
- many more
* Audio Copy and Paste for sharing loops and recordings made within Echo Pad, as well as playback and process pasted audio from other apps using Echo Pad in realtime. (General Pasteboard)
* supports NEW “Export to AudioShare” functionality.
Loops and recordings created with Echo Pad can be exported directly to the AudioShare app for easy audio file management.
* recordings & loops are exported to iTunes File Sharing for access on your Mac/PC
Sound design and Control:
* 4 delay types – Tape/analog echo, 8-bit, Rising, Reverse
* LFO assignable to delay time, input filter, volume. Great for subtle to extreme modulated echoes.
*Control delay time, feedback, and echo high pass and low pass filters with XY control. (dual touch, more gestures coming in updates.)
*Toggle slider control panels for access to full parameters.
* Save and recall effect settings.
*BPM sync for rhythmic delays.
*Tap tempo to set delay time and global BPM.
*Sound on sound looper for quickly capturing and layering sound.
★★★ Special 50% off sale to celebrate the release of our first app! Get it now! ★★★
Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software is a powerful and affordable retro themed drum computer for iOS that works great on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Beat-Machine combines a simple X0X style sequencer with a robust and flexible sampler to give you maximum control over your beats. Sample or import your own sounds, trim them, edit them, add some effect, and chain patterns together. Choose from 16 or 24 bit!
★ Sound sampler with reverse, sample trim, interpolation, ADSR and filter
★ 16 Levels mode for pitching samples to create melodies
★ Full mixer with volume, pan and 2 FX sends per pad (Delay, Reverb)
★ Mute grid for programming samples to mute other samples
★ Import any 16/24 bit WAV via iTunes file sharing
★ Create custom kits and save them
★ 16 step multi touch pattern sequencer
★ Adjustable pitch and velocity per step
★ Create and save custom patterns
★ Create patterns in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/8 or 7/8 time signature
★ Up to 99 measures per pattern
★ Beat quantize adjustment slider
★ Adjustable latency and sample rate
★ Background audio
★ MIDI IN, MIDI OUT supported through CoreMIDI accessories and WiFi
★ Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Example drum kits and patterns are included to get you started!
Stay tuned for:
☆ Song mode
☆ Sample record
☆ Audio file export
☆ Audio copy / paste
Beat-Machine is available for $0.99 for a limited time.
Open Music App Collaboration (or OMAC) is a set of features that music apps should implement so that they can be linked together via MIDI and run at the same time, in sync with each other. So far only a handful of apps support this, but the number is growing steadily. These features include:
Creation of virtual MIDI ports for each application
Supports MIDI Input and Output
Supporting MIDI Sync messages if your app has an arpeggiator or other tempo based features
Optionally continuing to run in the background when the user switches apps so that it can still respond to or send MIDI
Supporting MIDI CC’s. Volume, Pan, and CC’s for parameters and knobs are important. Apps should both send and receive CC’s.
The option to set a Channel that the app listens for (don’t just do Omni).
Dialogs for managing connections between app and Network sessions
Network MIDI support (optional). App should at least specify if it supports it.
MidiBridge is one of the many apps that now supports OMAC for remotely switching apps. It is a comprehensive MIDI tool that iOS is missing and absolutely essential for anyone using MIDI with an iDevice.
It’s a backgroundable virtual MIDI patchbay/router/manipulator that interconnects all MIDI interfaces (external, virtual and network) on an iOS device at a fraction of the cost of equivalent hardware.
What’s New in Version 1.42
- New App Selector module to bind incoming MIDI messages (user specifiable) to invoke fast-switching via MIDI to/from OMAC apps. See our website for full details and a demo video on our youtube channel.
- Support for OMAC fast-switching via MIDI messages.
We thought this was a pretty cool and useful new feature! You can use TouchOSC and and iPhone or iPad Touch to control as well as a midi controller device.
- Connect any MIDI in to any MIDI out (including merge and clone)
- Add full CoreMIDI compatibility to Synthstation 25 and Midi Mobilizer I
- Go wireless between any iDevice or connect to Mac or PC
- Interconnect just about any CoreMIDI virtual app
- Apply keyboard splits, velocity curves and other useful MIDI functions on any MIDI port
MIDI DEVICE SUPPORT
- All CoreMIDI physical devices
- Akai Synthstation 25
- Line6 Midi Mobilizer I
- CoreMIDI network (as a session originator or receiver to/from Mac or PC)
- CoreMIDI virtual ports (to/from other apps)
- Runs in background
- Visual indication of connections, MIDI events received/sent/blocked and CoreMIDI network
- Full OMAC music app fast-switch support
- Support for H-Pi microtonal keyboards, including U-PLEX via USB
- Block/allow event filtering by type (Note/Program/Controller/Sysex/Aftertouch/TimeSong) and MIDI channel
- Initiates CoreMIDI network connections from iDevice
- Save/recall module presets
- Keeps track of MIDI interfaces and restores connections/modules automatically
- Streamlined efficient code passes/filters events very quickly
*NEW* – EVENT MANIPULATION (on every MIDI port)
- Velocity curve
- Keyboard range split
- Note remap
- Note transpose
- Velocity split
- Channel remap
- Controller remap
- Drive most CoreMIDI apps (eg. Animoog, GarageBand, SampleTank, BeatMaker) from a Synthstation 25 or original Midi Mobilizer
- Connect Geo synth to SampleTank (see Jordan Rudess on youtube)
- Filter out active sense messages from instruments
- With a powered hub and Apple CCK, connect multiple USB class compliant MIDI devices and route between them
- Connect your battery operated keyboard/drum controller (or SynthStation) to your iDevice and connect wirelessly to perform cable-free
- Connect a MIDI transport surface wirelessly to your computer and move around your studio controlling your DAW transport
- Duplicate MIDI events from one external device to another and to a remote MIDI destination wirelessly at the same time
- Use as an inline MIDI filter, cloner, merger or splitter
- Connect apps that have CoreMIDI network support but no virtual MIDI support to virtual ports by connecting to ‘localhost’ to create a loopback virtual interface (see our website)
Browse our website for a wealth of information to get to grips with CoreMIDI, OMAC and MidiBridge. The full manual for MidiBridge and helpful guides are available there for you to assess whether MidiBridge is suitable for you before you purchase. You’ll find step-by-step recipes for common situations and links to videos too. If you search MidiBridge on youtube there are a host of end-user videos showing how to configure MidiBridge for different situations. Do also contact us if you are unsure about anything and we’ll assess whether MidiBridge will do the job.
Note: iOS5 is recommended and essential for running the Synthstation and Midi Mobilizer I in the background. CoreMIDI available in iOS4.2 and up (although MidiBridge will run on iOS3).
Clip it. Loop it. Mix it. Drop it. Musaico is the most streamlined interface for recording and remixing music. Record, loop, layer, and remix sounds in real time, from layering guitar parts to looping rap beats. Designed and optimized as a universal app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch platforms, you can record your musical ideas quickly and intuitively from anywhere.
Musaico features a new compositional paradigm consisting of integrated loop-based and timeline-based approaches. First, quickly record or import sound material, organize it, and loop it. Experiment with sounds by instantly triggering clips that will automatically play in time together. Then, drag clips into the timeline to create compositions with multitracker precision and control. Export those compositions back into loops and continue to refine your ideas in real time! When running on the iPhone, Musaico offers all of the features as for the iPad, except for the timeline features.
What’s New in Version 2.3
NEW FEATURE: Live Mode
Use the iPad’s processing to its fullest extent by triggering samples like a traditional hardware sampler
- Enter Live Mode by tapping the Production/Live switch. Your clips and groups will become arranged into a grid of large buttons.
- Clips will begin playing the moment your finger touches the screen. Stop playing or adjust loop settings with the control buttons. Adjust volume for each clip with the volume indicator control.
- Move clips around in the grid by tapping the Lock/Unlock switch, then dragging the clips around.
- For a higher degree of control, switch back to Production mode, tap the upper left button on a clip or group, the Edit Quantization to OFF, 1/8, 1/4, or 4/4. Now while in Live Mode, the clip will trigger immediately (OFF), or exactly on the half beat (1/8), full beat (1/4), or each 4th beat (4/4).
Now you can edit a clip by tapping on the upper left hand corner of each clip to edit, duplicate, set quantization or delete the clip.
Features included in Musaico:
- Real time, instant touch-and-play control interface. Record, play, import, and edit sound material without interrupting the audio stream
- Automatic beat alignment – sound material plays in time together
- Automatic or manual play speed adjustment
- Import from iPod library (supports non-DRM .m4a, .mp3, .aac, .caf, and .wav)
- Import from iOS clipboard using audio paste
- Precisely edit sound material with dynamic, real time waveform views – pinch to zoom, swipe to scroll, and tap to play
- Group sound material to play in time together
- Multiple timeline arrangement views with mute and solo, track volume, and metronome controls (iPad only)
- Export themes from timeline into loop-based clips (iPad only)
- Share clips, clip groups, or timeline themes via e-mail (.wav or .m4a formats for iPad, .m4a for iPhone)
- Demo projects included (3 for iPad and 1 for iPhone)
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.