Do you know Ondes Martenot? “Petites Ondes” is the world’s first iPad application that reproduces the classical electronic musical instrument Ondes Martenot. You can play it casually during a break for coffee. Thanks to @skipnotestudio for this cool iPad instrument replica. We love the sound and features on this app. Maybe he will send us one for free! Anyway I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1. Touche (for dynamics control)
2. Playing with keyboard (Clavier)
3. Playing with ring (Bague)
4. Keyboard vibrating
5. Manual vibrato (using accelerometer)
4. timbres select (8, N, C, O, g, G)
5. trill buttons (minor 2nd, major 3rd, and 5th with just intonation)
6. Reverb effect
7. Pitch correction function
8. Help function
For expressive playing, put iPad on your knee.
You might find it difficult to play at first because you may not have experience playing the real Ondes Martenot. Don’t be discouraged, a little practice will make you an Ondist!
Ondes Martenot can play a single tone. Right hand: to control the pitch. Left hand: to control dynamics. To produce a sound, you have to touch the “touche”(for control dynamics). But, you can control dynamics with it’s touch pressure sensor. This method is used to simulate the real “touche”. Let’s try it with help function is ON.
Orphion by Bastus Trump is a musical instrument with a unique sound between string instrument and percussion. Everyone can play expressive, wonderful sounds and easy or virtuosic melodies on it just by moving fingers on virtual pads.
We love this instrument. So cool. Great for Deep House, IDM, Ambient, and whatever!
What’s New in Version 1.2
– Record and share via EMail, AudioCopy or upload to Sound Cloud
– 2 new padlayouts (Wholetones, Octave shell)
– MIDI support
– 3 new pad layouts (harmonic minor, chromatic columns, lydian mood)
– High resolution graphics for the new iPad
What can I do with it?
• Express the sounds you feel
• Crazy drumming
• Dream and relax
• Create soundscapes and melodies without musical knowledge
• Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
• Natural interaction
• Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
• 9 transposable pad-layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex (Five, Bluesscale, Pentawheel, Piano, Guitar Strings, 5ths circle, 3rd Matrix, Bassdrums, Waterdrops)
• 8 individual voices for 8 fingers (4 on iPad 1)
Gliss lets you play sound files and mix them easily by drawing on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
With gliss you can load your sounds and draw them on the gliss sequencer in a quick, intuitive way that lets you make music on the fly.
Play your mix using a tempo or scrub through by tilting your iPhone. The agility of gliss allows you to improvise and perform using the iPhone as a controller and interface.
Launch gliss and experience an hybrid of a sequencer, a game, an instrument and a generative music system.
Put sound under your fingertips with 5 different colors to draw notes, sequences and sounds.
Users giving us less stars might have expected a cheap version of yet another 16 step sequencer. Be prepared for a different approach on sound creation!
List of features:
• 5 colors to draw different sounds / samples / voices
• sample upload via wifi
• sample playback in different pitches using various scales
• physical tilt-controlled playhead, which adapts movements of the hand
• physical randomization option: control random pitches with the phone’s tilt
• muting voices
• glissandi over several octaves
• free or grid enabled placement of notes
• drifting selections
• saving / opening of projects
• let your mp3s play in the background using iPhone’s standard iPod App
• multiple sheets to draw your sounds on
• Sample Sets: A new instrument, which takes a list of samples and puts them on the y axis. So instead of controlling the frequency, multiple samples can be played by one colour. This can be used to create beats and rhythms, because you can have one drum set on one colour. Currently samples are played back in full length, although they are represented only by one dot.
• New Scheduler. The new scheduler is much more accurate and makes it possible to set the tempo by BPM and different types of meters.
• Back to original sequence. With a double tap on the randomization button, you can restore the original sequence. In a similar way you can get back to a default tempo, which can be set in the preferences, by double tapping the tempo button.
• Recording. You can now record your perfromance. Double tap on the playback mode button to start recording.
• Sequence organisation. Tap on the sequence number and you get a table with all sequences of the project. Here you can also change the position of a sequence, duplicate or delete it.
• Change direction but keep tempo. When you lock the tempo, you can now still change the direction. This is the current default.
• Slightly re-designed user interface.
• Upload zip files of samples.
• Soundcloud support: Share your recordings on soundcloud.
• Free samples: download hundreds of samples from soundcloud’s OPLC sample library for free!
• Please note that earlier projects might not work a 100%. So make sure you backup everything.
Legendary keyboardist from rock band Dream Theater wishes everyone a happy new year. His gift to you is a short performance of Auld Lang Syne which he performs on his iPad app MorphWiz.
MorphWiz is the second app to bear the Jordan Rudess name. MorphWiz is partly inspired by the Haken Continuum Fingerboard, a radically innovative and revolutionary MIDI instrument that Jordan uses on stage and in the studio with Dream Theater.
Like the Continuum, Jordan Rudess’ MorphWiz is a vertical grid based musical instrument that allows a whole new level of expressive control!
If you’re a beginner, you’ll love experimenting with all of the presets, but if you’re a professional musician, you will soon be blown away by one of the coolest methods of controlling sound that you’ve ever laid hands on.
Jordan states, “Our goal was to create an instrument that would allow the seamless morphing of the audio and visual domain while delivering a seamless musical experience. I believe the iPhone/iPad multitouch platform opens up a whole new world of creation of electronic musical instruments and we’re proud MorphWiz is our first major offering. My experience and involvement with the Haken Continuum and extraordinary Bebot app brought to life an advanced pitch control system that is still uncharted territory for many in today’s music instrument world. This is the heart of MorphWiz.”
MorphWiz video tutorials:
Over 80 Jordan Rudess-created patches
•Assign audio waveforms as visual shapes to the grid and morph between them with your fingers on the grid or the accelerometer
•Advanced pitch control allows the player to round the pitch of the initial attack of any note. It also recognizes when your finger stops after a slide, and rounds your notes to the nearest diatonic pitch
•Rounding pitch on initial attack and/or after a slide
•Independent control for up to 10 simultaneous notes
•Finger Vibrato Effect (FVE) where you can achieve vibrato even when lock pitch is selected and the pitch is snapping to the grid!
•Velocity Controlled Animation (VCA) in sync with your musical performance
•Trippy full-color, animated particles, fire, and ring effects visually radiate under your fingertips and contain real time pitch information
•Choose from a wide variety of scales and chords to assign to the playing surface with easy customization
•Choose to display names of notes or intervals to help guide you
•Performance controls include octave shift, pitch lock on/off, record to delay buffer on/off, infinity delay setting on/off, and multi-function slider
•Unison detuning effect with separate pan control for that classic analog thickness
•FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesis can be assigned to the vertical grid or accelerometer
•Wave Sync Synthesis (WSS) can also be assigned to the vertical grid or accelerometer
•Adjustable note attack and release time
•Infinite-Track Loop (ITL) recorder features user-selectable measures and beats.
•FX include digital delay, stereo chorus, and tremolo
Jordan Rudess: Wizdom Music, LLC Web SiteMorphWiz Support
What’s New in Version 1.1.2
– added VoiceOver labels to all controls
– updated graphics rendering to improve performance
– updated pitch handling code to improve performance and eliminate glitches
TC-11 is the fully programmable, professional multi-touch synthesizer for the iPad. Choose from the 64 included presets, or build your own using touch controls, device motion, and on-board modules. Create music with the next evolution of synthesizer control.
This app is great. It’s a staff favorite here at iPadLoops.
What’s New in Version 1.5
– 32 new presets!
– option to run audio while the app is in the background
– patch preview window in the Load / Save view
– AM depth starting volume (patch option)
– sequencers can lock steps between themselves
– sequencers playback buttons
– fixed audio drop out when switching apps
– fixed module connection errors
– multiple ahdsr bugs fixed
– multiple lfo bugs fixed
– multiple sequencer bugs fixed
– fixed custom grids sometimes not appearing
– fixed Controllers Used table errors
– touch preview activity prevents rotation
– fixed Patch Gain parameter controller display bug
– fixed gyroscope pitch clipping
New effect: phaser!
New effect: reverb!
25 new controllers, including:
Distance to point starting position
Distance to group center
Angle to group center
Rotation around group center
Average distances to touches, center, group center
Random values when touches began / ended / moved
4 new color sets
Downsampler, waveshaper, and phaser can be used together
New ‘General’ settings tab
Order patches by date or name
live patch preview while editing
sequencer rate can be set to BPM
Built-in recording (up to ten minutes}
There are no on-screen knobs, keys, or sliders to fiddle with; all synthesis is driven by your multi-touch performance. Touch relationships like distances / angles / timings perform all the controller functions. It’s just you and the full screen multi-touch performance area.
EVERY synthesis parameter can be controlled by ANY multi-touch controller. The patch possibilities are limitless!
DEVICE MOTION CONTROL:
Use the iPad’s accelerometer, gyroscope, and even the compass to attack your synthesis patch! Tilt and move the iPad to change any filter, effect, or module. You can create real vibrato by moving the iPad during performance, or change the speed of a sequencer by tilting forward and backward!
TC-11 has 8 voice polyphony for full, real-time synthesis. The audio engine has been highly optimized to deliver crisp, responsive performance. Choose from 22 oscillator waveforms, 3 oscillator types, 3 filter types, 4 unique effects, amplitude modulation, and panning control.
Fully programmable AHDSR, LFO, and sequencer modules make TC-11 the most capable iOS synthesizer in the world.
Use TC-11 in your band during live performances. Add TC-11 into your laptop orchestra. Experiment and create with the next evolution of synthesizer control!
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.