Protein Der Klang is a fresh audio sampler fit for public performances.
Play, record and manipulate your audio samples on stage or in your bed using an intuitive multi-touch musical application.
- Play with 12 simultaneous samples on the 3 coloured tracks.
- Scratch, revert, slice, pause, fade & resync up to 4 clips on each track.
- Play with an effect on each track & a master effect.
- 5 sound effects: Crusher, Repeater, Delay, Phaser, LP Filter.
- Import and export your samples and patches using iTunes Sharing.
- Record live loops from audio-input and internal mixer.
- Exclusive playback resync feature.
- BPM-synced clip trigger and playback & metronome.
- Smart controls for faster actions.
- Low latency audio engine.
- 4 fresh demo patches.
- 140+ audio samples included.
- Support for 16bit wav samples.
- Embedded user manual and feedback.
One of my all time favorite apps here. Samplr lets you make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen directly with your fingers. Explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
What’s New in Version 1.2.1
• Fixed crashes when using Multitasking Gestures.
• Fixed loading of 32-bit (int) WAVE files.
• Filter can be reset when it becomes silent.
• Improved UI contrast.
• Manual corrections.
• Performance improvements.
Audiobus support improved:
• Recordings can be quantized to bars.
• Added support for buffer size changes.
• Fixed REC button not active when recording from a filter.
With an interface designed for live performance, Samplr gives the musician quick and precise access to all the instrument functionality at any time. Unlike other apps that try to recreate real life instruments or interaction concepts from traditional computers Samplr was designed from the very beginning for Multi-Touch devices.
• 7 different play modes: Slicer, Looper, E-bow, Tape, Scratch, Keyboard and Loop Player.
• 6 simultaneous samples (with 6 voices each).
• 5 sound effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb.
• Audio input recording and resampling.
• Background Audio to play along other instruments.
• Ready to use sample library.
• User manual included.
• WAV and AIFF files supported.
• Audiobus Input and Output.
• Sonoma AudioCopy and AudioPaste.
PPG WaveMapper is the second next-generation iOS based synth from Wolfgang Palm, who in 2012 released the PPG WaveGenerator to critical acclaim from both press and public.
In final development the PPG WaveMapper offers iPad users a second synthesiser to compliment the already loved PPG WaveGenerator from Wolfgang Palm. PPG WaveMapper allows the user the opportunity to create limitless sounds from this unique and powerful new technology.
PPG WaveMapper features the Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, more importantly the PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
The Mapping window is the visualisation of a pool of programs on which “modules” float. Those modules represent certain parameters of the synthesiser engine and each module can be placed on one of 32 programs. The moment an item is placed on map then the parameters of that module will take on the settings of those parameters in the underlying program on the Mapping window.
People who do not posses synth-programming skills can use this mapping technology as a starting point to create complex sounds. For example a user can drag a string sound source onto a drum envelope, or a guitar sound onto a string envelope – the concept is simple, yet incredibly powerful.
Power users can delve deep into the back end of any sound using a full set of professional features;
▪New Sound map concept – create new sounds playful and experimental
▪3 types of synthesis – the optimal type for kind of each sounds
▪Classic wavetables – for the typical PPG sounds
▪Time compressed samples – more authentic sounds, allowing analysis of user samples
▪Pure samples – classic sample playback Analyzer – convert your own samples into the new format or into wavetables
▪3 oscillators capable for totally independent sound sources
▪90 sound resources – a huge sound palette, from real instruments to abstract wavetables
▪4 parameter editor pages – comfortable and detailed access to all the parameters
▪3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
▪Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
▪Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
▪13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise
▪gain and panning
▪4 LFOs – with 5 waveforms
▪Schematic touch keyboard – Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
▪Powerful sound browser – sorting by category, bank management
▪Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and controllers.
▪10 min audio recording and Audio copy.
The long awaited iMPC drum machine app by Akai is finally here. Limited time $6.99 introductory price!
Turn your iPad into an MPC. With more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring all the functionality of a classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
• Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
• Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
• Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
• Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor
The iMPC is available for $6.99 for a limited time.
Sir Sampleton is an easy to use sampling musical keyboard that allows you to record sounds through the microphone and then play them on dual piano keyboards. You can sample your voice, your pets, synthesizers, drums, or anything that makes noise. Samples can be looped and customized, and the app includes a rhythm machine to accompany your music.
Sampleton’s warm sound and simple interface are inspired by sampling Casio and Yamaha keyboards of the 80′s, but with many additional modern features like MIDI, Audiobus, and adjustable sound parameters.
Supports CoreMIDI, Audiobus, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer 1 and 2, and AKAI Synthstation 25 keyboard. Compatible with Beatmaker 2 and Genome sequencer.
• Sample through the microphone and then play your sounds on the dual keyboards
• Save and email sample packs to friends, or to yourself for backup or transfer
• Download samples from our website and send in your own samples for others to download
• Built-in beats and computer beat generator
• Adjustable sound parameters like vibrato, note trail length, sample time, and more
• Record, add effects, and sample from other apps (requires Audiobus app)
• Put one sample on each keyboard in dual-sample mode
• Multitouch with 18 voices for rich sound
• Automatic smart microphone level adjustment
• Supports all CoreMIDI devices, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer 1 and 2, and AKAI Synthstation 25
• Virtual MIDI and background audio, works with Genome sequencer and Beatmaker 2
• Multichannel MIDI mode places different samples on each MIDI channel, up to 24 samples
• Supports iRig external audio input adapter and iRig microphone
• Low latency
• Coming soon: better iPad control layouts, additional sample storage, and more!
TO SAMPLE: press the red button and speak into the microphone. It will sample for about 3 seconds.
TO PLAY A DRUM BEAT: press the drum icon button in the upper left to open the Rhythm Menu, and then select the beat you want to play. To change the tempo or beat volume, use the buttons on the right. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO GENERATE A RANDOM BEAT: press the drum icon button to open the Rhythm Menu, and then press the RANDOM button. To generate a new random beat, press the button again.
TO SAVE A SAMPLE: press the keyboard icon button in the upper left to open the Sounds Menu. Press SAVE and then choose one of the flashing numbered buttons. Your sample is then saved on that button. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO LOAD A SAMPLE: press the keyboard icon button in the upper left to open the Sounds Menu. Press the numbered button where you saved the sample. Press the X to return to the keyboard.
TO PREVIEW A SAVED SAMPLE: press and hold the numbered button in the Sounds Menu.
TO SAVE CHANGES TO A SAMPLE’S SOUND SETTINGS: press and hold the ‘save’ button in the Sounds Menu.
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.