Animoog v1.1.0 is here! New features include longer recording time in the looper, categorized presets, and fully assignable MIDI cc’s. In this video Moog’s Product Development Specialist, Amos Gaynes, shows you how to use Animoog’s new MIDI control features and explores some of the creative possibilities. Available for both iPhone and iPad.
What’s New in Version 1.1.0
NOTE: ‘Export Presets’ from Animoog Setup page, BEFORE YOU UPDATE.
Save presets to disk using iTunes File Sharing.
IF UPDATE CRASHES, delete Animoog and re-download from App Store.
New features in v1.1.0:
• Preset Categories
• MIDI CC Mapping
• Recording time is doubled
• MIDI OUT available as an in-app purchase
• ACOUSTIC and METALLIC expansion packs added to Animoog Store
fixed bug which caused Animoog 1.0.4 to crash on older iOS versions.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music’s first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set “Use Side Switch to: Mute” then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set “Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation” to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) – An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation – Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting – Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module – A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module – From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter – The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module – Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module – Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module – Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix – Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in – Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
The latest version of Animoog is here with exciting updates as well and new features. Integrating this incredible synthesizer into your performance and production environment just got easier. New features include longer loop time in the record module, categorized presets, and fully assignable MIDI cc’s. In this video Moog’s Product Development Specialist, Amos Gaynes, shows you how to use Animoog’s new MIDI control features and explores some of the new creative possibilities.
Animoog is available for $29.99