Bram Bos have announced their TB-303 Audio Unit app for iOS. The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you’re after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
– Ableton Link synchronization,
– MIDI CC mapping,
– Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
– Audiobus support
– Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar 😉
Looking for an analog tape effect for iPad mixes? Check out Master Record. Easy to use recording application with convenient controls and very creative effects like analog tape recorders will gives your music warmth and natural sounding professional grade quality.
Master Record can use any external audio source for record or used as Effect or Output in Audiobus. Also you can upload audio files to this application for final processing or before mixing.
After recording you can cut any part of track, make fade-in and fade-out and dubbing track with applying all built-in effects. Then you can send the track to another audio application thru “Open in” option or use audio clipboard. Built-in web access service gives you easy way to share files in your WiFi network.
What’s New in Version 2.0
● Playback and recording at the same time.
● Added file format and sample rate conversion.
● New feature Noise Gate.
● Improved user interface.
● Added different color schemes.
● Built-in description updated.
● Minor bug fixes.
Audio processing features:
● Tape recorder effects with different types of frequency response and wow / flutter.
● Classic High / Low shelf EQ for accurate input signal correction.
● Tape saturation effect with three types similar to the different equipment modes.
● Noise effect with five types of noise for more natural sounds.
● Separate level control for each channel with link option and channel selection.
● High quality limiter prevents clipping and makes sound more intense.
● Highly visible level meters, time counter, free space and battery meters.
● Support .wav, .aif, .mp3, .m4a, .caf .flac audio file formats.
● Predefined presets, ability to create own presets.
● Compare two different preset or effects settings in real time.
● All effects settings are stored for each file and recording mode.
● Dubbing recorded or uploaded tracks with using all of effects.
● Cut part of track and make Fade In and Fade Out with three types of envelope.
● Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
● Sharing files on SoundCloud web service (you will need free SoundCloud account).
● Support Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
● Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
● Option “Open in” sends file to another audio application.
● Sharing files thru internal Web service in WiFi network.
● Support iTunes file share.
Get Master Record
Stroke Machine is a professional Groove Synthesizer for the iPad. HALF PRICE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!
• Play your percussion sounds in the new Pad view.
• Mix your tracks in the new Mix view.
• Assign MIDI Controllers to any sound, effect or mixer parameter to control them with an external MIDI hardware controller.
• Audiobus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns with the sample-exact ultra-high resolution pattern sequencer and switch between them in a live performance. Mix, mute or solo sounds, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality oscillators with analog waveforms, playback of your own samples or from the huge factory sample library, frequency and ring modulation, white and pink noise generator, transient generator, multimode filter, overdrive, sample rate and bit depth reduction stage, two-band equalizer, extremely fast envelopes and LFOs, routed into four studio-quality multi-effect busses each featuring sum overdrive, compressor, a modulation effect like chorus, flanger, phaser or sum filter, and a space effect like time or clock delay, or natural, plate or non-linear reverb, all at the same time.
Modulate all continuous parameters with the modulation sequencer, assign envelopes, the LFO, random values or other modulation sources, or control them with dedicated MIDI hardware controllers.
Choose between a colorful user interface skin for dim light situations on stage or a subdued skin for pattern creation sessions in the studio.
• 12 drum and percussion sound parts
• 12 melodic sound parts
• number of voices only limited by CPU
• 4 multi-effect busses
• pattern with up to 16 bars and 256th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable
• modulation sequencer for smooth or quantized automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter
• 128 quick access patterns
• track mix, pan, solo and mute
• sample import
• audio export of a pattern or the whole performance
• MIDI Channel selection per melodic sound and all percussion sounds
• MIDI Clock synchronization
• MIDI Control Change message learn
• Inter-App Audio
• Audiobus 2
• 2 oscillators with analog waveforms and sample playback
• sine wave adjustable in slope, symmetry and saturation
• frequency modulation
• ring modulation
• white and pink noise generator with variable density and multimode filter
• transient generator with crack, rattle, spike, click and thump generators
• multimode filter with 6 dB low or high pass, 12 dB and 24 dB low, band or high pass and band stop
• drive stage with light, medium, hard, clip, tube and fuzz overdrive and tone control
• redux stage (decimator) with sample rate and bit reduction
• fully parametric two-band equalizer with shelf and band types
• glide generator with portamento and glissando for melodic sounds
• voice allocation poly, mono and 3 alternate groups
• 1 LFO with waveforms sine, triangle, pulse, positive pulse, sawtooth, 4 step ramp, 8 step ramp, sample & hold, random, rate synchronizable to clock
• 2 ADSR- or ADBD-envelopes with variable slope for each stage
• modulation sources LFO, envelope 1 and 2, velocity, note number, 4 random generators, pitch bend and modulation wheel
• any continuous parameter can be modulated
• voice mixed into one of four effect busses
Per effect bus:
• sum drive stage with various types and tone filter
• modulation effect with 2 to 6 stage chorus, 4 to 12 stage phaser or multimode filter
• space effect with stereo modulation delay, synchronizable to clock, natural, plate, or non-linear reverb
Minimum requirement: iOS 6.0
Get Stroke Machine! (half price for a limited time)
Here is a little tune I wrote in Gadget called “Gadgets”. I hope you like it! This song was accepted by APM Music in Hollywood and will be in their library for sync. It will be updated soon and available on my APM page here https://www.apmmusic.com/artists-composers/dj-puzzle – I have a pretty good track record with APM so odds are this song will end up in several TV shows !!
So I’ve been playing around with Gadget a lot lately and I write this little tune I call “Gadgets”. It was inspired by the Gadget Marseille and preset number 020. I did a little sound/patch design, layering, and fine tuning to get all the sounds I wanted specifically in the synth percussion department. Hope you like it!
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today’s players can obtain; this resulted in the “ARP ODYSSEi” app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG’s proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We’ve also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
– Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG’s proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
– New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
– Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
– Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the “KORG Gadget” music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the “Lexington” gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.