GrooveMaker® 2 is the latest version of this revolutionary iPhone/iPod touch app, designed for creating non-stop electronic, dance and hip-hop tracks in real-time by anyone anywhere, with results that sound like they were produced by a professional DJ. Making music with loops will never be the same.
GrooveMaker works with pre-arranged sets of loops (called “Songs”) that always sound good together. You can remix them in real-time in virtually limitless ways with our patented “groove generator” technology — all with just one touch.
As soon as you select a Song, you enter into the new Grid interface. Push the Randomix button, and you will immediately see the building blocks of your groove appear on the grid, and the music will start playing. You can change grooves with the Randomix function, or literally “draw” new grooves directly on the grid. You can lock loops, solo and mute them, change volume and pan, and freely associate loops to each of the 8 available tracks. When you’re satisfied with the results, just take a Snap (snapshot) to memorize it for further sequencing.
Enhance your grooves with the new Effects interface, where you have 16 high-quality DJ-oriented effects, from Filter to Delay, Stutter to Flanger, and Crush to Noise. You also get highly creative effects like Twist, Brake, Spin and Tail, that can only be found on sophisticated professional DJ gear.
All the effects can be operated with the X-Y touch surface, where you can even record automation within the 8-bar groove duration, for ultra-dynamic groove-effects progressions. You also have a new Master section, where you can give the finishing touch to your groove with a Compressor, an EQ and a Filter, for a professional sound that can be cut straight to a record.
GrooveMaker Packs offer over 3,600 loops. They come grouped “Song” packs that are each organized by categories such as bass drum, loop, bass, line, pads, effects and percussion. There are 70 collections available, featuring styles like House, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton, and Rock. There are even artist packs from Ace of Skunk Anansie, Chris Domingo and Cool & Dre, with more to be released.
Additionally, GrooveMaker 2 lets you record your own loops with your device, and add them to your grooves. You can also import audio material directly from your Music Library or other sources, cut them into loops, and auto-sync them with your groove effortlessly.
GrooveMaker 2 features:
• Completely redesigned interface
• Single application allows you to have all your loop collections in one place, with in-app purchase
• 16 Packs available in 70 song collections including styles like EDM, Dubstep, House, Hip Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock plus artist packs (4 built-in Songs plus 16 packs available for in-app purchase) • New Matrix interface for simplified loop remixing by drawing
• New flexible management of the Randomix algorithm
• Now single loop duration can be freely set
• New groove duration can be freely set from 1/2 bar to 8 bars, with new 1/4 to 1/32 live-loop functions on saved grooves for dramatic effects
• 16 FX with automation and touch-pad like interface (10 Filter FX built-in effect plus 6 more available for in-app purchase) • New IMPORT functions allow you to easily import audio files or record your own, and integrate them with the existing collection
• New high-quality time-stretch for seamless groove tempo variation from 50% to 200% of original BPM without affecting the pitch
• New real-time recorder
• New master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter
• New sharing features includes Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud
• Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync
Groovemaker 2 is available for $9.99