+ Absolutely new, beautiful Retina interface (horizontal-oriented)
+ External Remote support (like in Futulele) using the free Amidio Remote app for iPhone
+ MIDI In/Out/Record
+ Individual string buttons can be hidden
+ Advanced File Manager
+ And a lot more… This is basically a new app!
+ Expressive playing is now possible
+ Amazing sonic quality, the sound is very impressive
+ Support external freatboard (a-la Futulele app) with Amidio Remote (free iPhone app)
+ Audiobus! Use it with guitar processors!
+ Autoplay with LOTS of beautiful presets!
+ Record to .WAV, .MIDI, export to iTunes
+ Full MIDI compatibility (virtual/hardware)
+ 6 guitars (3 acoustic, 3 electric)
+ 10 On-board FX with 50 presets
+ File Manager
+ Save own chord sets
Turn ANY guitar into a polyphonic guitar-synthesizer or record tablature by playing it.
✮✮✮✮✮ Introductory discount: 75% off WIFI-MIDI upgrade
MIDI Guitar is the world’s first app to transcribe guitar playing into MIDI. The transcription runs in real-time, with latency and accuracy comparable to inconvenient hardware MIDI guitar solutions.
MIDI guitar is 5 years under development and based upon new patent-pending polyphonic pitch detection and –prediction technology that can accurately recognize polyphonic signals, such as complex chords or finger-playing with very low latency and without spurious hits.
MIDI Guitar uses WIFI-MIDI to communicate with digital audio workstations in a frictionless setup or Cable-based MIDI (recommended) for lowest possible latency. It also drives other iOS synth apps using Apple’s virtual MIDI standard.
In order to use MIDI Guitar you need a iPhone 4 or newer, iPod 4th generation, or any iPad. You also need a guitar interface for best results. We recommend the iRig and are currently testing other interfaces. Using an acoustic guitar with the built in microphone might work for some purposes but is not optimal.
The app is FREELY available for evaluation with built in piano sounds. MIDI output (WIFI-MIDI, Virtual-MIDI and Cable-MIDI) is offered as an in-app purchase.
Note that WIFI-MIDI is only supported on the Windows platform via 3rd party apps, and might cause latency issues for some.
RiotFX is an inexpensive real-time guitar effects processor for the iPhone and iPad featuring low-latency throughput, amplifier and cabinet simulation and 12 high quality effects… Attach your guitar to your iDevice and Rock. The intuitive interface allows you to easily configure your effects chain.
Real-time guitar effects for iOS devices
• Pitch Shifter
• Noise Filter
• Noise Gate
• Clean, Lead and Metal Amplifier Models
• Three speaker cabinet models
To use RiotFX, you must attach your guitar to your iPhone or iPad using a good quality adapter such as:
• Apogee Jam
• AmpliTube iRig
• Sonoma Wireworks Guitar Jack
• Peavey AmpKit LINK
AmpKit is a great app for simulating guitar amps, effects and recording app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch*, now with iPad Retina display graphics and an even greater selection of gear in the Gear Store, including the first full-featured, modern bass amp available on iOS.
To enjoy the best possible tone with AmpKit, use Peavey AmpKit LiNK to connect your guitar or bass to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch*.
- The largest guitar and bass gear selection of any amp sim app: 36 amp channels, 24 effects, 21 cabinets, and 8 mics.
- A massive collection of presets: 114 in total!
- Five great cost-saving bundles including the new Summer ‘11 Pack with 6 brand-new amps, 6 cabs, and 4 new effect pedals.
- Powerful features including recording session mix down, Audio Copy & Paste, background audio support, and much more.
Premier Guitar: “AmpKit is the most impressive amp modeling software that I’ve encountered for the iPhone.”
CrunchGear: “AmpKit’s guitar tones are great! From crushing distortion to kooky tremolo, there are many tones to choose from and it is easy to navigate through the options with speed and efficiency.”
This AmpKit+ version includes everything in the free version PLUS a huge set of additional gear at less than half their individual prices.
All the gear from the free version: Peavey ValveKing amp (clean and lead channels), 4×12 and 1×12 cabinets, noise gate, overdrive pedal, two mics.
- Peavey 3120 amp with clean, rhythm, and lead channels and 4×12 cabinet.
- Colonel Vintage amp with 4×10 and 1×12 cabinets.
- Vintage Brit amp with matching 2×12 cabinet.
- Additional pedals include distortion, fuzz, compressor, chorus, phaser, flanger, reverb, and 10-band EQ!
An amazing array of additional gear is available for purchase through AmpKit’s in-app Gear Store, for a total of:
- 20 amps with 36 separate amp channels, each modeled after the actual circuitry of amplifiers from leading manufacturers.
- 24 effects pedals, including advanced noise reduction, tremolo, distortion, fuzz, reverb, delay, 10-band EQ, octaver, flanger, phaser, vibrato, chorus, boost, compressor, overdrive, and an all-in-one envelope filter + auto-wah + manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- 21 cabinets
- 8 mics
- More gear on the way!
Guitar Effects For iPad
- Support for true high-gain operation.
- Run a dozen or more effects at once.
- Hear the difference dual-stage amp simulation makes
- Amazing flexibility and tone control: place pedals virtually anywhere in the effects chain including after the cabinet and before and after the amp.
- Effects Only Mode allows you to use AmpKit as an effects processor connected into an actual amp.
- Mic positioning control.
- 114 predefined amp / pedal presets.
- Create and save an unlimited number of your own custom setups with Favorites and Locking.
- Share your favorite setups with friends via email.
- QuickJump: jump from one favorite setup or preset to another.
- Advanced recording: AmpKit creates both “dry” and “wet” recordings.
- Ability to “re-amp”: re-record a previous session, applying a new amp and pedals setup.
- Recording session mix down: mix down a wet guitar recording with the backing track it was played with.
- Audio Copy & Paste: copy AmpKit recordings and paste them in other iOS apps.
- Paste audio from other apps into AmpKit, a great solution for multi-track recording.
- Instant access to your complete iPod music library so you can jam along.
- Download AmpKit recordings to your computer, email recordings, or share using SoundCloud.
- Multitasking Support / Background Audio: AmpKit can operate and produce audio when running in the background.
SSW Guitarist is simply the fastest, easiest way to build a song chord progression.
Create a song, learn how to play the chords, then export it. All within minutes on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
★ 18 Responsive fully customizable chord pads.
★ Unique fretboard slider allows you to instantly hear the right chord variation to suit.
★ Instantly add more depth and creativity by using the modifier buttons.
★ Unique strum patterns , customise and create your own.
★ Large inbuilt library of chords to use and learn.
★ Record your song and change the key for a different sound.
★ Record and edit every detail of your chord arrangement, including fret slider and strum pattern.
★ Unique playback including Loop. Improvise in real time by strumming with your finger or playing each note.
★ Export to MIDI, great for producers. Quickly create interesting new sounds with the rhythm of a guitar.
★ Tap Tempo to help you get in time.
★ Export to WAV file.
Simple Songwriter Guitarist is available for $4.99
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.