We have a few Modstep tutorial videos here compliments of the developer. We hope this helps you on your musical journey.
Introducing Modstep, Modulation Monster and the first full-blown MIDI sequencer for the iPad. Modstep allows you to create music and jam with your iPad and your favorite IAA Apps, Mac and PC software and MIDI hardware as well as the internal drum sampler and synth. Use it as the centerpiece of your setup to create and perform music on the go, in the studio and on stage.
-Full-blown MIDI sequencer with Step Sequencer and Piano Roll
-Unlimited MIDI tracks
-Audio and MIDI streaming directly via charger cable to Mac and PC using studiomux technology
-Up to 128 MIDI CCs per Track can be modulated
-Built-in drum sampler with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
-Built-in synthesizer with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
-Templates to control external MIDI hardware
-Template editor to create your own templates for IAA Apps, desktop Apps and external MIDI devices
-Supports all MIDI interfaces for the iPad
-Core functionality controllable via external MIDI controllers
-Works on all iPads (iPad 1 restricted to MIDI only)
-Integrated IAA mixer
-Step Sequencer with active steps
-Use third party IAAs as instruments and effects within one app
The Modstep Synth:
Create a drum beat:
Testdrive: sequencing and modulating the Korg minilogue with modstep using the iConnectMIDI2+. All drums are done using the built-in Sampler of modstep. For more info on other features in modstep go here: www.modstep.net/manual
As I mentioned back in 2012, developer UK Music Apps Ltd have released an app called SessionBand. As I described in the news piece from 2012, the SessionBand app is a sort of Band In A Box type app for iOS. There are several genres and instruments available in the series. Well three years later UK Music Apps continues to expand on the series with SessionBand Drums a drum accompaniment app for iOS.
Create stunning drum tracks for any song in minutes with SessionBand – the world’s only chord-based audio loop app.
Containing over 800 precision-cut, 5 channel drum loops played by Ralph Salmins – one of the world’s top drummers, SessionBand Drums – Volume 1 is the fastest way to create studio quality drum tracks – wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated 5 channel mixing, real-time tempo shift, one-touch live recording and Audiobus compatibility – allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand – it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music even if you can’t play a note!
This is a unique app for musicians, producers and anyone who wants to quickly create professional drum tracks.
Note: We recommend using this app with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices (iPhone users please note: due to compatibility issues with Audiobus 2.1.16, we strongly recommend the use of headphones while connecting to Audiobus for best experience).
The fastest way to create studio quality music:
* Simply pick a style
* Quickly build up a track by inserting drum loop blocks on the grid
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your drum track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across other styles and tempos
* Use the automated mixer to get exactly the right sound
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 800 5 channel drum loops included in the app:
* Over 800 stunning acoustic drum loops included – all in 5 channel format – exactly as recorded in the studio
* 116 of the most current playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main musical genres
* 8 genres: Pop; Rock; Funk/RnB; Jazz; Blues/Country; Latin; Reggae and Odd Meter
SessionBand gets the world’s top session musicians playing on your tracks:
* All 800 loops have been recorded exclusively for SessionBand by Ralph Salmins – one of the world’s best session drummers – 3 times nominated as a ‘Top 10’ drummer in the Rhythm Magazine poll and voted Best Drummer at the British Jazz Awards. Ralph continues to perform with some of the biggest names in music including Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Madonna, Wynton Marsalis, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, Quincy Jones, Robbie Williams, Paloma Faith and The Waterboys… to name just a few. He is also credited with performing on over 100 movie soundtracks!
* All loops are copyright free
Anyone can create professional acoustic guitar tracks with SessionBand:
* No musical experience required
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy loop manipulation
* Copy and paste function speeds up the song building process
* Help tutorials on every main screen
Create great-sounding real acoustic drum tracks on the move:
* All loops reside within the app
* No internet access required (once app is downloaded)
* Create studio-quality music absolutely anywhere!
Summary of main features:
* Over 800 individually recorded acoustic drum loops included
* 116 playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main genres
* 6 x main loops and fills in each style
* Live and automated (block) mixing
* Metronome and count-in
* Instant one-touch recording
*Real-time tempo shift +/- 15%
* PDF notation of all 116 styles
* Email finished track instantly as audio
* Email tracks as files for other users to import
* Background audio facility
* iTunes file sharing
* Range of export/share features including Audiobus and AudioCopy
Create, jam, practice, record, share… all in one amazing, self-contained drum app.
Create and play percussion rhythms. Produce complete songs with sequences of rhythms with changing tempo, patterns and dynamics. Beat Vibe can be used both as an accurate metronome for practice, with elaborate rhythms and great visualization, or as a step sequencer/drum machine to create backup percussion loops with percussion sounds from around the world.
Ever wanted to create a percussion background loop for you to play with or for practice? Now you can do that easily and intuitively with Beat Vibe. Create multi-track rhythms by placing percussion instrument beats on a timeline using a touch interface specifically designed for the ipad. Setup complete songs by placing rhythm patterns on a timeline. Beat Vibe comes with over 250 percussion instrument samples of instruments from around the world, and with over 100 pre-programmed rhythms ranging in style from Rock, Jazz, Latin, Flamenco and more. Play your rhythms in Beat Vibe where you can also visualize the rhythm, or export your rhythms to audio files that can be played with any audio software.
What’s New in Version 2.1.0
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See
• Over 250 percussion instrument samples: toms, snares, cymbals, bass, cajon, palmas, conga, darbuka, shaker and more.
• Over 100 built-in rhythm patterns: Jazz, Bossa Nova, Reggae, Waltz, Cha Cha, Mambo, Samba, various rock beats.
• Special features for flamenco affectionados: flamenco palos – Alegrias, Solea, Buleria, Tangos, Seguiriyas, Sevillianas and more. flamenco percussion instruments – Various Cajon sounds, Palmas, Castanets. Flamenco clock to visualize and practice.
• Create complete songs by setting up sequences of rhythms.
• Export to audio files: wav, caf or aifc.
• Built in equalizer with various presets.
• Download additional rhythms from an ever growing online user-generated database.
• Share your rhythms with other app users.
Download additional rhythms from an online, user-generated, rhythm data base containing hundreds of rhythms. Upload your rhythms to the online database to share with other app users.
ThumbJam is a powerful musical performance experience. You get over 30 high-quality real instruments multi-sampled exclusively for this app. Hundreds of included scales allow you to effortlessly play in any style from rock to classical, whether you are a musical novice or a seasoned professional.
What’s New in Version 2.2
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can stream live audio to and from ThumbJam directly with other Audiobus-compatible apps.
– Optimized for iPhone 5 and new iPod touch
– Simpler background audio configuration, including auto powersave mode
– File open-in handling now works properly with instrument or loop ZIPs, scale files and audio files
– Added MIDI transpose options
– Added support for outgoing MIDI clock and limited MIDI clock input sync
– Added support for MIDI MMC Record event to toggle loop recording
– Fixed iPad popover windows persistence on iOS6
– Fixed instrument export list issue
ThumbJam makes use of tilt and shake to add vibrato, tremolo, note bends, and volume swells for more realistic and expressive results. It supports up to five (eleven on iPad) simultaneous touches and up to 24 voice polyphony. Delay and stereo reverb add depth to the sound, and a resonant lowpass filter gives you more tone shaping power. Put on your headphones or plug in to your home stereo to experience some of the highest quality instruments in the App Store.
Build your own loops from the ground up or import your favorites and jam from there. Layer as many loops as you want, with different instruments for each. Export your loops as audio files or Ardour DAW sessions via WiFi. Copy and paste audio from other apps using Sonoma Wire Works AudioCopy/Paste as well the general pasteboard used by BeatMaker, via email, iTunes Document Sharing, or open directly in another application. Now supports Audiobus as well!
Want to jam with your friends? ThumbJam lets you broadcast tempo, key, and scale to other nearby devices via Bluetooth so you can be in sync live. Even better, you can use it as a MIDI or OSC controller over WiFi, with any CoreMidi compatible device, Akai Synthstation, or Line6 MidiMobilizer to control software instruments on your computer, other apps on the same iOS device with virtual MIDI, or play ThumbJam with other hardware or software MIDI controllers or apps!
The app includes a huge variety of scales, from western to eastern. Save your favorites for quick access, or create your own in-app. You can even import new scales in the Scala format for complete flexibility.
You can also record your own instruments using a built-in or attached microphone, or from file import.
+ Cello, Violin, Viola
+ Upright Bass (plucked and bowed)
+ Several drumkits
+ Electric Guitar
+ Electric Bass
+ Tenor Sax
+ Low Whistle
+ Acoustic Guitar
+ Hammered Dulcimer
+ Grand Piano
+ Drawbar Organ (2 types)
+ Pipe Organ
+ Synth Strings
+ Synth Choir
+ Sawtooth Waveform
+ Sine Waveform
+ Triangle Waveform
And from Jordan Rudess:
+ JR Zendrix
+ JR Smooth Steel
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
What’s New in Version 1.2
· Introducing Audiobus support: stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
· DropBox sharing
· Configurable latency: from 128 to 512 frames
· Configurable number of loops to bounce
· Tap tempo
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
– Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
– Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
– 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
– Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
– Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
– No samples used
– Ultra low latency
– 6 tracks audio recorder
– True 3d panning
– Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
– Reverb and Delay effects
– Audio-copy and wave export
iPad Loops is a music app blog dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for iOS musicians, producers, and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
You might know me from my royalty free loop packs and sound design. Some of the apps that contain my loops are LP-5, iPRO.DJSAMPLER, Looptastic, and Audio Elements. My work is published by Sony Creative, Soundtrack Loops, Sample Logic, Pakotec, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.