CrossDJ delivers a unique iPad DJing experience with a user friendly yet professional and feature rich layout. This application allows all DJs to enjoy the pleasure of performing quality sounding mixes on an iPad.
What’s New in Version 1.1.0
Additional bug fixes and improvements
• 2 vinyl decks with realistic scratch
• Ultra-accurate synchronization and ultra-fast beat matching
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display
• Audio via Bluetooth
• Multi-audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
• External mixer audio routing mode (channel A and B are routed to different outputs)
• Direct access to your iPad iTunes library
• Sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• 14 Audio FX: Low-Pass, Hi-Pass, Echo, Delay, Phaser, X-Phaser, Flanger, Jet, Chopper, Crush, Brake, Roll, Cut, Bliss
• X/Y control pad for FX
• Live Beat grid edit
• Auto loops (1/8 to 16 beats)
• Slip mode loops
• 6 hot cues per track
• Split output function for headphones monitoring*
• Pitch fader and pitch bend
• Pitch range from 4% to 100%
• Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader and level meters
• Compatibility with most Bluetooth receivers for cable-free mixing
• Audio via Bluetooth
• Multi-audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
d(- -)b, the first Modular DJ App for the iPad. Looks promising. I have not tried it and they don’t have any reviews at the moment so it’s tough to say but yes it looks good.
Mаԁе bу thе people behind touchAble, d(- -)b provides endless possibilities for DJs with an iPad. Its modular approach lets the app adapt to the user, not the other way around.
DJs can choose from pre-installed templates or create their own interface with up to 6 decks – on one or several pages – making it the perfect tool for any use-case.
The comprehensive in app editor makes it simple to configure your very own DJ setup. The numerous modules include everything a DJ needs, and allow for an incredible amount of flexibility and customization.
With beautiful color-coded waveforms instead of fake vinyl platters, and accurate tools for both worlds of beat-matching: Grid & Sync or Pitch & Nudge – it opens the door to a whole new world of touchable DJing.
With support for Multi-Route Audio, d(- -)b turns the iPad into into a professional DJ setup – powerful, customizable, portable.
+ Zoomable realtime waveforms with spectrum colorcoding
+ 4 cue points per deck
+ 3 band EQ with kill switches
+ loops from 1/64th to 8 bars
+ loop roll while track keeps playing
+ automatic beat & grid detection
+ manually grid tracks if the detection is off
+ pitch coarse & fine faders for 10% / 1% pitch control
+ custom browser with access to the iTunes library
+ record stereo mixes – even without multi-route (optionally listen to the dry/wet monitor signal instead of the recorded main signal)
+ multi-route audio to precue tracks in stereo
-> use any class compilant USB Audio Interface as a secondary stereo output
DJ Rig is a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPad. It provides instant song-playing from the device’s music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads, automatic mixing and performance recording plus an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. When used with the new iRig MIX audio mixer for iOS devices, DJ Rig provides the most portable professional setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
DJ Rig has many advanced app features found only in professional mixing software and hardware combined with the magic of the iPad multi-touch surface to give DJs a whole new level of expression and creativity with the convenience of total mobility.
The DJ Rig double deck comes with selectable waveform, turntable or digital jog interfaces, so no matter what type of software or hardware setup you are used to, you get them all in one single app.
DJs have all the tempo and sync controls they expect from a pro rig at their disposal, while the new waveform view, the drift meter and multiple deck modes provides instant visual feedback on track sync. You can even let the machine go, and DJ Rig will automix your entire sound library while you can focus on creating accurate mash and dramatic breaks.
The unique X-Sync feature (available when used with iRig MIX) enables anyone to automatically synchronize the app audio with any other external audio source like a second iOS device but also regular CD or MP3 players.
1 Direct Cue plus up to 4 cue points, 3-band kill EQ with band isolator, 18 high-quality DJ effects, an advanced looping section and direct access to the music library complete the deck controls for a truly complete mixing experience.
Professional DJ Features:
• Direct access to iPod library and playlists with instant play
• Multiple deck modes including accurate lifelike waveform display, vinyl and digital interfaces.
• Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ with band isolator and Crossfader
• Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup including headphone monitoring
• Professional pitch control section with drift meter for fine BPM adjustments
• Live recorder lets you record full mixing gigs, export and share.
• Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
• 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades
• Auto level detect and track level adjustment for the perfect balance between decks
• Crossfade filter allows fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
Mix & Scratch
• Tempo Sync
• Beat Match
• Fast BPM detection and beat map analysis
• AutoMix lets you automatically mix the entire music library and playlists
• 5 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 4 available as an in-app purchase)
• Auto CUE for automatic first beat positioning.
• Advanced looping section with continuous loop surface, customizable loop and slip mode
• Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat
• X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the audio/tempo of internal decks to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
• Effects deck with 18 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, Filter High Pass, Filter Low Pass, Filter Band Pass, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter,Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist Up and Twist Down (6 available for in-app purchase, Low Pass Filter included as Free FX)
• XY touch interface
• All effects are BPM-synched
• Multiple controls
• Extra filter available
• On-the-fly sampler machine
• 9 pads matrix with assignable pads
• 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase)
• Live sampling functionality
• Individual pad adjustment for pitch and volume
DJ Studio is a dj app for the iPad. It comes with content too, which is nice. The loops are provided by Loopmasters and the logo looks a lot like Loopmasters Dj Mixtools so I’m thinking they had a lot to do with the development of this app. It is free to download but it is quite limited without purchasing the in app upgrades.
Dj Studio Screenshot
• Browse built-in library of Loop & Samples and drop onto your 4×4 Deck
• Tap Pads to play – auto-sync means you’re always on the Beat
• Manipulate Level, Mute and FX Send for each Pad
• Mixer provides Level/Mute, EQ and FX Send on 4 independent channels
• Delay FX Unit provided will autoset its parameters to match Tempo
• Save your Sets and Record your Live Performances
• Absolutely no experience required
• It’s FREE
In-App Purchase Options
Once you’ve mastered DJ Studio, you might want to step up your DJ game, so we’ve made the following In-App purchases available:
Pro Features Upgrade
Unlocks limitations on some functions and adds pro-DJ features
• Full (4×4) Pad Matrix: The Free App gives you 2 channels of 4 Pads (2×4) – the Pro Features Upgrade unlocks the full 4×4 Deck
• Save your Sets: The Pro Features Upgrade allows you to save unlimitied Sets, so you can quickly build up ready-to-go material
• Unlimited Recording: Recordings in the Free App are limited to 3 minutes – the Pro Features Upgrade removes the limitation
• Multiple EQ Types: The Free App comes with Low-Pass Filter EQs – the Pro Features Upgrade enables multiple EQ types (Low-pass, High-pass, Parametric)
Pro Content Upgrade
Adds Content to your library, in Loop and long-form Mixtools format
• Beef up your Building Blocks: Get tons more options in Bass, Drum/Music Loops, Percussion, Vocals and FX categories
• Progressive Mixtools Stems: The Mixtools format breaks down tracks by top Artists in progressive stems covering drum grooves, percussion tops, synths, effect builds, breakdowns and drops – saving you time and effort so you can focus on being creative.
DJ Rig FREE offers double-deck DJ mixing with instant song-playing from the device’s music library, with automatic tempo sync and, for the first time on an iOS app: beat matching, allowing anyone to perfectly synchronize any song just like a pro DJ – but with just one touch of a button.
All the controls needed for an inspired mixing experience are included in DJ Rig FREE such as tempo controls for fine tuning BPM adjustments, multiple crossfader curves, a waveform display that can be dragged and zoomed, and an accurate scratch engine modeled on real deck behavior with IK’s proprietary CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat and a live recorder to capture the full mix performance and export it easily.
Further augmenting the app’s capabilities, DJ Rig FREE also includes a beat-synced effect (filter) with XY touch interface and a sampler machine with a set of 9 sample pads and one sample bank. These can be used to enhance the remixing performance or record and play your own samples on top of your mixes. More effects (up to 12) and sample banks (up to 15) can be added via in-app purchase by upgrading to the full version of DJ Rig or getting the Pro-bundle pack, which also includes multiple (4) visual cue-points.
Most notably, DJ Rig also includes X-Sync. This feature, when used with iRig Mix, unlocks the full capability of the iRig DJ system. For the first time it is now possible for anyone to synchronize the app’s audio with any other external audio source. This can be a second iOS device of course, but DJ’s can now also sync to external CD and MP3 players!
DJ Rig FREE features
-Landscape and portrait interfaces
-Instant songs and playlists playing from the device music library, with BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
-Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
-Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader
-Tempo Sync and Beat match
-Effects with XY touch interface – all beat-synced
-Sampler-machine with sample pads
-Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
-X-Sync mode detects the tempo from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the app audio to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
Pricing and availability
-DJ Rig FREE is now available for download in the App Store.
-An upgrade to the full version is available as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes looping, 5 effects (Band Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, Delay, Stutter, Phazer) and 7 sound banks (Drones, Hoovers, Instrument Hits 1, Stabs 1, Synth 1, Vocals 1, Classic FX). The regular paid version of the DJ Rig app with all these features already included is also available in the iTunes store for the same price.
-A Pro bundle pack is available for the users of the full version as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes: multiple cues, digital deck skin, 6 effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzzy, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crush) and 7 Sound Banks (Atmo FX, Animals FX, Instrument Hits 2, Instrument Hits 3, Synth 2, Stabs 2, Vocals 2).
-iRig MIX is priced at $99.99/€74.99 (ex. VAT) and will start shipping in May.
-An iPad version of DJ Rig is currently in development and will be available soon.
iPad Loops is a blog site dedicated to exposing the best iPad apps for music producers and Djs. This is not a database of every app. It is, however, one of useful recommendations from someone with many years in music production. I try to update it on a daily basis (ok sometimes every two days) and I do my best to post useful apps only. My name is Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). I am THE go to man for royalty free loops. My work is published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Acoustica, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.