Aftertouch unlocks the musical potential of 3D Touch, turning your iPhone into a velocity and pressure sensitive MIDI controller.
Aftertouch sends MIDI note and control data to other apps, or to external hardware via the Camera Connection Kit or via Bluetooth MIDI. It also includes a built-in synthesizer so you can start making music immediately.
– Configurable grid dimensions and musical intervals between rows and columns
– Configurable note display format (MIDI note number, musical pitch, or a combination of both)
– Easy-access transposition buttons to move the grid by a semitone or an octave
– Selectable MIDI output: choose between virtual MIDI destinations (other apps), hardware USB MIDI connections (via the Camera Connection Kit), or Bluetooth MIDI devices
– Selectable MIDI Channel, or MPE (Multi-dimensional Polyphonic Expression)
– Configurable CC outputs for X, Y, and Z axis finger movement (with support for Pitch Bend in the X axis, and Channel or Polyphonic pressure in the Z axis)
– Built-in phase modulation synthesizer exhibits the default expression settings
– Velocity curve editor for fine-tuning the velocity- and pressure-sensitivity to your musical style
– Use the full screen to set the range of control parameters, or constrain them to only respond to movement within a single pad.
NOTE: Z-axis support is only available on devices with 3D Touch. Other devices still send X and Y axis data, and send a fixed note-on velocity value.