But what is it? Synth or synth controller? We know it’s a synth and it’s called Animoog.
New Moog synth app for the iPad called Animoog.
Animoog, powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is the first professional polyphonic synthesiser designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesisers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthisis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression.
- Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE): An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evvoling soundscape.
- Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y sapce from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesisiers and pedals. Note, this is not simple sample playback.
- Plolyphonic Modulation – Simply slide your finger to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting – Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
- Delay Module – A classic analog style ping pong delay
- Thick Module – From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge, and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
- Moog Filter – The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with Higgh Pass, Low Pass, and Band Pass modes.
Animoog is available for $1 for a limited time and then $30
The Moog Filtatron is a realtime audio filter and effects engine. Use sound from any of three sources:
- Line/microphone input,
- Sampler, or
- Built-in oscillator
NEW: Import any song on your iDevice into the Sampler.
Run the sound through a virtual version of the famous Moog filter with a little (or a lot) of filter modulation, delay, and overdrive to create your own musical statement.
Multi-touch X-Y pads provide highly tweakable performance control for live use.
NEW: Switch Pad to “Pitch Lock” mode to play chromatic scales.
OSCILLATOR – A high-resolution, alias-free DSP oscillator with sawtooth and square waveforms, adjustable frequency from 0.3 Hz to 2kHz.
FX MODULES – Amp provides warm, smooth overdrive with feedback control. Delay can be modulated by its own LFO (with rate and depth controls) and delay time is smoothly interpolated for analog-style delay time tweaks.
LFO – Five waveforms: sine, ramp, sawtooth, square, sample & hold, with crossfade and morph between adjacent LFO shapes.
ENVELOPE FOLLOWER – Uses the volume envelope of sound inputs to sweep the filter, with controls for amount and speed.
PRESETS – Filtatron comes loaded with edgy presets to kick-start your sound.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK – All audio processed in stereo, 16bit, 44.1kHz resolution. Filtatron will record samples up to 10MB.
FILE SHARING – Easily move audio files back and forth between the Filtatron and your computer. Built-in email function allows sharing presets with your Filtatron bandmates.
Life’s a rough mix, filter it!
iPadLoops On FB | Our music app specialist awaits you.