MidiBus is a MIDI clock sync generator and monitor. Now it may not be much to look at really but hey it is a utility and is does exactly what it is supposed to do and that is to function as a MIDI clock sync master device.
Choose your bpm, time signature and MIDI destinations. Press the play button and all selected apps and devices will receive a synchronised, rock-solid MIDI sync clock source.
On the flipside, monitor the MIDI clock signals of apps and devices (including MidiBus itself) and measure how accurate and stable they really are. You might be very surprised at the results.
What’s New in Version 1.5
– MIDI controlled Tap Tempo (via MIDI learn)
“A new feature that allows you to use an external MIDI controller to ‘tap’ the tempo even while the clock is running.
It works by ‘learning’ the event you wish to use to set the tempo. Here’s how to do it:
1. Make sure that the controller you want to use is being monitored. On the Monitor panel in the app check that the connected controller (can be another app, hardware or wifi/bluetooth port) has a blue arrow/clock icon (not red X).
2. Flip to the Transport panel and press the ‘bpm’ field to expand the Tap Tempo controls.
3. Slide the ‘learn’ switch to ‘On’ and generate your external MIDI event that you wish to use to control the tempo. The event must be either a note, controller (value > 0) or a program change. Once the learn function has seen one of these events it remembers that event as the tap tempo trigger (hex value of learnt event shown in the textfield) and automatically switches out of learn mode.
Subsequent taps of the learn event will set the tempo of the clock signal. You can do this while the clock is running (this applies to the ‘Tap Tempo’ button in the app too in this release. The learnt event is channelised in that subsequent events must be on the same channel as the learnt event to trigger the tempo adjustment. Regards, Nic.”
– Tap Tempo now also adjusts BPM while clock is running
– Support for forthcoming companion app
– Minor fixes, MidiBus library 1.35 update